Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Nitramster posted:

Can I get some experienced player feedback on gootecks "how to hold an arcadestick" tutorial? Starting around 8 minutes he goes over the right hand and I'd like a little feedback on how you all do it. Mainly he wants single buttons to be pressed with the pointer and middle finger together, and lp/lk mp/lk hp/hk buttons pushed together with 2 fingers rather than a thumb, or even across 1 finger.

Coming into SF5 I always assumed it would be, keep your fingers over each button ready to push at any moment, with your thumb ready to light kick.

(Oh btw I bought a Hori RAP4 Kai, my first stick :awesome:)

It doesn't really matter. I think the "pointer and middle finger" press is because he eventually wants to teach you to double-tap, but that's not important in this game. Don't worry too much about bad habits with how you use the stick, you'll continually adapt over time.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

In Training posted:

Is there anything Karin can do follow up st.HK when it crush counters. I messed around in training mode and couldn't figure out any options.

Like that video shows you can get another st. HK in, or sweep obviously. If you are point blank you can walk up s.HP or s.MP into whatever, with HP being a harder timing.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Evil Canadian posted:

So what does Karin say during her super anyway my ears kinda suck. I can only make out behold! the final attack.

神月流 奥義覇道六式 覇者の型

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Feb 25, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

You should probably cover the guren variations as well since they are all punishable.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I wish they would address the asymmetrical lag problem.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zand posted:

here's a better source than jmcrofts on footsies

http://sonichurricane.com/?p=691

For anyone who hasn't read it, this is really awesome and has tons of examples linked of pro matches illustrating the concepts. The full series is here: http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

street fighter V: yes, or no?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

OxMan posted:

Any place other than eventhub have written down strings anywhere? It's ok it's just sort of disorganized.

Bafael's guides are probably the most concise BnB guides right now. These should probably go in the op:

Youtube versions:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo3Zl2nq6CkBXf96ov1s4NZjN2KQ3MQZq

Written versions (also linked from the videos):
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B8nYBll9XJeOTURLTTJjeWg1amM

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Goodpart posted:

:v:

New Kuros (which are simply called Hayabusas or Falcons) loving own btw; the old Kuros are dead models.

how do they compare to sanwas?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zand posted:

did they patch the pc version to work with the official branded controllers yet

of course not

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

giogadi posted:

I entered as "Luis", because I didn't feel like spelling out my gamer tag in a loud bar.

I lost against a reeeeally solid Sim. I haven't played many Sims now that I think about it, but I just couldn't get in on him! I also learned a valuable lesson: button check thoroughly. Turned out my 3P and 3K buttons weren't bound 😞

I stayed around to play some casuals and it was a really great time. Any goons that are hesitant about going to their locals: just go! Doesn't matter if you're bad. Everyone was so nice and just happy to have more people around.

Another nice thing is I'm now like 20000x more motivated to get better.

That's awesome. From the stream it looks like there are some very strong Mika players there in the winners bracket. You might be able to get tips from them. I'm jealous you are that close to a big scene.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I think they said one character per month but I might be making that up

Also there's not really anything to base this on but you could maybe assume the characters are coming in the order in this picture

This is equally unsubstantiated but there are also rumors that Balrog is after Alex.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

They should add a Dark Stalkers character :pray:

one of the early concepts for FANG was "Yeti + Yak" which is about as close as we could have gotten to Sasquatch

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

interrodactyl posted:

should we do another one then

yes

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

shmicrowalk

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

OxMan posted:

Every name you've added to your cfn should be on your favorites list from which you can see what game mode someone is currently in.

it doesnt show if people are offline tho

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Sade posted:

Are you even playing this game? If not, why are you wasting your time in this thread? If so, why don't you play something you enjoy more?

[unreal tournament announcer voice]
M - M - M - M - MICRO WALK

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Mr Fixit posted:

I like the current balance of anti airs vs jump ins. They took away the universal options of invincible back dash, and focus attacks. So now you are forced to anti air or eat the pressure. The light button anti airs do very little damage, and reverse the pressure. That's a fair price to pay for the big fat jump in combo your opponent was attempting.

