Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I haven't bought this game yet because I didn't think balrog was in it. Is he any good? I don't mind if he plays differently than in sf4 but if he is hot garbage, i don't even want to think about this game until juri.

Dias posted:

first they came for our buttslaps, but i didn't say nothing because i didn't give a gently caress
then they came for our revealing costumes, but i didn't say nothing because i like her alts better anyway
then they came for r mika itself

turns out the police state ain't all that bad

Jeez the mika hate is strong in this thread. I thought she was on everyone's wish list based on previous threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Evil Canadian posted:

Well the biggest thing to me in that regard as someone who has put a good amount of time into rog, is the alpha counter leaves you at -2 right in front of their face touching the opponent because of its forward momentum. That isn't the case for anyone else with hit alpha counters. Being negative while touching someone with a command grab really sucks balls.

Ugh, sounds lame. Will wait to buy this unfinished Game when juri arrives. Appreciate the info. :)

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Shiki Dan posted:

I don't think that's half the cast.

Even Birdie has throw invincibility on his EX command grab. Not even the Free Willy leap, the grounded one.

Balrog has by far the worst V-Reversal in the game, stubby normals, unsafe specials, a wide hurtbox, and no attacks that counter meaty throws except like Level 8+ TAP and Super.

I... don't need to hear anymore... Please... no more

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

nickmeister posted:

For some reason I feel like playing in person with someone makes them adapt and change their play style more often.

You say this like it's a bad thing. Better competition makes you a better fighter.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
All this and Juri being underwhelming has made me pass on this game. I'll just play fightcade until kof and guilty gear come out on PC.

...I can't believe capcom fixed some nips before they fixed the core gameplay/finished the game.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Fellblade posted:

10 minute job for like 2 people max vs months and months of work for the whole team (which is now made up of about 5 people as they already moved everybody else on the next monster hunter or whatever).

Hmmmm hard to see why they didn't pick option 2.

I get that it takes less effort to do something like that. But that should have been done before the game came out. Like how the game should have been finished before it was released. It's like taking out a burlesque number to an unfinished, unrehearsed play about Lincoln. Sure it's a good idea and relatively easy to do, but maybe the play should have been ready before they started charging people for tickets.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
So I just finished watching this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1dBkF5Z2o8

and became irrationally upset. I hate this game so much.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
8 frame delay and long load times between matches is enough to keep me from buying this game.

They also need to fix Balrog/Boxer.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Any news on whether they made juri/Balrog good/fun? Haven't been able to find anything yet.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Real hurthling! posted:

Juri got an input change on her dp which is good for not accidently losing all the time and her v skill charge up is faster. her st mp has less pushback so she can maybe actually start offense now.

Balrog got his aa special on dp input instead of charge so hopefully you can do an aa on reaction now. his ex rush does less damage. his cr mk is now a low attack.

This sounds promising and fun. Hopefully the rest of the changes gel well.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lol how did load times get even worse

Please tell me this is hyperbole. I'm planning on getting the PC version but if this is for real, I'm not going to bother.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Zand posted:

how the characters are basically incomplete until they have vtrigger

Yeah, that's what it feels like when I play Juri.

Yea, I bought the game. I feel bad now.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Translators note: Bonita means beautiful.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

I wish Juri was in kof/guilty gear. I also wish that kof was on PC.

I wish this game was good.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

I was going to buy Juri's new costume cause it looked cool but after reading this, I don't want to be part of the problem.

I wish my favourite characters were in other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

FilthyImp posted:

Really should have had LTG be the 'pro'.

Would have been to easy. He would through a tantrum and not play if it were a mirror match.