Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I think Sakura, Akuma, and Sagat will all make it in:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/mar/29/results-capcoms-street-fighter-favorite-characters-popularity-poll/

They might get the Ken/Nash/Vega/etc treatment though

It's weird to me that Q is so popular, though. Avalanche of votes from the fedora demographic?

Q was cool before neckbeards claimed the fedora for themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah. I'm pretty convinced that Sakura, Akuma and Sagat will make it in, and I'm okay with them being turned into basically entirely different characters like Nash\Vega\Mika\etc.

Although Sakura, Gouken and Sean all play really differently than Ryu\Ken\Akuma\Dan\Evil Ryu to the point where I barely consider them Shoto clones.

As mentioned, Q is like Robot Detective K, plus he's like some kind of Frankenstein monster who awkwardly stomps around and grunts and grumbles. He's creepy and mysterious and nobody knows what his deal is. Who or what is he? What does he want? It's probably best if they don't answer these things as that's a big part of his appeal. But it would be cool to see him again.

Akuma calls him "corpse" so I'm pretty sure he knows what's going on in there

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I played SFEX and I do not want Skullomania in the game

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Post the Cammy divekick

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The Birdie lie down in midair move

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

As does Guilty Gear

There's plenty of things to crap on SFV for but this is pretty standard

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Foodahn posted:

Jesus loving christ we get it. I don't particularly enjoy the game either, but you fuckers going on and on and on and on and on about how much you hate the game is tiresome as gently caress.

Please post more dante gifs or shut the gently caress up

Nah

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Zand is the worst character in the game

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

angel opportunity posted:

I'm still waiting to see if this game will be appealing to me. I'm just finding myself wanting to play Xrd at meetups and never drawn to playing this. Hoping some cool stuff will get discovered that kind of breaks the game :D

It would be really cool if fighting games in general could figure out online play. The matchmaking thing is a problem because in most genres of game your rank online actually does mean something, and the matchmaking helps you to get matched with people you should be playing against. In almost any fighting game, you are condemned to play against like 3-4 lovely/laggy people you'd rather not play at all before you get one match against someone good. Usually when that happens, you'd rather just add that player to your friends list and play long sets with him instead of trying to climb to a higher rank.

Even in "GOOD GAMES" like Xrd, the ranking system is totally worthless and no one uses it.

I had SF4 on PS3 and PC, which had worthless ranking systems. I had a perception that the Xbox Live ranked mode for SF4 may actually have been close to decent ranked play, but I'm guessing it really wasn't? I just tended to see top players with high ranks and get matched with other good players with somewhat high frequency.

Well, looking at the top ranks now for SFV shows a lot of top players at the top of the charts from all over the world including Arturo, Poongko, Mago, etc. It's just that even if you watch those guys they get matched up against half a dozen dudes who they honestly have no business fighting for every match which is even a halfway decent challenge for them.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Kawabata posted:

I haven't checked yet, but please don't tell me this game, on top of having a poo poo roster, terrible menus and appalling connectivity issues also has the same issue SF4 had at the beginning where you can just quit and gently caress the other guy. Please.

Buddy I got bad news for ya

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ixiggle posted:

Only the strongest of warriors can defeat necalli.

Devour our our your jumpins

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

teagone posted:

Tough poo poo? Bitching about the game won't magically make it any better.

Ironically proven true by SFxT's beta run through release

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Being bad at a game is just about the worst reason to quit playing it

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Agoat posted:

What a hurtful statement. Why would you say that? I worked really hard on the OP.

Just like how games can be fun but not good, it's possible for one to work really hard on something and not produce anything good, hth

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Someone needs to adapt the 48 Killing Arts of Yoga for this brave new world of SFV

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Hydrocodone posted:

Dictator, Boxer, and Claw came about because of the name swaps made for English versions, right? Or do all the characters have nicknames?

It's because of the name swaps, yeah, so that people wouldn't be confused when talking about, say, the Vega vs Balrog matchup. Some of the other characters do have nicknames in either Japan or US, though they're nowhere near as widespread as those three.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

It's because of the swaps.

Akuma/Gouki exempt for some reason.

It's because whether you say Akuma or Gouki there's only one possible guy you could mean. But, say, in my example up there, are you talking about Claw vs Boxer, or Dictator vs Claw?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Brosnan posted:

Gotta avoid all that confusion that comes when I talk to my Japanese friends about Street Fighter which definitely happens all the time.

:same:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Sarchasm posted:

Same, but without the sarcasm.