When "press jab butan" always works it feels dumb. Necalli's seems like a mistake but Chun and Sim's were clearly designed to have anti-air frames.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8vXYf8PYgc&t=53s

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I can confirm that random games on fightcade are hella fun even if you are garbage

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bhsman posted:

Does LI Joe's way of playing Nash do enough for you? At least until a legitimate one gets added?

that's not zoning dude....

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bhsman posted:

If there was a Potemkin thread on SA, would you shitpost in it and antagonize people for playing a bad character as well?

no, all posts about everything should be unfunny and praising, even if there are obvious flaws

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm really new to SFV/fighting games and I'm curious, what game is it most like in the series? I don't really have any experience with the others but I remember people saying it was a big change from 4?

its like 4 with a three frame input buffer, 5f throws, even stubbier hitboxes, and homogenized normals across most characters

and i still enjoy playing karin :q:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

I just lost on stage 49. FML.

dont ever play survival without a trainer. your life is too short to waste

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Art direction for Alex is real bad

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

What are successful numbers for a fighting game that's not Smash?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

I can jab him, but I don't get much out of that...

This is my sf5 experience

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I wonder how hard that is to replicate when a V-Trigger and V-Reversal happen at the same time.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

e: oops

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Gunder posted:

How much lag does using something like x360ce to make your ps4 stick work on PC introduce?

People around the internet claim it adds loads of lag, but they might be idiots, as they never mention the amount of lag, just that it was the reason they dropped their combo.

Nobody has tested it as far as I can tell, but I can't imagine it takes even close to a tenth of a frame (~1 millisecond). The types of inter-proccess communication involved are orders of magnitude faster than that.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

It's unlikely they even look at the scores, they aren't synched with your account the way fight money and unlocks are. If you reinstall the game none of your survival stats records will be there.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Hitbox overlays for all characters:

http://eish.deviantart.com/gallery/58172993/Street-Fighter-V-Hitboxes

Just be aware that these come from frametrapped, and there appear to be some differences from dantarions page which I trust more.

e.g.

There's absolutely no way the latter is a hitbox that exists in this game

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

giogadi posted:

I'm probably wrong, but I remember someone saying that the extra long yellow boxes that seem to extend from a lot of the characters' attacks are actually the block-box, where if the opponent is standing in that and holding back they'll enter the block animation.

I mean the hitbox that has no hurtbox on/in it. It's probably a bug in frametrapped. You're right that the long box is proximity block.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

dhamster posted:

People like to post long lists of bnb combos for characters, but as a complete beginner, how does one work on introducing that into gameplay? Lots of training mode? If so, which ones do people tend to work on first?

To add to whats been said, start with combos that work midscreen as well as in the corner, and have good corner carry if possible. What character are you trying to learn?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

cams posted:

i live in socal and i can't open a lobby without immediately getting a 5 bar opponent with a good connection

sry

wow, in the middle of nowhere and still getting a good connection? drat...

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Does anyone know the delay? 1 frame?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Even as a teenager who didn't know any better I remember seeing CFJ develop and experiencing major video-game disappointment anxiety as defined in the DSM.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Krad posted:

I lose way too much life by just blocking and walking, that's the problem. I did forget about chun's super, I'll have to practice that.

You really don't. 60~100 chip damage may seem like a lot for getting in against fireballs but it's basically the price you pay to get into the range where your character is better. The main problem is letting them out after you've closed that distance, which is why anti-airs are really important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Sarchasm posted:

The best way to practice this would be to make a Ryu dummy recording for each strength of fireball (LP, MP, HP, and EX) and set them all to play randomly. Then practice walking forward and neutral jumping and blocking until you close the gap.

Just remember to stop neutral jumping when you enter dragon punch range.

be sure to record some shimmys and micro-walks in there as well