Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

fozzy fosbourne posted:

is one of you bananaken? :crossarms:

it's me i'm fruityryu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Cat Machine posted:

It has the demo but it was hard to see that you're supposed to walk forward for a split-second before doing f.MP since that move moves Rashid forward before it comes out anyway

Ryu has one of these too and idk how newer players are gonna figure it out since there's no input display on the demo

CC st.hk, MICROSHIMMY st.hp VT b+hk into stuff

If you don't walk forward Ryu is too far for early frames of b+hk to connect

I guess I got fight money but these are really dumb

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

hiddenriverninja posted:

You can watch the demo and see the walk happening?

i'm glad you have faith that new players are going to be able to see a 3f walk

meanwhile i hope you are having a better luck finishing that chun li #10 trial

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

interrodactyl posted:

Ryu has one of these too and idk how newer players are gonna figure it out since there's no input display on the demo

CC st.hk, MICROSHIMMY st.hp VT b+hk into stuff

If you don't walk forward Ryu is too far for early frames of b+hk to connect

I guess I got fight money but these are really dumb

hiddenriverninja posted:

You can watch the demo and see the walk happening?

Renoistic posted:

Ryu's challenge 10. I can't get the Axe kick to connect on time. Tips?

hmmmmm hmmmm

hhhjnmmmn

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

enojy posted:

I'm newish and I caught it in the demo, but only after whiffing the first hit of b.HK like 50 times and watching the demo maybe 10 times to try and figure out how Ryu was so close at v-trigger. I also recalled some poo poo in USFIV's Challenge Mode being similarly sneaky in its instructions, so barring that, I'd have probably given up and said nope this isn't even possible. I'm glad it "teaches" stuff like this to you, but a hint or something (lil more detail in the combo sequence?) would be nice.

I agree with you I was making fun of the other guy

Well designed modern fightgames have things like input display during demos to help out with this stuff

I'm somehow still shocked at how badly capcom managed to botch SF5 features

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

inthesto posted:

When I tried to learn Melty Blood in 2007, combos went on for a loving eternity

After watching the linked video for about 30 seconds, yeah this is a completely different game from what I knew

i really hope you were playing react

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obr90dosOPY

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImsUQY1rLQ

fix the option selects capcom

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Zand posted:

it wasnt hitboxes it was that like in practice everything started off of a million 2a's and they were lows. this was the common complaint and I think the common retort from melty players was that shield beats 2a mash

Actually you can just masher bait with staggered strings

2aaaaa was too strong until mbaa though esp because America was trash garbage at the game too

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ixiggle posted:

You forgot the broken netcode. Alex looks cool though.

With the new rollback netcode, this is one of the best online systems in a fighting game to date.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Booyah- posted:

Is this ironic? I'd prefer sf4 netcode, though of course it would be best if they just fixed the obvious problem with their rollback.

SectumSempra posted:

Source your quotes

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Benson Cunningham posted:

So what's the consensus? Alex seems pretty garbage tier at the moment.

Garbage tier for a garbage game

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
This is why you should only play st claw and cvs2 claw

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
remove the option selects capcom

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

For as much as America whines about Japan "hiding tech" they're bad at paying attention to the Tech Guys in Japan who pump out tons of poo poo.

maybe if you're lucky you'll get an invite to the TOP PLAYER DISCORD so you can grind arturo's training mode for him

Nodoze posted:

Proximity guard is a stupid thing

this is a dumb as hell statement

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
If fightgames don't have proximity block they need a block button, otherwise people will just walk away from attacks forever.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

darealkooky posted:

in games like SF5 with anemic normal ranges and no real ability to frametrap or string moves together sure

I can think of a bunch of characters/games where if someone tried to walk back while blocking they'd just get tagged by a low hit into combo

there's nothing wrong with proximity guard and im not saying it shouldn't be in SFV, but it's not a 100% fundamental law that all fighting games need to have

what's a 2d fighting game without prox block and no guard button

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

darealkooky posted:

i'm not saying it exists, i'm saying it wouldn't matter if it did if that game also had characters with threatening lows (like many do) b/c you'd just frame trap them all day until they stopped trying to hold back

although im pretty sure marvel 3 either doesn't have prox guard or it's so small it almost never comes up

oh boy

e: marvel 3 has proximity block but basically only very close

morridoom w large proximity block would own

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 2, 2016

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

akadajet posted:

Need some help. I'm trying to learn with Ryu. I'm not an experienced fighting game player by any means but I'm at the point where I'm winning against bronze level Ryu and Kens. However I get into a matchup with Zangief and can't do poo poo. Jump forward = insta dead. Move backwards I'm alive till I run out of space and the fucker catches me. Block and I'm dead because he grabs me and fucks my poo poo up. Any strats?

any chance you can record a replay of you losing to a gief?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
i like how everything on that roadmap that isn't ??? is stuff that should have just been in from launch

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

SFV owns; if you don't like it then maybe this game and its nine frames of imput lag isn't for you.

