Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I wonder if there'll be a DLC Sean with the nerfed skin colour in a later season. Maybe he can't fight because he has the Birdie flu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I don't know, he has the voice of a grown man in Laura's story

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

SF3 is supposedly set in 1999, and since Rashid is using a smartphone with fake-Twitter, SF5 can't be set any earlier than the late 00s, so he's at least a decade older in this than he was in SF3. :v:

As much as I love Rashid's Twitter feed, that loving smartphone/PDA/whatever can go straight to hell. Street Fighter V is supposed to be set between IV and III, so around 1996

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Men are from Thailand, women are from the United Kingdom

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Sarchasm posted:

We got the worst of all possible Lauras.

Nah, Diva Style Dogi Mixed is worse than rear end Window

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 25, 2016

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

cams posted:

i wish we had gotten gi top plus pants. gi top is rad.

The gi jacket owns. I can't wrap my head around the trousers, though.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I am excited for post-Shadaloo Sagat.

Didn't he leave Shadaloo between 2 and 4?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I'm reasonably certain gief can keep absorbing things with v-skill, hp and ex bear grab, even at zero health.

They're saying that the chip damage dealt by Mika's and Gief's V-skills should kill.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Ixiggle posted:

I really wish this game had more normalized blockstun/hitstun/hitstop like Xrd. I know all this poo poo is punishable and gently caress up anyway because I'm supposed to press the button at whatever arbitrary timing a certain move requires, and the buffer helps me punish as often as it gives me raw special moves. I know practice and playing more will help but it still feels janky and on purpose in terrible ways.

I think I'm with you, but how does Xrd normalise it?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

All attacks in GG series have one of 5 attack levels, going from 1-5 in previous works and 0-4 in Xrd (exactly the same, just numbering system changes). Attacks can have special properties on hit like launching or stagger or whatever, but for blocking, a level 0 attack will always cause 9 frames of normal blockstun, 7 frames of blockstun on instant block, 10 frames of blockstun on a faultless defense, etc, while a level 4 attack will always cause 18 frames of blockstun, 14 frames of blockstun on instant block, 20 frames on a faultless defense, etc. Therefore if you know the attack level of a move and how many active/recovery frames it has you will always know how much frame (dis)advantage it has on block.

e: For an example, Ramlethal has a move called Dauro that has (on the just frame version) attack level 3, 3 active frames, and 16 recovery frames. Assuming I block the first active frame, that means there are 18 frames of recovery, and since it's attack level 3 (where all attacks cause 16 frames of blockstun) I know that Ram is -2 when it's blocked, which by GG standards is safe since the pushback of the move is far enough that I can't grab her. However, if I instant block the attack, I know that it becomes -6 because level 3 attacks lose 4 frames of blockstun on instant block, and -6 is quite easy to punish.

More importantly, knowing attack level blockstun values allows you to suss out frame gaps in moves that cancel into/out of each other as well. A common chain blockstring that Elphelt likes to use is her far S into crouching HS. Far S is attack level 3, which again means it has 16 frames of blockstun, or 12 if I instant block. The startup of crouching HS is 18 frames, so armed with those values I can easily see that I would need a 1 frame move (or an invincible reversal) to interrupt her in between the two moves, and no such move exists in GG. But if I instant block, suddenly the gap between the moves becomes 6 frames (far S causes 12 frames of blockstun, crouching HS takes 18 frames to come out canceled as fast as possible from the far S) and so I only need a 5 frame move to interrupt, which is very feasible for many characters.

I'm not sure if SFV actually has something like this in place already or even if it needs it, but it's pretty cool and good in GG.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation!

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I had a dream last night where my friend (who is also Pomp's Romanian Skullgirls buddy) discovered a glitch in Street Fighter EX that cut Guile's charge timer by 18 frames. He used this to gently caress people up with walkup st. Jab xx Sonic Boom hit confirmed into cr. Fierce xx Flash Kick. Where I'm going with this is I can't wait for Rushdown Guile in Street Fighter V

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Faffel posted:

xbox 360 support

Speaking of this, do all Xinput PCBs work on Xbox 360, or is it only the other way round?

EDIT: Diego the Breast

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 2, 2016

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Looks more like an mk player imo

Please, Ronnie is clearly a Smash player

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Looking quite balanced so far, I'd say. Too bad they balanced it by nerfing fun.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

croutonZA posted:

Alex is just going to be his 3rd strike sprite with combofiend doing voice acting isn't it?

