Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Microwaves Mom posted:

Little disappointed its this early because we'll have some random probably win as no ones figured everything out yet, but hey at least it could be a new face! I just don't know if they're going to get murdered at CPT or not.

CWC is only a ranking event, not a premier one, so whoever wins doesn't automatically get a spot in the Capcom Cup, if that's what you meant. They just get a sizable chunk of CPT points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Goodpart posted:

It's a flagship game with lots of competition so even people that hate the game are playing the game with the intention of wanting to get good at it.

I laughed. "gently caress this horseshit game, but I'm still gonna get good at it."

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Goodpart posted:

literally everyone who was really good at sf4 loved sf4 right

Probably not. Unless you have a solid chance at getting that CPT tourney money, investing your free time into something you really dislike just seems funny to me is all :shrug:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

huge scrub hugbox

Welcome to ESPORTS.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pomp posted:

if we didn't play games we thought were bad nobody would play marvel

Nobody plays marvel though :confused:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

SFV solo tourney for CPT ranking points at Cannes Winter Clash is starting soon http://www.twitch.tv/gameline

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Golem II posted:

The people in this thread are horrible

I agree

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CVE posted:

Top 8 of Cannes Winter Clash (CPT Ranking event) coming up soon.

http://www.twitch.tv/gameline

Winners bracket:
FA|Ryan Hart (Ken) vs. Gootecks (R. Mika)
Mordesai (Vega) vs. Mister Crimson (Laura)

Losers bracket:
VSL|Myakyo (Vega) vs. Melty|Will2Pac (Laura, Nash)
FA|Big Bird (Ken) vs. BX3TPL|Phenom (Necalli, M. Bison)

Rip Kindevu.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

Anyone want a pic I took of Tampa bison riding an elephant

Why would you ask this instead of just posting it? lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

betterinsodapop posted:

After days of getting bodied as 'Gief, I finally ranked up to Bronze. I know this isn't a big deal, but it was pretty great to also knock a Ken down a rank in doing so.

It's the little things.

Gratz!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I'd like to see like an old wizened female akuma/gouken type lady. Can't think of a fighting game that's had a woman fill that archetype yet.

Has there been?

A character with the design aesthetic of Jade Fox from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon along with a a staff and a moveset similar to Rolento would be cool.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

In my 4th attempt at hard mode survival with Chun I made it to level 34 and then the Birdie CPU just destroyed me. gently caress this grind. Hard. Right up the butthole.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I've seen people mention they can option select the ender of chun's bnb by putting a forward in the middle of the the sbk or using a tk motion. So you get the sbk if you have enough charge and legs if you don't. Does anyone here do that? What do the inputs look like in training?

I wish I was competent enough to pull this off, lmao.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pomp posted:

it will be boring and people will defend it because sfv is ESPORTS.

Fixed that for you.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

cams posted:

i am too stupid to understand that this game is bad

This is me also. I genuinely enjoy both getting bodied like the scrub that I am at this game and watching it be played at high level.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

What a bunch of loving nerds in here.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Srice posted:

If you think that a game series has been complete garbage for that long then why would you even bother past a certain point, outside of some weird brokebrains obsession

It's because

teagone posted:

loving nerds

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zand posted:

believe it or not, there may be more to discussing in the sf series beyond simple questions like "is the game good? do you like the game?"

Which is why you and a few others are discussing things that go beyond "this game is poo poo, look at this garbage here's a video or image with no text showing my disdain" right? Lmao.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

zand really is putting too much effort into explaining in a reasonable manner his complaints and motivations to people who dont care or understand. just shitpost my dude

Uhh, he said he's not really doing anything else. CAN'T YOU READ.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sorry for the following derail. I love Red Letter Media and agree with their opinions most of the time; their poo poo is funny. But their Man of Steel review really just echoes the same criticism that perpetuates the myopic view of "Not-My-Superman" that almost everyone who didn't like the film falls towards. It doesn't come off as criticism really, it comes off more as bitching and complaining. Just because Man of Steel didn't depict their ideal version of the character doesn't make it a bad or terrible film, but most reviewers can't seem to get past that and call bullshit because Clark apparently has no regard for human life in the movie.

teagone fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 5, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

If you love this game so much I figure you could make an actual argument instead of just being disingenuous as gently caress, quoting people who aren't me, and just straight making poo poo up.

lmao

General Morden posted:

but you're also contributing to the garbage fire with posts like these though

Dumpster fires tend to attract idiots, so whatever... I guess. We're all idiots is what I'm saying.

teagone fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 5, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I think we can decide whose argument wins or loses in this thread just by the level of irritability in the post.

The people who enjoy this game seem pretty chill to me. Then again, people who enjoy this game are likely hugbox scrubs or whatever Bebop called the majority of fighting game players prevalent on the forums these days lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zand posted:

but even in Austin a lot of people that played it played it begrudgingly.

