Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I still want bitter and jaded salarywomen Sakura but Ono won't do it because he needs waifu material in his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Butyraceous posted:

wb the male characters all being sexy too? I mean, even the guy who is supposed to be fat has tight pecs and muscled arms, or is that a ~male power fantasy~?

Girl fanservice is more Beard Ryu and twinks than big muscles, yeah.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

flatluigi posted:

Do they have to stop to jack off between matches?

Don't you?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Also this outfit's fine, you loving babies

To be honest with you I forgot it existed but yeah, that's fine.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

inthesto posted:

It's just the costume for the rogue in Shadows Over Mystara

They ended up giving the costume to Rose instead

Rose gets all the good costumes. Except that one with the rose shoulderpads, that one is kinda bad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

!Klams posted:

You have Zanchief over on... EZ?

spin to win

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

I go into how to use it a little bit here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFzO6HBZhLQ

Bitch of the day: those two tools are great but goddamn they're quite obtuse to figure out (well, more the guard recovery action than "mash DP").

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I think its good to learn to do things on your own

i mean that's why you learn how to read framedata

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

i dont think he was arguing with anyone o_O

im just adding to the random neutral post that made little to no sense even in context

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ag Bengip posted:

You can argue with me if you want. I think they should add El Fuerte

Ag Bengip posted:

In Brazil he's known as 'O Forch'

O Forte and also no please leave

now

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
el fuerte would fit perfectly inside a series of tiny boxes, in pieces, courtesy of the mexican cartel

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...I don't know how to use air throws. How do you use air throw they just hit me and then I go back to doing st.lk instead of getting cute because it's Chun.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

You input the command for a throw.... while in the air.

yeah and then i get hit

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, the input lag on SFV being that high explains why I'm having a lot of "motherfucker, I BLOCKED that" moments. I'm glad people keep finding these OSs for SFV.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

"don't get dragged down to their level"

also jumping a fireball is 100% a guess and saying it's something you can practice is dumb

You could technically practice reaction at certain ranges, but yeah, it's a guess more often than not.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cams posted:

dafeetlee has been compiling a list of the strongest online players, sorted by character played

https://dafeetlee.wordpress.com/cfn-strong-player-list/

Haha, Bananaken's tag is awesome.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Whatever people might think of Skullgirls, Mike Z did a lot of solid poo poo when it came to the mechanical side of things and it was his "first" time making a FG.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

I like Mike Z a lot but sometimes I wonder why he hates himself so much this is a joke about responding to people in the comments section of a website

The problem with being an argumentative type of person is that you can't help yourself even when you should just chill.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

darealkooky posted:

is there a UMPS (Unfunny Memes Per Second) chart for these games?

skullgirls runs nice but I feel this is a more pressing concern when it comes to comparing the true quality of these games

Nah, because only spergy goons let "memes" interfere with their enjoyment of a game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, Laura's EN voice is grating as all gently caress.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

anyone who isn't yet aware of "darealkooky"

well here you are

It seems like my first assessment of the situation still holds true.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
After years of playing Rose with her faux Italian accent, I was expecting faux Latino accent for Laura but instead we got weird bubbly thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

deadly_pudding posted:

I also want a dedicated button to make Rashid go "RAAAAASHIIIDOOOOOOOO"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Help Im Alive posted:

How does a company end up going broke when they've got Monster Hunter

Really, that's about it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

After not watching a USFIV match in a while, I am suddenly reminded how much I didn't like the in game commentator.

look fish will fry at this location and you'll like it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bhsman posted:

I kinda liked it \:shobon:/ It's the same voice actor, IIRC

Seth makes a mean fish filet then.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
How long do you think it takes for some of these top players to turn on SFV? Two major blowups? Four? 'cause while I don't think they're dishonest in their enjoyment, poo poo repeats itself every time a new big game comes out...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pomp posted:

What's the over/under on Chun getting nerfed instead of everyone else getting their beta phase depth back

+1 (cr.lp)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Sarchasm posted:

And that's great! But the years you've put into the series don't give anyone license to shitpost.

Complain, yes. And there's a lot to complain about, so take your pick! But this thread already has too much bullshit in response to bullshit.

You don't have to be positive, just don't be dumb.

I mean, do you really want people to not mock

Double Bill posted:

You mean this Sony-funded game doesn't work properly in a Microsoft ecosystem, I'm sure they're devastated

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Crayvex posted:

Does anyone actually talk about the game any more? What am I supposed to do against Karin as Birdie? I feel like I can't press any buttons.

I don't have much experience as Karin or any as Birdie, but if you mean on defense...well, you're kinda screwed. Birdie has quite bad options to avoid taking pressure (V-Reversal and tech roll a lot). You do outrange Karin though, so use that range to bully her.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Microwaves Mom posted:

Cool, also what the hell is the shimmy? I keep missing it when they talk about it so I haven't seen it and its not in the terminology guide.

It's making them block a normal, walking forward as if you were going for a throw, then walking backwards so their throw tech attempt whiffs and you can punish it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/FluxedOver/status/711682739985059840

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

alex has been cut for a new character. evil rashid

legit more interesting than alex tho

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Commissar Ken posted:

OH HO HO HO HO HO

Now you're just lying.

I mean, bad posting aside, I never got the appeal of Alex and he is yet another hybrid grappler that's gonna jump at you and run a flowchart afterwards, so I'm not stoked at all for him.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
just give jazzy nyc to ken/the nyc stage then

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Well tbf, you also like Chun-Li. To give some possible insight his stomp and elbow were cool and part of what made him unique because it gave him ways to get in without having to make most of his offense wading through bullshit. Of course, that's the concept, it didn't end up being that way in any game he's ever been in, but maybe it could've been. Oh wait, he doesn't have the stomp which allowed for dirty shenanigans and were fun, his elbow which you would've thought was a gimme isn't there either, and his cool supers aren't there aside from stungun headbutt which is now a lovely special that's not gonna be anywhere near as cool as the actual move and his V stuff sounds rear end and boring.

Also from an aesthetic sense he just has like a really simple look. He's huge, wears overalls & boots, and has a cool voice that makes him sounds like he's from brooklyn and not another huge muscleman. Too bad he's now just the latter though with gross looking ripped jeans and a dumb face.

It's not so much me liking Chun as it is Chun being the only character that kinda sorta fits my playstyle. I like Karin better, to be honest.

And I lied, I kinda get why people liked Alex in 3S, but I really would rather see everyone else in that DLC list make it in before Alex because his basic gameplan is already there on other characters. Meanwhile we could really use a Guile, Urien or even Juri.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
also I just remembered Ibuki is on the Season 1 list and she's either gonna be complete trash or terrifying, considering how this game works

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

I mean there's no vortex in this game, so yeah she's gonna have to be p different.

Plenty of stupid 50/50 resets tho, and depending on how kunais are implemented, they could allow for tech-reactable mixups like in USF4.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Commissar Ken posted:

Whaaaaa? SFV's Zangief theme is waaay better than IVs. You're having a case of the Liam opinions right now.

Nope, he's right, SFV Gief theme is not as good as 4's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mango sentinel posted:

I have not remembered a single fighting game Stage/Character Theme since CvS2

Alex V-skill gonna be homing stomp. V-Trigger is gonna be Stun Gun Headbutt.

We already know what his V-Shits are. His taunt and an armored clothesline.