Denying yourself isn't healthy man

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

ChocNitty posted:

Justin Wong's streaming on Twitch.

wooooooooooongnation

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

rip in pepperonis WORLD'S BEST FANG

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ag Bengip posted:

Not sure, but it's bad. He should just be Daigo Umehara IMO

Diego Umejuarez is still the best Umehara nickname

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

He's been The Beast since before he was known in America, I'm pretty sure.

Can you find me a quote, because everywhere I look in JP (and in my memory) "The Beast" is seen as a purely western invention

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

"The Beast" is really a terrible nickname for him. "The Machine" would be a hell of a lot better because a good amount of his success stems from his uncanny ability to basically shut off his emotions and stay cool and relaxed. That, and he's really good at analyzing his opponents and thinking up counter strategies really fast.

On the flip side, you have "Murderface" Tokido which actually makes sense because well... he has a murder face.

The Machine is Poongko's nickname though.

Which also doesn't really make sense since he's a very emotional player.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

What's funny is when I was thinking of someone who should be called the Beast, Poongko is the guy who came to mind as he's wild and crazy.

Basically Daigo and Poongko need to switch nicknames. Maybe it's like how M. Bison, Vega and Balrog shuffled names around when they came here. I like to think it's that.

Umehara Daigo and Lee "Poongrim 'Poongko' Kkoma" Chun-gon need to sit down for a game of poker is what you're saying

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

I can't remember what that's from, but yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9KvRDaIpbs&t=462s

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Siva68 posted:

I tried asking in the fighting thread and didn't get a response, so I'll try one more time in here instead.

So after a long time I'm looking to get a stick, I was looking at the TE2 and that seems to be sold out everywhere. Is the TES+ just as good, or is there a reason to hold out and hunt down a TE2? Or are there even better sticks that I'm not aware of?

In terms of stick lag Teyah (of https://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html) said that the TE2+ was way better than the TES+, which in turn was better than the old TE2. This is milliseconds level talk here though so you only have to care about it if everything else (including price) is equal in your mind.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

i have one of the newest old te2 models (the chun li sfv one) and its really nice. does anyone know if it has the thin plexi that people complained about or the thick plexi that people like? i've never used another te2 and as far as i can tell its super sturdy with no give at all but some people were saying te2's had flimsy top panels.

TE2+ has the thick plexi.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Don't worry bhsman, once Revelator comes up for preorder on the PS store Bebop will slither away into that dark corner of the forums and plague you no more

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Is this your way of telling me you bought me a PS4.

I saw into the future and bought a PS4 in preparation for the sequel to Sign way back in 2014, bruv

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

The worst thing about lobbies is when some no-name guy comes in with a 2-bar connection, instantly uses the "Let's have a great match!" line and never leaves. You can't kick them because of the no-name bug and the only time I can host a lobby is when someone else leaves theirs.

Why do these people not understand basic latency.

Welcome to online matchmaking

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

Makes the game more fun and Street Fighter feeling to me instead of some weird Capcom attempt at a Mortal Kombat game with horrible feeling slow buttons and automatic combos. Shrug!

Wat

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

inthesto posted:

Hold up a second, are you saying that none of Alex's supers are returning

What is this malarckey

Seriously all his super arts were awesome and they're using none of them

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I wonder if Capcom will keep Alex's front/back sensitive grabs

Hahahahahahahahahaha

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It's basically a reskinned version of Birdie's chain dive grab except with the look of a stungun headbutt

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

And can be avoided by dashing forward

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Why should he stop talking about it when it hasn't been fixed

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

teagone posted:

You're right, continue the parade of bitching because it'll surely fix the problem if you do it a thousand times. Everything works fine on my end, mostly. The one issue I've been having is a weird FPS dip on the win/lose/celebration screen and during Gief's super animation.

I'm glad everything works fine for you but that is not the case for other people and they should not be barred from venting their frustrations because you personally do not enjoy seeing it

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Arzachel posted:

People bitching about the same things every page should be called out for it because that poo poo is almost "Look at these random pics of hurtboxes not matching the model WAKE UP SHEEPLE" levels of dumb and I say that as someone who can't play the game at all unless I upgrade to Win 10.

Is it okay if I bitch about different things every page then

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Okay page 89, I'm gonna bitch about how Alex looks really bad (appearance wise, not moves/balance/whatever) and as someone who was really looking forward to Alex not only am I disappointed, I'm also kinda scared what they're gonna do to visually "upgrade" Urien

Call me when it's page 90 so I can bitch about something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

But cams said she was the worst character in the game