Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

dangerdoom volvo posted:

does the tutorial tell you about the shimmy meta

No, but when I first loaded up the tutorial the Ryu bot failed to demonstrate cross ups and just jumped around randomly missing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Speaking of cacpom making GBS threads the bed, just-take-a-look-a-this

http://www.displaylag.com/video-game-input-lag-database/

It's Forest... hooohhh my cod...

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Why do you do these things?

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 30, 2016

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Oh wait, you're actually serious.

Here you go:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I wasn't agreeing with that guy, guy. :(

The input lag for SFV is really bad but you can at least turn off all v sync for PC.

Sorry, I wasnt sure if you were serious. I dont know what's real anymore.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dracula Factory posted:

I think the game will sell decently eventually if they fix the issues and the pro tour keeps chugging along. I think the game has a lot of potential but who knows how it'll actually end up. I'm just glad that I have overwatch to look forward to, Blizzard seems to be among the most professional devs out there. And looking what they've done with the game and how they've communicated with players makes capcom look even more dogshit than it already does. Surely this game has japanese fans that are experiencing the same problems?

Blizzard is nothing compared to cacpom when it comes to removing asses.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

"My iron body is invincible so beware!"

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/715605570699595776/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

This seems extremely important.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

darealkooky posted:

one that has a big booty anime bae on it

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

I dont search 5 only because i don't want to wait 20 minutes between each match.

Even some 4's are as bad as other games 1's.

Ive had juttering occur on 5 bar connections, Ive had juttering occur against people who I play fightcade SF3 against flawlessly.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

http://shoryuken.com/2016/04/01/key-fighting-game-designer-leaves-capcom-for-snk-playmore/

Wellpp

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Fargin Icehole posted:

This game still poo poo?

Yes.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

There was a reply here, it's gone now. Here look at this dumb video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMxngzhI3ps

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 14, 2016

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Baal posted:

SFIV does not feel like SFV, fwiw

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Baal posted:

SFIV does not feel like SFV, fwiw

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

No, Street Fighter will never be nearly as popular if for the simple fact that DOTA2 barrier to entry is free to play + runs on any poo poo pc, while Street Fighter is free to play for $50 and barely runs on any pc. Also DOTA2 is being heavily backed by Steam, who have a "little" more money to throw around compared to on-the-verge-of-death Capcom.

Actually, it's 60 bucks!

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

So Guile's arms burst like Pop Eye's arms. That's... neat.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Street Fighter USA cartoon predicted Guile's V Skill.

(And Ken's face apparently)

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Booyah- posted:

get hype for the april update...by not playing!

I've been doing that even when the game is up.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj3B7Dy_xwI&t=53s

WTF was that?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

apple posted:

I think bebaloorpabopalo knows a good guide for the "Ken Howitzer"

I don't know, that sounds like it's for the ladies...

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

For the last 30 seconds of the match the opponent was not allowed to play the game. That's neat.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Double Bill posted:

But he did get to play, and did it wrong. It was pretty obvious that there was either a frametrap or throw reset for stun coming

Even not taking into account the throw at the end, that still seems like an absurdly high amount of time to sit there and eat sonic booms > punches.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Would you have been okay with it if the initial jumping throw punish did all that damage and stun in one hit and he reset into throw afterwards and got the stun that way

I'd rather have short, damaging combos than a 16 second sequence of a guy stringing together sonic booms.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Shiki Dan posted:

Actually, just play ST regardless.

...Should be the title of the thread.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I tried this in training mode after and I don't think you can do backdrop or super on dhalsim with a full v trigger.

Or that version bug still hasn't been fixed.

https://my.mixtape.moe/ujtswd.webm

Good loving God.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

I wonder why people who have a vested interest in the game's success have not mentioned a humongous flaw in the game

Max is starting to talk about it on twitter, but he's the only one of the big names who has mentioned this so far... actually maybe not according to earlier in the thread.

Don't worry about that though, here buy this lovely gamer chair.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 9, 2016

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Booyah- posted:

I don't think anyone knows if the input lag is fixable or not. Even with v-sync off it still has a frame of lag over sfiv and way more over others. I've seen it suggested that this is a problem with the unreal engine, but I have no idea.

I also can't see the tournament standard being "this console but with v-sync off," if that even becomes a menu option in either game.

Since wednesday night fights is on PC, I guess it would be cool if they made v-sync off their tournament standard.

Didn't Mike Z say it would take something like reconstructing the entire game for this problem to be fixed?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

SfV will deliver, in the form of a monkey's paw wish.

Alright monkey's paw, I want Urien and NO I don't want any ZOMBIE Urien, I don't want him to have a new, useless command throw to replace his chariot tackle, or his aegis reflector being a v-skill that reflects one projectile and then fizzles out

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Good.......Good....

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

dhamster posted:

"percieved lack of content"

I must have been just imagining things game is great with plenty of content everyone go buy it and the season pass post haste.

(can I get my check now)

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

WarEternal posted:

It's almost as if Pokémon is massively more popular than SF.

The WiiU isn't a very popular console.

SFV is on two platforms.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dias posted:

Super. He should play Super.

The 3DS version, so you can just map cannon sprite to a facebutton and do it the split second you leave the ground.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Boy I sure do love when a busted game holds out it's monthly update til the very last day to build hype for a boring character instead of trying to fix issues as quickly as possible.

KoF save us from this nightmare.

I don't know, KoF games don't exactly have a history of having great netcode.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Im almost disappointed her face isn't deformed and her hair doesn't look like licorice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013