I hope so. Combofiend does have a very pleasant voice.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

Well the Balrog one matches up with his appearance in Bison's story

Those three shadaloo people that have unique outfits are probably future characters or something idk

I want all the uniform grunts as DLC TBH

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I bet someone beat me to this

Has there been any word on brand spanking new characters as DLC?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I hope they bring back Uncle Lee

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
It's neat as hell that Elephant's champagne bottle has a muzzle flash IMO

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Does the bit on the ground belong to her or is it a Zato puddle?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It's Zato doing Break The Law so she can be in proximity to do close Slash without the other characters hurtbox obscuring the view.

Oh, of course... distance sensitive buttons

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

Who gave Daigo the nickname Beast?

Not sure, but it's bad. He should just be Daigo Umehara IMO

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Diego Umejuarez is still the best Umehara nickname

poo poo, that's good. I didn't know about that one.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Booyah- posted:

Art direction for Alex is real bad

His overalls were much better. He looks like Birdie from the waist down now.

EDIT: I guess that also has to do with the fact that he's much bulkier around the midsection now.

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 11, 2016

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

this game feels eerily over simplistic if you catch my drift?

If you mean what I think you mean, you expressed it well. I feel like the scope of meaningful possibilities in the game has a near-constant air of developer intent to it - not because they fine-tuned everything to fit their vision perfectly, but because they disabled a lot of tech they felt they couldn't fine-tune. While its modest pace and low damage make the game rather forgiving, the flow of a match still has a deterministic smell, since the correct direction to take at any given point has a tendency to present itself readily to the player.

The game is a lot of fun to play, IMO, but at this point high-level matches are less entertaining to watch than in Street Fighter IV. Maybe it'll feel less shallow once more content appears.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Have we discussed how Birdie apparently ran on foot from Thailand (I'm assuming that's where the Shadaloo base is) to India (as seen in R. Mika's prologue), then all the way through China and then, I guess, swam to Japan? No wonder he's hungry IMO

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Butyraceous posted:

wb the male characters all being sexy too? I mean, even the guy who is supposed to be fat has tight pecs and muscled arms, or is that a ~male power fantasy~?

The game is pretty equal opportunity in the 'gives weird people boners' category :shrug:

There's a reasonable practical justification for the big muscles in that they're fightmen who need to be strong. Also, I'm not sure I see the sex appeal in Birdie.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
You can argue with me if you want. I think they should add El Fuerte

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
In Brazil he's known as 'O Forch'

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Dias posted:

O Forte and also no please leave

now

I know and also he's great

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
The tendency is so obvious that the Ultimate Warrior predicted 26 years ago, at WrestleMania VI, that Alex will have lousy buttons

The Ultimate Warrior posted:

As you, Hulk Hogan, travel to... WrestleMania... by conventional means, the normals you travel with experience malfunctions. As you realize all that is left is total self-destruction, do you, Hulk Hogan, show self-pity? Do you, Hulk Hogan, try to reason why? Do you, Hulk Hogan, try and comfort the normals that have even more fear than you?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
In a way, your body is your muscle portfolio

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

bhsman posted:

https://twitter.com/Blupervillain/status/711729138248196097

(Go follow Diepod on Twitter/Tumblr, like, right now)

This animation looks super weird. It's like she's being yanked away with a lasso around her waist, or like it's playing in reverse or something.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
...I know, I'm just saying it looks odd

EDIT: I think it's because there's not enough anticipation, she just kind of bends over and flies away

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 21, 2016

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Goodpart posted:

If Mika poses after the activation it's delayed. The rest is unknown to you

Isn't it that she points in the direction from which Nadeshiko will enter with one finger for instant and two for delayed?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Brosnan posted:

As long as we're getting hung up on people using dumb words, baiting a throw attempt is not "meta-game," it's part of the game.

You can't take away Internet people's opportunities to say 'meta', I think that'll cause their lungs to explode

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Dias posted:

Not to defend Capcom, but they're referring to the feature updates as just that, updates. It's not misleading, it's them putting in stuff that was missing from the game. Also yeah, your last paragraph is a given.

That Capcom UK video did call the update a 'free DLC package', though

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I think the worst is SFV's YOU WIN/YOU LOSE font. It looks like ms-paint with rainbow gradient fill. Really really bad.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Hell yes, the return of 90s videojuego jazz fusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I still can't believe they gave Alex those Birdie fat guy legs