Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nickmeister posted:

What's a good way to train against jump ins?

training mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Jmcrofts posted:

I made this a while ago maybe it'll help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fId0IjLrLE

I haven't played around with turning on multiple recordings, I'll try that.

Normally I just record about 60-90 seconds of moving, random normals and jump ins. I think my biggest issue is getting caught in the middle of trying to play neutral game, so many times I simply can't dp fast enough.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mash 3 on the stick while tapping punch

use multiple recordings because they come out randomly so you have to react

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

nickmeister posted:

What's a good way to train against jump ins? I play Ryu, and I notice most of the time I get punished hard and lose due to people jumping over my normals/fireballs and getting big combos. I've gotten pretty good at using the standing jab to deter cross ups, but the damage is small and you can only get them with a mixup after aa jab a few times before they block everything. DPs are obviously the best way, but I feel like people always know exactly when to jump, whether they're waiting for a fireball or a slower normal.

Sounds like a spacing issue mostly. IMO, play a few games where you only use DP and fireballs and don't worry about losing...just pay a lot of attention to how far away people are when they start to consider jumping in/over, back dash a bunch, and get a feel for that punish. For me I had to realize that this "game" happens at a longer range than I expected.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Sounds like a spacing issue mostly. IMO, play a few games where you only use DP and fireballs and don't worry about losing...just pay a lot of attention to how far away people are when they start to consider jumping in/over, back dash a bunch, and get a feel for that punish. For me I had to realize that this "game" happens at a longer range than I expected.

I'll try this too, thanks.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

nickmeister posted:

What's a good way to train against jump ins? I play Ryu, and I notice most of the time I get punished hard and lose due to people jumping over my normals/fireballs and getting big combos. I've gotten pretty good at using the standing jab to deter cross ups, but the damage is small and you can only get them with a mixup after aa jab a few times before they block everything. DPs are obviously the best way, but I feel like people always know exactly when to jump, whether they're waiting for a fireball or a slower normal.

Just be patient. The worst thing novice and intermediate players do is not stop doing things. You can wait while not giving up space and waiting for a jump in. There are many really common basic fireball patterns that people call out but remember that if you have a huge lead there is almost no reason to throw out a fireball anymore as people tend to bet bigger when they are behind in addition to continuing to throw them being one of the ways you will give your opponent a legit chance to bring the match back.

That said in this game the slow normal thing is a problem you just have to deal with, in older games mediums were often much better pokes and really not punishable by a lucky jump. With so many characters relying on slow heavt attacks(or the entire cast using their nearly identical sweep) getting a jump in on a normal has never been easier!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
A good tip someone here gave a bit back was that most of the community is conditioned to expect another FB after an FB is thrown, watch for that and play with it.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
The most common fireball pattern I see ryu's do is two fireballs and nothing. You can usually just dash in then because they always start looking for you to jump.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
This is all good advice! I'm about to get on in a few minutes, my tag is nickmeister, if anyone is up for some matches cool

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If you are still playing add Goetta. FYI, if you are in the discord channel and ask someone will usually play with you

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

What's the best way to cheat the character unlocks on PC?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Depending on the character you may have to get a feel of where they're likely to use their anti-projectile options too, like Rashid's roll.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Elephunk posted:

What's the best way to cheat the character unlocks on PC?

Get the 1 round survival mod and just stockpile fm

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dawglet posted:

BUT BUT CAPCOM WILL GET YOU!

Lmfao yeah what he said.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Dawglet posted:

Does that still work?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol, yeah I kind of love that poo poo. We went months without even being able to ACCEPT MONEY from people who want to give it to us but ohhhh just you wait those people with the costumes they didn't properly suffer for are definitely gonna get nailed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

on CPT the other day mike ross got challenged by an illegal urien and made the producer cut the game feed while talking about respect for capcom while floe and kbrad tried to lie to him that the player's name was a capcom employee.

he then proceeded to lose like 10 straight rounds with his main against silver league dudes

that show is a goldmine and floe is shady and ruthless to mike roos in the best way

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
illegal urien

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

urien in public is a sex crime

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Even at one round/one hit doing all the survival takes so loving long. A better use of your time would be to go out and seek gainful employment, and then use your newfound real money to buy Revelator

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's my respect for capcom:

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

Does that still work?

I think the old one got patched but I was able to find a new one around when Juri came out.

e: actually I think it just wasn't compatible with the latest update. capcom didn't actually put forth the effort to patch it.

dog house fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 12, 2016

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Endorph posted:

Good now do the same to Chun Capcom.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

HALLELUJA! Street Fighter V saved!
That's exactly the change SFV needed to become good!

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Weremacht posted:

you can also cancel it early to just do the dash but not the slow as hell crossup kick

juri is frustrating because she has all these neat mechanics between charges and her vskill stuff that are cool and fun, but she's bad because no one else has to deal with them. sure, she gets a bunch of meterless damage from burning all her charges, but chun and ryu also get similar damage meterless and chun gets it off a jab so lmao why bother

This and they took away weird poo poo to add weird poo poo.

Her jmp creates combos

they added a target combo that can't be followed up AND gave her an air throw and too away her air rekka kick thingy.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

SectumSempra posted:

they added a target combo that can't be followed up AND gave her an air throw and too away her air rekka kick thingy.

If you're talking about her s.MP~f+HP target combo, it has plenty of ways to follow it up. I don't remember if she has another target combo you might be referring to, though.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Jack Trades posted:

It helps.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Not even in the slightest way.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Besides no lag and being able to hear your opponent's controller clicking, was is it that makes offline play better? For some reason I feel like playing in person with someone makes them adapt and change their play style more often.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Trashtalk

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

nickmeister posted:

Besides no lag and being able to hear your opponent's controller clicking, was is it that makes offline play better? For some reason I feel like playing in person with someone makes them adapt and change their play style more often.

Being able to slap the other guy when they're being a bitch.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

nickmeister posted:

For some reason I feel like playing in person with someone makes them adapt and change their play style more often.

You say this like it's a bad thing. Better competition makes you a better fighter.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Back in Arcade Times there was this fatstrong guy who would sit at a stool on the mvc2 machine. If you did an air combo, he would reach around and unplug the machine and then plug it back in.

I'm not fat or strong enough to fight a fatstrong guy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lmao, that's awesome

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jack Trades posted:

Its good to know capcom has their priorities straight.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Played some SFV this weekend for the first time in awhile. Tried out Necalli and he's pretty fun to play. Had to break the habit of doing gatling inputs.

Trip report:

-At least 2 minutes of waiting for matchmaking and loading screens between matches. If opponents refuse runback (which happens) there's about as much time spent sitting around as is spent playing the game. Xrd has 1/10th the number of players on Steam but it's somehow quicker to get into a game (IF there's a lobby open). Maybe I should try doing battle lounges next time around.
-A few has pretty severe rollback and it's super jarring when it happens.
-Still ran into a couple ragequitters, at least one right after landing the match-ending KO

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

nickmeister posted:

going outside and interacting with other humans

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/08/15/street-fighter-v-development-update-vol-3

The patch tomorrow is installing rage quitting punishment stuff. September they are adding a bunch of stuff they should have had in the first place, like color unlocks. Seems like they are at least starting to listen to the complaints I guess.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

September Update

-VS CPU option

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I was really happy that season pass owners get all costume colors for free, then i realized I hacked them in like a month ago.

edit: i may have read it wrong, it's only for the season pass characters and premiums that you buy.

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 15, 2016