Unironically.

you might have a different opinion if you could play the game at a remotely competent level fwiw

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

Man, there have been a lot of :jerkbag:-worthy comments so far but this one is pretty good. :golfclap:

i would love to a replay

my guess is you just can't tell how bad the feel is

especially since you say it feels the same as sf4

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

Oh - don't you worry your cute little head - I'm pretty bad. That said, I'm sure if I were real good, I'd just be a shill to you instead of a scrub, not that I particularly care about what you think about me.

Not sure why you're so invested, either way; do you not like the idea of people enjoying stuff that you don't?

if you can't tell the difference in responsiveness idk what to say except that you're too bad to notice the impact

I don't care about you enjoying the game but when are you going to stop acting like you know about things you don't even understand

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
It's like someone trying to make a basket with a basketball and a medicine ball and going "lol I don't notice the difference"

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Did I do it wrong

Was I supposed to use a car analogy

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
some reversals like karin's leave the character crouching so some cc moves will whiff

he's showing what you can do instead of hitting st.HK with claw

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
4 frame punish: st.lk xx hp dp / mk tatsu (tatsu whiffs on crouchers)

your 5 frame go to punish for anything close:

st.mp, cr.hp xx hp dp / mk tatsu (cr.hp forces stand, so tatsu will never whiff)

DP / invul reversal punish combo:

crush counter st.hk , st.hk, s.lk xx hp dp / mk tatsu (doesn't work on karin)

you can practice defending against fireballs and jump-ins by recording a dummy ryu to randomly switch between throwing a fireball (try to neutral jump or parry it with ryu) and doing a jump in (try to DP it)

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Kawabata posted:

friend of mine was like "combos are much easier than sf4, jump in"

we play a bit, he has absolutely poo poo reflexes and I win most exchanges but whenever he does win them it's the typical "unleash the 12 hit phoenix skull death combo on his face" fighting game bullshit so I keep losing matches. it's like fighting games always need to have the most difficult execution otherwise non-nerds who only like footsies, zoning, mind-games, reaction to mini-animations etc might someday have a chance and boy we can't have that.

the following question is: do I want to be a good nerd and do the 3 frame combos hundreds of times in training, hours a day, like he does?

the answer, surprisingly, is yes! game is amazing, and the disappearance of the "you must be a virgin" 1 frame link stupid retarded bullshit might just have won me over.

Source your quotes

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Jack Trades posted:

Speaking of paying for stages. How much do I need to pay to remove the Training stage from the game?

why would you want to remove one of the stages that doesn't have framedrops and can actually maintain 60fps

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

A.o.D. posted:

I have framedrops on exactly zero stages.

tournaments run on ps4

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
you're required to random select stage and training stage is not part of random select

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Kof13 with all of its flaws is much better than SF5 will ever be

Play 98989898 it's the real god kof thanks

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

Not saying that view isn't valid - quite the opposite, as I've been making that qualifier every time I talk about this, but using this thread as a measure of SFV's popularity can be a little misleading; it's still the most intensely-negative place I've seen the game discussed.

This game is selling worse than SF4 did

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

This game isn't the first major fighting game to be released in a long time like SF4 as opposed to being released two years after SF4's last update. Not saying the game isn't selling relatively poorly, but that's a misleading comparison to make.

EDIT: Reminds me of that goon that tried to use SF2 as the baseline for all fighting game sales :lol:

it's selling worse than any edition of sf4

they also wanted 2 million by end of march

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

This game isn't the first major fighting game to be released in a long time like SF4 as opposed to being released two years after SF4's last update. Not saying the game isn't selling relatively poorly, but that's a misleading comparison to make.

EDIT: Reminds me of that goon that tried to use SF2 as the baseline for all fighting game sales :lol:

bhsman posted:

Yes, and?

Do you read your own posts

What other games would you like to compare the sales too

Not to mention your original point wasn't even about popularity but we can let that slide because you've done an extraordinarily poor job of arguing the merits of the game

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Guile looks dope I hope he isn't garbage

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

itskage posted:

Would the jumping LK even give you enough hitstun to do anything?

It's a stupid easy confirm to do j.lk st.lp cr.lp xx HP srk

And if you do it right it's really annoying to antiair

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I think you're misunderstanding. On the assumption that I've trained them to block on wakeup always after a command throw, what should I be doing to take advantage of this?

keep doing command throws until they stop trying to block

it's free damage

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
claw is an honorable and fair fighter in Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Dias posted:

oh

hey guys

could you, ahm, make it so that this game supports DirectInput as it should have from release date on PC?

no?

that's fine... :smith:

(I mean, you could at least acknowledge the issue, ArcSys is doing better community work for fuckin' MELTY "Been Dead For 10 Years" BLOOD)

https://github.com/dantarion/SF5DInput

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

A.o.D. posted:

How well does this work? Does it work? How well?

dantarion said this is the "works for me, i guess taht's convenient if it works for you" version