Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Well, I enjoyed the story mode. Looked and ran great on PC. Much more effort than I had expected; new stages, new characters, new music, etc.

Juri felt awesome to play, can't wait for her to release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Every other match will fail to record for me. Some do, and some don't.

Doesn't really matter since I'm forever waffling between bronze and super bronze anyway.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I like this game and I hope there's more DLC for it. :)

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean this thread is probably more negative about SF5 than anywhere else I've seen so that's not very surprising

I meanwhile still play this game on the reg and bought all the costume dlc. Shameful

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Street Fighter 4 was awesome, you guys are weird. I guess I just don't "get" fighting games. Maybe that's why I'm enjoying 5, too. Have to say I prefer being able to enjoy things.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh hell yeah, classic costumes and Bison's SF II stage.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So where is this new DLC package on Steam? I can only seem to buy the stage and two of the pro tour costumes piecemeal on the in game store.

edit: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...go-sale-future/ oh okay. I'm just gonna ignore these MK X flashbacks I'm having here

man nurse fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 16, 2016

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

your fault for playing on non tournament hardware.

It looks and plays like gangbusters on PC. Couch and online play are all I care about, I'm no tourney fighter. Figured I'd be safe this time around since the title is cross play, they'd have to keep the two versions in parity.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Happily eating poo poo online in the new Cammy costume

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

cams posted:

this thread is worse than sfv

it's really bad

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm going to main Juri even though I'll probably be even worse than how I've been maining Cammy. Forever scrub.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Had some great matches this morning, I think I'm starting to learn how to read and punish certain characters. Probably just dumb luck, but hell, this game is fun.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

teagone posted:

I'm such a massive scrublord hugbox fuccboi that I don't find the input delay bothersome. Great if Capcom eventually removes that delay, but even with the knowledge that there are 8 FRAMES of input lag, I've never found it to be an issue or detriment to my having fun when playing the game.

I'm in the same boat as being too scrub to know any better. I'm enjoy the game, and to add to my mental illness, I can't wait to buy Juri and the new costumes.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Pretty excited to come home tonight and start maining Juri.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Weremacht posted:

lmao

the update makes sfv crash at launch

lmaooooooooooooo

There goes my plans for the night :(

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah, I'm not getting crashes on steam. Booted up, bought stuff, played online just fine.

Boy howdy do I suck as Juri in this though. She's way different from SF 4.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

bromplicated posted:

I really want to play a fighting game though, but all I have is PC. Is Xrd the best game for that now?

edit: how do you even say Xrd

It's pronounced "anime"

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Fargin Icehole posted:

Okay, NOW is this game good?

Matchmaking is fixed, and there's more characters/costumes/stages. If it wasn't good before, it won't be now.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Beat a Japanese Birdie two times in a row then had a Zangief ragequit on me when I got a perfect KO on him. Good Street Fighter 5 night.

Count me in on the "Imma play this until Tekken 7 hits PC" crowd.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Hell Yeah posted:

a guy in a casual match ragequit on me today. we had a 5 bar connection too.

what a poo poo game!!! rear end!!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm surprised by

New environmental stage KO’s will be added for the list of stages below. If you loved blasting other players through doors and dropping bowls of noodles on their heads, just wait until you see what we have in store with this update.

Shadaloo Base
Hillside Plaza
Underground Arena
Forgotten Waterfall
Union Station
Kanzuki Estate
City in Chaos
Apprentice Alley
Lair of the Four Kings

wasn't expecting them to salvage that work

Owns.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm excited for season 2 of street fighter 5.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Can't log into the servers lol. Good

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm playing this on PC and have not noticed any egregious load times, so

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

cams posted:

who are the sfv defenders in this thread

I like game

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

BOOOM! That's how you you start the fight and finish it quickly!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Online has now devolved into me playing novice Ryu players who don't want to rematch, or Akumas who are leagues higher than me who stomp my poo poo in and I don't want to rematch.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm in that unfortunate sweet spot where I'm significantly better at the game than any of my friends so they lose interest quick, but I'm not good enough to chop it up online so I'm forever waffling between bronze and super bronze.

And yet I love this game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

pissdude posted:

maybe you are the novice

I can definitely confirm this. I'm as scrub as they come, but juuuust scrub enough to win every 1 out of 3 matches or so.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm a retarded rear end in a top hat and will probably buy new street fighter 2 as well as continue to play and support street fighter 5

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Doggir posted:

same friend
*throws money away to get costumes*

I've bought all of them

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

Leaked screenshots of SFV Cody and Guy.

Doubt it's real, but looks cool anyway.

Played some matches this morning. Status: still like this game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Just played a pink Guile by the name of President_Trump. He got a perfect K.O.

I feel there's some allegories to be made here.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It's like what's going to happen to my healthcare playing out in realtime.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Please be excited

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I've been watching replays of some of the top ranked fighters, and they always fight on the mother flippin' grid. Why don't these pros want to fight in more interesting locations

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I still like this game and I'm excited for Helen, the next DLC character.

Edit: I'm also going to buy her alternate costumes.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I'm not sure I understand half the point of Kolin's V-trigger. It prevents the stun gauge from decreasing sure, but if she stuns the enemy, they freeze? In what way is that distinct from just being stunned, because without further context it reads like "if she stuns the enemy, she stuns the enemy" and it's like yeah but why is that different

It's probably just aesthetic.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This game and the season pass content are on sale on PS4 currently, for anyone interested, which going by this thread probably isn't anyone.

I still like this game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ADTerminal posted:

drat master league here i come

At what level is he playing!?