Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

Im hype to rise up for sfvi where elderly ryu is immobile and chair bound and every button is a crushcounter with his grabber tool

That doesn’t sound too different from sfv ryu tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Savage For The Winjun posted:

I've gotta say the game feels pretty good these days... anyone else having fun or is everyone still sipping on the haterade?

I think the latter half of the season 3 dlc is really fun. Sakura, Blanka and Falke have a bad case of SFV tho.

G is really fun and I’d say the game overall is more interesting than Fighterz.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

Does any character have an air special that works on neutral or back jump yet?

Falke lol

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Savage For The Winjun posted:

drat so much hate for sakura Chan. Y'all gotta remember she was rear end in sf4 vanilla too! She doesn't do much damage anymore but I'll be damned if she can't stun most of the cast in 2 touches

It was cool when people went back to vanilla years later and found ridiculous tech characters like Cammy and Gen could do.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

b_d posted:

Ken is cool. You can unlock a story costume by doing the character stories but those are like 3 to 4 fights long. you can also unlock colors extremely slowly by doing the interminable survival mode

It should be mentioned character stories unlock the ability to purchase story costumes. $2 or 40,000 FM and they made sure fight money has infinitely more things to spend on exclusively now and infinitely less ways to earn the drat thing.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

b_d posted:

drat, was it always like that? that’s even worse than i remembered

Yep, only time story mode costumes were free were when they gave everyone ryu and chun-li’s costumes to make up for the fact that they needed over a month after launch to even get the store up lol

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, I know, it's just noticing something clicking. Like my natural way of playing the game seems to mesh well with this character, and I do better than usual. So it's not that I'm 'good' at him, and more that maybe I just sync up with how that character works.

Bison also happens to be really good in this game so I’d encourage you to keep learning him!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I am thankful for this image. It sums up SFV better than words ever could.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

mango sentinel posted:

It's absolutely iconic but the "power and history" bit is maybe a little overstated.

Akuma displaying ads on his back absolutely cannot be overstated.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Goodpart posted:

I'm sorry I ever paid money for this trashgarbage game

I forgive you, forums user Goodpart.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

capcom trying to change vega in any given patch is like the sideshow bob rake scene

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

darealkooky posted:

one of zekus many buffs is that instead of a crush counter into nothing his button that's +1 on stance change is now a real button that gets you a real combo if you happen to counterhit

IT hasn’t played enough sfv to know that they just universally nerfed crush counters without a second thought. So ryu’s completely useless s.HP received the same CC nerf that Abigail’s s.HP got.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

BGrifter posted:

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition doesn't include all the characters? :psyduck:

Sakura, Blanka, Falke, Cody, G, Sagat and Kage are not included, neither are any stages added as DLC any time after vanilla V’s launch

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Astrochicken posted:

Everyone say 1 good thing about SFV.

I'll start. Fang is a great character.

Rashid, Kolin, Ed, Abigail, Menat, Zeku and G are really cool and fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

LeninVS posted:

Can't believe I have to benchmark against a 5 year old game.

Anyone have suggestions on who I should try and main?

My execution is "okay", in sf4 I mained balrog with a pocket Eryu and Honda.
I think I liked the explosiveness of Eryu if you landed a mk fireball FADC.
I liked the footsies of balrog/Honda.

I'm trying to learn kage, and Im not disliking it. But I feel like something is missing.
I think I just miss FADC in some sick way.

I really like Gill’s V-Trigger combos.

The curtain falls!