Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I just bought this game yesterday, with a hopeful gleam in my eye, maybe this will be the fighting game I get into. I guess I have to wait an indefinite amount of time, although I'm pretty sure that is just a bad word choice that is meant to mean, "Why bother continuously extending this by an hour? We pay this twitter man five bucks per tweet."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I can't connect to online for some reason, I boot the game, it automatically goes to offline mode, then when I click the button to try to log in, it just fails.

It was working last night, the only difference being I added that xinput thing so I could also use my ps4 controller for local versus.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Renoistic posted:

I have only 4 gigs of RAM and the game runs fine. Sometimes I notice some slowdown during intros and celebrations, but the fights are butter smooth.

Yeah what the heck is up with that? What about the intro and exits causes the game to tank down to around 40 fps?

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I'm having fun learning Dhalsim, I've actually been winning about half of the matches I go into in casual. That's better than the none I was winning a week ago!

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Whoever actualdad420 is, I appreciate that you take the time out of kicking my rear end mercilessly to spam crouch together in a macabre bonding moment.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Orv posted:

Well, in a way yeah.

Them pecks!

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

At first I had done easy and normal survival with Dhalsim and it was stupid easy just spamming hp mk hp mk hp mk over and over, they all fell for it except for a select few, but I still did it in one try. I almost did it with Karin but died to Bison.

Funnily enough I prefer color 3 with Dhalsim anyway, he looks dead as heck.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I'm really bad and can't get my super to come out consistently. I also can't do inputs fast enough to do most of the combos Dhalsim has, especially the one where you jump and almost instantly teleport so you're just high enough in the air for a jumping hp.

It also seems like c hk + b mk + m yoga flame doesn't combo like all the combo videos/lists say it does, people always manage to block it. Is this just because I'm not inputting fast enough?

Will a fight stick help me input more accurately and faster? I know the motions for moves, but they mostly whiff, I even whiff yoga fire/flame sometimes.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Brosnan posted:

Practice Mode will.

I have been doing that, I know how to do the inputs, it just feels like the controller is really imprecise when I'm trying to mash poo poo out. Basically what I'm asking is, does a stick make that more precise or is it all a matter of practice?

Because I just don't know how you can do a Z shape within moments after jumping.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

hiddenriverninja posted:

I caved and bought the season pass because grinding at work is still grinding (and is actually much easier)

deadly_pudding posted:

This is an astoundingly dangerous idea that's gonna fester in my mind for the rest of my life :v:

Thanks for helping me justify video games purchases.

Seriously what the gently caress, I rationalize a lot of stuff I do how have I never thought of this?

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Can Dhalsim just wake up teleport backwards? Is that really a thing? Is the only way to beat it to grab it on the first frame that it comes out, or hope you have something fast and far reaching that punishes it?

https://a.pomf.cat/hvyaqd.webm

I did not know this, thank you for teaching me a thing that you hate

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

As Dhalsim, the hardest matchups for me are Ryu's and Ken's, but that is also because I still get tricked by wake up shoryukin, but I'm starting to easily block and punish that. Something clicked today, and I actually won 7 times in a row and went up to bronze from 0LP.

I bet people who see my win streak are thinking "ugh, a rage quitter.", but I'm not :(

I fought a dude named Papa_geif, and he was a pretty fun gief player, he woulda won but I realized that I just had to stay really far away from him and won barely. How do you keep away from his running grab? I would hold back and still got caught, I'm guessing a jump/jump attack? It seemed to work a few times I did it, but is that punishable?

People also need to get better at punishing my teleport, I'm incredibly awful at covering it with a fireball and I deserve to be smacked in the face for it every time.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Commissar Ken posted:

You don't, you just take it and play the wakeup game. Tell all your Dhalsim friends.

...please?

That's basically what I did and still won :lol:

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Enkmar posted:

It really has to be said the direction they took the art in respects to male gaze is pretty gross and embarrassing. I would love some mods that give the cast normal clothes

go gently caress yourselves capcom

wb the male characters all being sexy too? I mean, even the guy who is supposed to be fat has tight pecs and muscled arms, or is that a ~male power fantasy~?

The game is pretty equal opportunity in the 'gives weird people boners' category :shrug:

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Double Bill posted:

I've had several matches that started out smooth but got warpy as gently caress in the 2nd/3rd rounds. Might not be lag switching, but I doubt they started randomly torrenting poo poo in the middle of the match either

It really feels like that if you have a laggy game, it switches who is experiencing rollback per round basis. I doubt that is true, but I've definitely noticed fights I've gotten where the fights went smooth, laggy, smooth, etc.

Also it feels like I've gotten way better with Dhalsim, but I still haven't taken up yoga fire into my arsenal. For some reason, I just always forget to use it, even when I'm doing a combo that would easily end with a yoga flame I 100% of the time forget all about it.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Seizure Robot posted:

Had my first draw in ranked today. We both lost points. I'm not too salty but what could be the reasoning behind that?

Gotten that once, both of us jumped and light jabbed at the exact same time so we both swatted each other out of the air and died.

I also got a time out draw, I have a feeling I'll never ever see that again, because what is the likelihood of two different characters's health being the same as the time ticked to 0 is insanely small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCdvdNx1lQ

Hitboxes are funny, and so are cinematic supers!

I mean it looks really loving awful that you teleported over there, but you heavy punched into her hurtbox and got got. Dhalsim can get smacked from his extended limbs.