Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

cams posted:

this is why not putting up the cash shop immediately was a huge mistake, cause you cannot give people free content then just take it away... there will be a significant negative reaction.

they really just need to go "ok those guys are all free thanks for your patience"

Yeah, at this point people have had them for long enough that it's going to piss people off. I could maybe understand if the free period was really short, but Alex has been available for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Goetta posted:

The actual gameplay is really fun, especially if you aren't trying to compare it to all the other SF games you have played.

I agree, I actually quite like SF5's actual fighting. I certainly prefer it to SF4, at any rate.

but i'm still probably not going to actually buy it for a while because £40-50 is asking way too much for a game that's blatantly not finished. I'll wait until the price is down and the game's actually feature complete.

it's kind of a shame really? because on the one hand, I do like the game so I don't want to see it fail, but on the other hand the general management of the game has been loving appalling and having it tank feels kinda deserved

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Definitely a game with very simple mechanics and inspired and interesting character design!

m8 don't be talking poo poo about melty's character design

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

Can't they just have both Direct Input and X Input options?

Yes, and so can everyone but loads of people get loving lazy about it and only have XInput which I wish games got nailed for more often, support both you useless fucks.

the fact that SF5 got lazy about it is monumentally retarded though when their own official hardware uses DirectInput

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

dangerdoom volvo posted:

What would you say to the people out there that have Street Fighter V, but may still be left wanting. Then seeing Injustice 2, a new Guilty Gear, a new King of Fighters, and a new Tekken on the way, and thinking about making the switch? Why should they be confident that you'll be able to turn it around?

MD: First off would be: please check out our cinematic story.

I thought this was a jokepost but no this is just a verbatim quote from the interview holy moly

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I really enjoy Urien's VA in this game. Mostly because I just worked out that he's saying "Heaven and Earth tremble!" during his super and that's kind of metal as gently caress

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Firstborn posted:

It's really too bad. It's the best stage.

I know, right? It's tragic that it interferes with the gameplay like that because that stage is so cool.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Pomp posted:

uh, yeah?!?

i like how this is a completely correct and sincere answer to that question

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

You can literally hop on Fightcade and play random people from all over the world at most times of day in a ton of old rear end games.

It's not hard.

Yeah, I don't get the idea that Fightcade is so much effort because I have no difficulty getting matches in Super Turbo at all at basically any time of the day.

like seriously just pick a random bum with an acceptable ping and shoot them a challenge, if that's a step too much for you then lol

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

nickmeister posted:

I have never used fightcade in my life or bothered to try

Cool man, thanks for sharing.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

You know, while everyone's being negative about SF5 I have at least one nice thing to say which is that I genuinely think the game's got a pretty good soundtrack.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Evil Canadian posted:

I don't necessarily care for those who go crazy on the negativity, but those who hate the game vehemently while still playing it are out and out mentally ill, so good job not being one of those :)

But does criticizing it for its flaws but still liking it and playing it make one also out and out mentally ill? Or only half? A quarter?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Dracula Factory posted:

I think the need for sticks is a problem, theyre expensive as hell and used for a tiny number of games. If I wanted to play revelator, I would have to buy a ps4, the game, and a big ol stick on top of that that I would only use for GG. Say what you will about MKX but at least its totally playable with controllers, which I think is a big deal. Maybe the same could be said for smash, though you still have to buy an extra controller these days.

you entirely don't need a stick for any fighting game at all, really

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

revelator is a 4 button game lol

does dust not count as a button because it's totally a button

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Dracula Factory posted:

Most people at tourneys play on stick for a reason,

and that reason is because a lot of people have been playing fighting games for quite a while back when fighting games belonged in arcades and stick was the only method of control so they got used to that poo poo

meanwhile, a game series like Tekken which is predominantly popular on consoles seems to have a lot of pad players, apart from Koreans who normally play on stick because they too, play in arcades

Maybe people actually just use what they're used to rather than any inherent superiority of a control method.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

MK9 and Skullgirls are the two that that come to mind.
Not sure if Skullgirls still has infinities or not but it used to when I played it.
MK9 is infinite central though and they have NOT been patched out.

Skullgirls has combo breakers?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

a life less posted:

I taught my dog how to hadoken. For shits and giggles. She is a good dog. And better at SFV than I am.

Better quality/with sound (and an "oh poo poo"): https://www.facebook.com/CohenTheAustralianShepherd/videos/1765370970416944/

that's loving amazing

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

i just bought on the game on PC tell me how dumb I am thanks

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Have you played Fighting Games before?

If No, then you'll probably have a reasonable amount of fun.
If Yes, then I'm sorry you bought this.

i have played many a fighting game

e: lol i might need to use joy2key to get my ps2 to usb controller to work with this game, awesome

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Sep 23, 2016

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

cool timing on the game getting a malware update literally as soon as I bought the bastard

That said, I've been enjoying the game so far. I kind of enjoy the game in spite of itself mind you and not necessarily because of it.

why are all the characters and colours and stages and content locked behind this retarded fight money thing ajhgsdjkgksdjg

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

lol goddamn nice clipping

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

by the way someone hit me up with a link to the goon fighting discord or something, I kinda wanna fight somepeople sometime

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm sad that I actually know the video you're talking about

i mean it only has like a million and a half views it's not exactly an obscure video

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

but it has counterplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjSoeioRrY4

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I generally like watching Excellent Adventures, he seems like a nice guy when he's just having fun and being goofy.

but then he does things that I just think are...questionable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGowLrC673Y

http://www.riseupinranked.com/

dude nice I can pay $100 a loving month to be told why I'm poo poo from gootecks, what a deal

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

ryu can pull similar poo poo with jumping short, I believe? I had a friend use it on me like maybe 3 days after the game's release and I was really really confused so I asked him "did that hit in the back but land in the front" and he just looked at me with a grin and said "Yeeeep, that's the cheap poo poo alright".

he's much better at street fighter than me

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Which one of you is this?

Everyone I lose to is using *lists a third of the cast*

i dunno why this is the part I zero in on but it is

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Cool beans. I'm not stopping anyone from giving an actual answer.

yes, but you are kind of aggressively and constantly threadshitting.

We get it, you don't like the video game. I don't even think it's great either, but jfc man give it a break.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

holy poo poo that's bad

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

The people getting it at using turbo sticks and leaving the game in training over night with match request on.

Don't you have to win to earn fight money

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I'm not sure I understand half the point of Kolin's V-trigger. It prevents the stun gauge from decreasing sure, but if she stuns the enemy, they freeze? In what way is that distinct from just being stunned, because without further context it reads like "if she stuns the enemy, she stuns the enemy" and it's like yeah but why is that different

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I like how in that video, presumably meant to promote the game, you can see the dude visibly struggling to get the move he wants a lot of the time.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Double Bill posted:

BIson had a sliver of yellow life left, which should be more than 1

He doesn't seem to have a sliver at all.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Yea theres literally a pixel of yellow life on Bisons side and nothing on Ibukis side.

No chip death is bad.

i had to lean like all the way into my monitor to see that poo poo, but so there is.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

proof that street fighter is anime

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

that would actually own and they should do it

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Trykt posted:

I don't know how to tell you this, so I'll just say it:

I was being completely sincere with my post. Calm it the gently caress down.

lmaoooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

at least he's honest lmao