Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

Guile had a dope glitch in mvc2 though?

He was also incredibly fun for goofin on babies who didn't know how to roll.

Also, I'd rather they add more new characters than recycle the rest of the old cast for yet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

These loving costumes

Why even give them clothes

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Madcosby posted:

Did they change the inputs for raging demon in sf5?
Nope. The input buffer just looks at that and goes: "Guess it's in there somewhere, sure."

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I still like this exchange but I wouldn't consider it clowny so much as Akuma being dumb for being so fireball happy against stocked Urien.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Now this is silly

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Enkmar posted:

Namco I don't know why you'd be reading the sfv thread but if you are please make another soul calibur game
Namco do not listen to this man.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Corbeau posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you?

I played all the Soul Caliburs after 2

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Saint Freak posted:

What if Sub-zero had boobs?

Frost is unironically more interesting than Helen.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Otakufag posted:

Would this game be better if they made every character good as hell? Like, increase the range of all stubby normals, double amount of active frames, make dp's invincible again, fireballs more threatening, etc.?

Absolutely yes.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Gameplay wise she looks like she's from a completely different game, so maybe good?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Razzled posted:

dumb question: do PS3 sticks still not work on PC on windows 10? having to map inputs to joy2key wasn't much fun. i guess i should stop being a dumb ancient rear end in a top hat and just get an xb1 stick

PlayStation controllers work on PC through DirectInput API.

SFV only recognises XInput.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Razzled posted:

I can't remember.. do the old X360 sticks work on xinput? So I can save some money that way?

Yes. It's the API Microsoft designed specifically for 360 controllers that was later expanded to Xbone.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Count Bleck posted:

Clearly, it went into Capcom's bailout fund.

AKA RE7

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

SF4:SF5::George W Bush:Donald Trump

Yeah it's insane seeing all this thread cry for the halcyon days of SF4 like we didn't all despise and trash talk it in its supremacy.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Faffel posted:

Everything just keeps getting worse with time.

Nah Tekken got good again after being bad

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Keegers posted:

Dan taught me how to be better at sfiv than Ryu did.

He taught me a lesson for SFV by not participating.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Ken's the strongest because he could easily beat every one of the main cast but laziness and boredom prevents him from realizing his potential also he has a hot wife

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Command grabs should all be 0 Frame Startup and have no whiff animation.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Stop giving Capcom money.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

:wtc:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

fnox posted:

what is with that loving hat

he used to be a skinny kid what the hell happened

They didn't want to model a new male body so they just reused the stock Beefman the rest of the male cast uses.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Prediction: within a week people will discover this can soft lock the game and the stage will be removed, then return without the cage.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gammatron 64 posted:

Why is Ultra Street Fighter 2 $40

Capcom

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Wasn't Bipson originally a girl. The Bipson you saw in ST was a frail body that didn't mature for long enough, the super buff Bipson in Alpha was another body version, the Bipson in 5 is yet another body, etc.

Rose is half of Dictator's soul but I dunno if it's confirmed his original form was female.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Abigail looks dumb as poo poo because he's basically a Borderlands character.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

https://youtu.be/lY74H6Jf_Wk

Some dude spent a lot of time making a super sfv trailer from an alternate dimension. People broke brained over this game.

I wanna punch this nerd.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I want Abigail to be mad OP so there's like 5-6 of him in every top 8.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

C. Everett Koop posted:

smh at the people saying Abigail is a bad design. He's intentionally ridiculous, as opposed to like Akuma's new design which is unintentionally bad. If anything his legs need to be tinier and his poo poo-eating grin needs to be even bigger.

I like how stupid he looks but I'm a little disgusted he's so blatantly cribbed from Borderlands from his Mad Max slab boy aesthetic to the lol random making car noises and pretending to drive.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

We Know Catheters posted:

You do know Final Fight came out way before Borderlands?

You do know his sprite was just Andore swap with a different head?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Can Abigail jump?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

This is who everyone was speculating before Abigail showed up, yes?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I just buy them, FM is too slow to come by at this point. They're cheap anyway.

Counterpoint: don't give Capcom money.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Nice

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

wait is gief doing 3 suplexes in his super? I thought it was just pushing the person deeper into the ground after the initial impact

This is the problem.

Best case scenario for Menat is probably 3S Ibuki: gotta work hard for okay damage but is fun to play. Not consistent or powerful enough for a real tournament presence.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Maya Fey posted:

this game will never be fixed. all there is to hope for is that it dies and capcom realizes there needs to be a minimal investment of work money and talent to make a fighting game successful, which they won't, so basically play tekken or whatever

lol

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

fadam posted:

According to the leak, the president of the United states of America.

wait what leak?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Why are y'all salty about Blanka: a fun and good character?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I think you guys are heavily discounting the satisfaction of a 50/50 where neither player knows which side it's hitting.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
For the record, I think SFIV Blanka was a lot of fun to play but incredibly stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

COOL CORN posted:

Wait do you have to pick one and only one character to play as in online games? Like... you can't just pick a character when the match starts?

What the hell is this game

I poo poo all over SFV, but locking into a character when you start matchmaking is now just a thing most 3D rendered fighters do.