Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Liquid Penguins posted:

Mortal Kombat 9 was cool because it had dozens of hours of unique single player content in the groundbreaking story mode and the extensive challenge tower. MKX was a flaming bag of dog poo poo. Can street fighter v come close to the only good fighting game ever made?

Cyberbots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Smegmatron posted:

He doesn't know what he's saying.

Ignore this dumb bullshit and watch Juicebox's stream. He's super chill and explains things very clearly. He'll also answer your scrubby questions if you post them in his chat.

http://www.twitch.tv/juicebox_fgc

Does he act out supers after he does them

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I like to think that Karin yells "come on, broski" during her super

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Bison juices with psycho power where as Karin is just really buff because she ate Yun's heart

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

a lot of fg players are petty criminals though, thats pretty cool

For every MewtwoKing, there is a Dark Prince, and thus balance in the universe is maintained

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The last time I went to a console gathering, they only ran MK and DoA. The guy who ran the thing said "We don't run that Street Fighter poo poo here" and when I said DoA wasn't my jam, he said "What's you're problem with it other than certain adult portrayals of the female characters" in the creepiest way possible

His MtG card sleeves also had naked anime women on them

I don't think I'm going back there

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I kinda fell off the wagon as I got sick of USF4 after playing it for years and haven't kept up with recent streams within the past 2-3 years so that guy was pretty unknown to me. Yeeaaaahh... he seems pretty fuckin' weird.

Other than wearing a sonic hat and a fox tail, I don't think Sonic Fox does or has done anything particularly weird

He has, however, beasted PerfectLegend 13-0 in a FT10

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Is there a reason why Smash tournaments have never opened up the possibility for 2v2 brackets

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
And one that lets Laura's bare rear end hang out

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Hydrocodone posted:

I'm watching idly. And Winter Brawl is sponsored by some vape company. What a meeting of subcultures.

Their advertising is really gross (one splash screen was just a giant loving close-up of Yipes' face as he was surrounded in water vapor) but in all honesty Steam Co's products are actually really good

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Completing story mode with every character is 160k, then easy survival is another 160k, and then normal survival is yet another 160k

Sure, normal survival is a bit more tedious, but the game gives us 480k of points, which is nearly 5 characters, for free

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Madcosby posted:

Crap all I play is ranked and casual matches and training mode. Survival is boring as hell and I could care less about a story

I think im hosed

Story mode takes literally 2 minutes per character to complete

Survival is longer (I'd say 7 and 20 minutes for easy and normal respectively), but you don't really need your full attention to do those anyway

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Madcosby posted:

cool... ill prob run through story mode with each character. The problem with survival mode is that people figured it out in this thread that jump kick sweep is super effective until the magic moment the ai decides to kick in... and you spend more time on loading screens than actual gameplay.

Easy is only 10 matches and you'd have to be literally comatose to not be able to complete it

Normal is 30 matches, and frankly the AI isn't actually that hard so much as your brain is probably in autopilot when the AI decides to start doing things.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
rip sean's target combo into hyper tornado

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Nash can get a meaty moonsault off of an anti-air c.mp

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Hold up a second, are you saying that none of Alex's supers are returning

What is this malarckey

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Jmcrofts posted:

What's the deal with this fake stun gun headbutt?

Just part of his super animation?

Remember that Alex had b.hp

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Actually I was thinking of comp stomps. What would fg comp stomp lobbies look like? Answer this, and you will save fighting games, pomp

E: comp stomp pomp :laugh:

Capcom hires a bunch of minimum wage chumps to sit in a cubicle and sandbag all day

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Okay what the hell is BGH, because all I can think of is Big Game Hunter from Hearthstone and I'm pretty sure that's not what you're talking about

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Oh yeah, then just add dramatic battle vs AI with a survival-style gauntlet with power-ups and all that

The framework is mostly there, and I bet people would eat it up

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Also, dramatic battle owns in general because it always has great tool-assisted nonsense

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Spiral DDT returns :circlefap:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Jmcrofts posted:

Uhh no it doesn't... where are you getting this

I jumped the gun and stopped reading when I saw "small jump and grab"

Well, it's spiral DDT in spirit

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
When you really think about it, stun gun is just super ddt anyway

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Alex actually didn't sound too far off from this in NG and 2I

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

interrodactyl posted:

https://youtu.be/PRaWrA-ruPE

I'm glad capcom removed all the option selects so I have to commit when I press a button

Didn't MKX have this exact same loving problem

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

teagone posted:

This was apparently an unused alternate costume concept for Cammy in SF4:

I'd be cool with this as an alt in SFV.

It's just the costume for the rogue in Shadows Over Mystara

They ended up giving the costume to Rose instead

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
At least everything I hear about DSP from OG players still paint him as a cowardly, two-faced sycophant and the guy was generally unliked even well before he became "famous"

My personal favorite is where DSP put a bounty on Pyrolee during a tournament, and after Pyrolee took the entire thing, DSP did a total about-face and began kissing his rear end like crazy

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also, I'm recently discovering that Mika appears to have a tick-command throw? ...Off of what looks like a jab?

...What the actual gently caress am I supposed to do with that?

You tick into command throw

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just realized we're halfway through the month and there's no date on the March patch

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Okay so I decided to play this game again and wow you guys were not overstating how good dashes are in this game. I definitely felt the difference when I stopped playing footsies with my feet glued to the ground and started dashing a lot more.

Am I nuts or is Nash's best anti-air just moving under the other guy (whether it's with a dash of f.lk)?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Crayvex posted:

Does anyone actually talk about the game any more? What am I supposed to do against Karin as Birdie? I feel like I can't press any buttons.

I just ran a Karin vs Birdie set against my buddy and my conclusion from this very limited data set is "hope the Karin player suffers a stroke"

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Dracula Factory posted:

I own Skullgirls exactly because it seemed to have competent, communicative devs, but the characters didn't appeal to me and the reset and assist-heavy gameplay is really niche and I don't want to play a game with a microscopic cummunity.

And I'll never play KI simply because it's hard to look at, the ridiculous spark effects make every match look like a Judas Priest video. And the cast seems to be varied but 100% bland.

I'm glad I bought Skullgirls twice and never really played it, because now they're making an RPG made in the style of Valkyrie Profile, one of my favorite RPGs of all time :allears:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

This is so you cant keep flash kick charge after throwing a boom

Or rather the you can't keep headbutt charged after low rush

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
If Nash uses f+HP after using his ground v-trigger, then he deserves to lose his v-meter and take damage for it

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Sarchasm posted:

Why don't people like the word "shimmy," anyway? It's a good word. It's a fun thing to say and a fun thing to do.

Because we didn't need a new word for "baiting throw"

It's the same reason we roll our eyes at "microstep" and, a few years back, when Smash players used words like "lag" and "camping"

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
A buddy of mine got invited to that private Discord four times

His response was "I'm not doing Arturo's training mode for him"

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Can somebody explain how SG/Xrd/any non-king of the hill lobbies work

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Okay now that I've turned it up because the uploader made it quiet as hell, it's actually not bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

bhsman posted:

Charlie supposedly looks like Captain Commando

Now I'm kind of hoping Alex is no fun to play so I don't have to debate whether or not to stick with Nash