From what I've been told, people in Austin do everything begrudgingly, so I'm not sure if that's a valid point.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

signalnoise posted:

Could be that people are upset not only that this game Isn't For Them but also that it's the one that people are going to be playing, so if they want to play actual people they have to play games they don't like

:O

Tough poo poo? Bitching about the game won't magically make it any better.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

Ironically proven true by SFxT's beta run through release

I've never played SFxT so I wouldn't know :)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Enkmar posted:

I hope this is some wild hyperbole but if you're serious the game really wasn't released in a great technical state, and it's still not in a great state. 100% feel like I wasted my money ordering this poo poo, I would have been happy to have waited a year until they fixed it.

Get a refund and then wait it out a year to see if the game is up to your specific standard. Problem solved?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Enkmar posted:

Sadly my very first session took me over the two hour limit. The second and third time I couldn't even play it because of technical issues

RIP

man nurse posted:

People should try and enjoy things a little more, when it comes to video games they are playing, imo

Buncha masochists in this thread, forcing themselves to play a game they despise and think is complete garbage but also think is fun. People are weird man. :psyduck:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

A big part of the reason why I'm mostly playing this lately is simply because of the sheer number of people playing. Even though the battle lounges are totally broken, I can still find a reasonably competent random European, or ask someone on my FL, pretty quickly.

Xrd is getting to the point where you need to ask IRC / Discord / FL to get any decent matches. Most randoms are honestly terrible and I don't like beating on them.

At one point I was trying to get matches of AC+r and any KoF game by just having them all open on my other monitor and waiting for a single person with a playable connection to join.

I'd play other games if there was anyone playing them, but it's just a chore finding people.

No locals for you?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gunder posted:

My friend was making fun of me for picking Ryu today, claiming: "Ryu has never been worse, he's awful in V". I know he's not top tier, but he seems perfectly fine to me. Where do you guys think he lands in the hierarchy?

Ryu owns, I'd put him top 5 at least tbh. Can't wait to see Daigo parries in CPT events :allears:

https://fat.gfycat.com/PaltryGlossyIbizanhound.webm

[edit] more daigo parry :circlefap:
https://giant.gfycat.com/AdolescentUnrulyHarlequinbug.webm

[edit 2] Holy poo poo that's big lmao

teagone fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 7, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Laura isn't real you guys.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwdNo5B7WwI

This was fun. I now want alternate v-triggers in an update, so Ryu can v-trigger into Evil Ryu. :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Moons just had one of the most insane comebacks with Dictator right now at NLBC. Holky gently caress that was nuts.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Magic Pixel comeback from NLBC last night

https://d1qugqs02rnrk6.cloudfront.net/8f206e82-371f-4c2f-8be1-69a35556d2c0.mp4

No chip kills can make things interesting, see? :haw:

teagone fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 10, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Quiz gave me Cammy. After exclusively playing with Chun since betas/launch, I've been playing Cammy for maybe a week or so now and she's starting to grow on me :tinfoil:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

God, fix these lovely lobbies already. I can't kick anyone without a name, I can't stop anyone outside Europe from joining, I can't host, I can't restrict certain ranks from joining (gold and above please). I'm about ready to dump this game and move back to Xrd until they fix everything.

We get it dude, lobbies are hosed up for you lmao. Most of your posts have been bitching about lobbies. We got it like the first 5 or 6 times.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

General Morden posted:

game is hosed up for everybody lmao.

Works fine for me :shrug: been getting in sets whenever I have the time just fine. Maybe I'm lucky. I do get the frustration from the grumpy old fucks though, but the repetition of your anguish ad nauseam gets real old.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

Why should he stop talking about it when it hasn't been fixed

You're right, continue the parade of bitching because it'll surely fix the problem if you do it a thousand times. Everything works fine on my end, mostly. The one issue I've been having is a weird FPS dip on the win/lose/celebration screen and during Gief's super animation.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Srice posted:

I have a decent enough rig that I don't get any FPS drops on the former but it has a noticeable dip with the latter.

Geif's super is too powerful to be contained by just any ol video card

I guess I'm ok with Gief's muscle power being too much for my GTX 970 to handle lmao.

Also for reference. I upgraded my CPU from an i3-4330 to an i5-4570 and I didn't see any real gain in performance. I notice it in Guild Wars 2 though, but this game really doesn't give a poo poo if you have an i5 or i7. The Core i3 is more than enough for anyone looking to buy/build a budget conscious rig to play this on PC.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

I'm glad everything works fine for you but that is not the case for other people and they should not be barred from venting their frustrations because you personally do not enjoy seeing it

Maybe Hobo should move to a new location so he can get better connections :colbert:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Baal posted:

You're right, Victorian Era England probably doesn't have a very good internet infrastructure

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

Is it okay if I bitch about different things every page then

I think every 5-10 or 10-15 pages has a good amount of space between periods of any kind of bitching to where it becomes innocuous. But I guess everyone is different :shrug: