Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
The only time it sucks if you're in a string of rematches with the same person I might want to try another character without having to peace out on someone I'm having fun with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Invite the dude to a lobby

Just because I'm having a fun coffee date doesn't mean I'm bringing the dude home after!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I think he's taking about the full retail pricing as of right now. ($60+$20+$30=$110)

Once AE comes out buying the complete game (excluding cosmetics) will cost $70.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Madcosby posted:

I unlocked juri and lol @ the terrible modes fir fight money. Im not paying for characters ever. Juri is so bad its amazing. Wish there was a try before you unlock feature

I just read the thread to see how capcom fucks my favorite franchise with greedy dlc and terrible design decisions

I weep for people who play this monstroaity. Just because it has street fighter in the title doesnt mean you have to play it

FWIW I think AE is a reasonable value, outside the merits of the game itself. They should take a cue from LoL and do a weekly or weekend free character.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Biggz posted:

I bought Kum Haehyun in a recent sale 'cos I didn't think I could get him by fishing. Was I able to buy him with game cash?

No, you can only buy Raven in-game.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Xrd rewards early adopters of their games, instead of Capcom banking on catching hold-outs.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

that was basically my point

the xrd model still sucks and it's loving pathetic that even though it's that bad it's still better than sfv in such a huge way

I don't think there's anything inherently better about either model, ideally both sets of players should be getting bennies of some kind of buying the game if they want to foster a healthy community.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 12, 2018

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Woden posted:

She's also like 70 years old but looks like a teenager because Harada.

She died when she was young and ghosts don't age.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 24, 2018

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

People had Rose as a top 3 character in USF4 after Louffy.

That's not that far off.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Double Bill posted:

No Abigail in top5, see the character is fine

Abigail is a Gatekeeper

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Bolo Yeung actually has four arms and they went to extensive effort to conceal them with special effects. Ed Boon regarded this as a mistake.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
FLEX

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

darealkooky posted:

in the defense of these scrooge companies, they don't have the unlimited black holes of money known as "idolmaster" and "gundam" to draw from that lets them fund games without shaking their customers down for quarters

Monster Hunter

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

how can you say this unironically in defense of a game with Laura's string bikini in it

SFV confirmed for anime

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Still blows my mind that the release of SFV made people magically start thinking SFIV was good

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Boy Cody's face looks like it has no texture./

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I also like that the seal says:

City of Metro City

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Mayor of Earth >>> President of the World

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Spring Break My Heart posted:

1. denial of bad reviews and all the dumb business practices
2. thinking of how bad capcom managed the entire release and post-release situation
3. depression over my favourite series being destroyed and my favourite company being a trainwreck
4. waiting for dlc prices to drop sharply and for sagat to come out
5. im going to buy the game when sagat comes out

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Bloodly posted:

I know that the taunts with Q did the defence-up. And I know that Dudley's was something to actually use, because that rose was actually a ranged option. What I'm unclear of is: Did the manual tell you about this sort of thing? And is it in the documentation given out now? Or is it still something you need to hunt down to learn?

3S released in a era of Internet knowledge so it was way to get that info from GameFAQs or SRK but I don't remember any home release of 3s having an instruction book, let alone taunt data. It was more or less a hidden system in the same way as Akuma's extra supers.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Astrochicken posted:

I bought G but 10 casual matches in and I've realized I literally have no idea how to play this game as anyone but FANG.

"I must apologize for Astrochicken. He is an idiot. We purposely trained him wrong as a joke."

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

It's absolutely iconic but the "power and history" bit is maybe a little overstated.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It costs $60 to get all the characters and online is still unplayable 3 years later.

edit: $65 because Kage is not in a season pass.

Arcade Edition costs $40 and includes the first two seasons.

Season 3 costs $30

Kage costs I think $6

$76 before buying costumes and stages.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
SFV is bad and incompetent, but it's certainly not for lack of effort and attention... with the exception of the netcode.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I can't believe they just gave Seth titties

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
SFV at this point has gone from "poo poo" to "Okay" and CE is a more than adequate apology for the DLC volume

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
This game is stupid and bad I gave Capcom money for a fighting game for the first time since IV Arcade Edition because I'm a fool.

Where do I find any good non-titty character mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Lol the Tifa Lucia skin ElChakotay uses that I want costs money and has fuckdoll options welp