Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there anything Karin can do follow up st.HK when it crush counters. I messed around in training mode and couldn't figure out any options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ree - you. That's how I say it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thank you for the Karin crush advice, I worked out the timing on walk forward + HP so hopefully I don't just freeze up next time I land a crush in a real match.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Elvis_Maximus posted:

That's kind of what I figured, but wanted to double check that.

Is the best way to practice defending yourself from throws just to set a training mode bot to throw you repeatedly?

Maybe just mash it faster?

I just mash like crazy if I think they're going to throw me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ingenium posted:

So I get that Ryu is the classic starting character to learn the game and getgud. I am cool with committing to him for a while, but what is a good indicator that you can start looking at other characters without falling into all the standard issues with starting on characters like Vega or Dhalsim. I am only struggling to keep my super bronze now so I have a long way to go either way.

I would say choose someone you enjoy playing and don't worry about losing because you will always lose, a lot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cams posted:

i actually agree in that i think she is real shallow, but those normals are something.

Karin is cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Golem II posted:

Nothing about fang? I've seen combo videos but I don't understand how you hit and can do a charge attack.

Not experienced with Fang specifically but with the input buffer you can throw out a normal and start charging your special, and if you land the hit you can cancel into your charged attack. The timing can be tricky but that's generally how that works.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also posted a tip that was ignored.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looks like Project X Zone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

The FGC would probably rip a for-real autistic person to shreds. Aspies gravitate towards games that don't require any real skill like RPGs and Nintendo games.

Like a decent amount of FGC people I know can barely even be called nerds and aren't really into a lot of nerdy stuff other than video games and are more into sports, going to the gym and hip hop than Star Wars, anime and Magic the Gathering and whatnot.

Although at least half are big weeaboos, myself included

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

These guys who play 1000s of hours of the same game over and over again and can count frames like Neo looking at the matrix are cool because they know what a deadlift is and have two Tupac albums on their iPod.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

How do I defeat flowchart ken (or Ryu) who throws a lot? I feel like he is the end boss of scrub tier matchmaking. Especially with someone like Chun who doesn't have a lot of gimmicks or a non-ex invincible reversal

I think I need to never miss my quick rises and get better at punishing blocked/whiffed dps and sweeps. It doesn't matter if they are throwing hadokens/shoryus/sweeps out like a maniac if I can't punish them for it. My mid range footsie game also gets discombobulated if they are decent at using fireballs as a midrange poke

If you get one knockdown on people like this you will win because they will always DP reversal and if you have a punish for it you can decimate them. Karin at least her uppercut to deal with that is a crush counter and just destroys people. Idk about Chun though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we won't see a balance patch until after this first round of characters has been added and they start talking about the second round.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

inthesto posted:

Other than wearing a sonic hat and a fox tail, I don't think Sonic Fox does or has done anything particularly weird

He has, however, beasted PerfectLegend 13-0 in a FT10

Sonic Fox is going God's work by wearin a tail and being a completely unabashed furry while winning tens of thousands on the main stage of crappy Netherrealm fighters, making that scene look like a complete joke. He's awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Going to tournaments you don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning is actually way more fun and less stressful than entering one you're planning on winning

I registered for Revelator at Evo this year for this reason :grin:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should make a new soul Calibur

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's continued existence at Evo is purely monetary afaik. I can't stand watching it either but I understand why it's there instead of KOFXIII ( :cry: )

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Okita posted:

I'm having a hard time telling if Momochi is actually hit confirming Ken's b.MP alone or if he just knows it's going to hit in certain situations.

He does it a couple of times in round 1, but here's the one I was looking at(happens at 1:05):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6-NB5MgJKk&t=63s

It looks like he might be punishing the chun dash after the blocked kikoken. Does he just know that it often comes after the kikoken so he pre-emptively throws out the b.MP and confirms the dash + b.MP together?

The chun dash is 15F, the b.MP is 21F from start to finish. I could see him confirming those two together, but if he's confirming the b.MP alone, jesus christ that's inhuman.

Momochi has played a lot of street fighter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Alright, thanks, I'll try to just drill until I can do it. I've been trying to keep wrist motion to a minimum but yeah, I can't control the stick finely enough without my wrist to hit the switch, go to neutral and hit the switch again fast enough to dash, if I go all the way to the gate it doesn't return to neutral fast enough.

For the record, this is how I hold it:

I grip my stick like I'm stroking off a big dick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

croutonZA posted:

I don't think it's a good idea speculating about a possible round 2 of DLC characters until we find out how the game's selling imo.

Put in Q, Yang, Makoto and Uhhh Urien!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Use the D-Pad, not an analog stick. There's more precision on your inputs there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Hori Rap4 is what I use and I love it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's funny that they've advertised this as the first stop on the CPT and tried to play it up but the schedule on Capcom's website just says "Sunday - ???"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shockeh posted:

Oh, sorry, I didn't explain very well - I'm perfectly happy on stick, and have been for years, but I can't use it at night because it wakes my daughter, and then Apocalypse Wife happens. :v:

Sounds like you need to sever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zand posted:

wait, do people that stand to gain nothing from playing this game (like cred, money, etc) actually enjoy it?

I've been enjoying it but I'm giving anybody permission to cavitate my skull with a high powered hammer strike if I am playing this game once Revelator comes out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Q is loving epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has there been any indication as to a date for the March update yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

tell me to how to stop pushing buttons

I push a lot of buttons when I far away from people but I don't push buttons when I get closer. This is true power, a psychological battle on the digital landscape

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been focusing on my anti airs recently. Reacting to certain attacks is pretty hard but it's satisfying to send people flying away like a maniac rag doll when you land one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dhamster posted:

That'd be Ryu (Pronounced Rye-oo)

Learn how to do a wake up DP and use it at every given opportunity, you'll be on you way to bronze rank in no time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is a PlayStation Vita a tournament legal controller for SFV

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the difference between your active frames and the opponents frames in the block status. If something is + it means it's "safe" ie even if they block the attack you have the ability to attack again without them interrupting in that + window. Conversely - frames means you are vulnerable to a counter attack if they block it. There's more to it at the finer scale when you consider which of your attacks have longer or shorter start up frames that determines which moves are able to counter if you block a - attack and so forth, but that's the gist of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Commissar Ken posted:

Alright gimmie all those sick 1 frame links I need to be hitting and 14 hit target combos for Gief.

Every combo in this game is M normal into special

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mess up my simplest punish combos half the time online but it usually feels alright.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Are there any good follow ups to Karin's V-Reversal? I couldn't find any in training, but maybe reversals are just to force a reset rather than kick off a combo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

Let's all play killer instinct

*starts screaming*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll see you all at the Guilty Gear fishing hole

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training