Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
e: wrong thread

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you can learn about oki and other important fighting game terms by playing the sfvi tutorial, coming in 2021

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Count Bleck posted:

I am like 200% certain goons can't like video games even a little bit.

I like a lot of games, many of which are fighting games, such as Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-, Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code, Rivals of Aether, and Battlerite.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Disappointed voice clips on whiff are a good argument in favour of two-button throws

just make those voice clips play if you whiff an EX dp

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

man nurse posted:

Online has now devolved into me playing novice Ryu players who don't want to rematch, or Akumas who are leagues higher than me who stomp my poo poo in and I don't want to rematch.

you should rematch them anyway

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Don't Tread Ani Me

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
capcom makes plenty of good games, they just aren't fighting games.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

You wouldn't train, though. The only remotely tolerable anime world is that of Tatami Galaxy, wherein I'm a boring background character or maybe the guy with the realdoll

maybe you'd get to be a cool blond hair blue eyed foreigner

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
usf2 is going to be better than sfv

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

NecroMonster posted:

LTG isn't mentally well.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Astrochicken posted:

my most unsatisfying matches have been against tryhard braindead kens. like..seriously. mash dash mash.

its hosed up that someone would try hard in a fighting gmae

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jmcrofts posted:

Whatever game got me into fighting games is good and everything that came out after is poo poo. Fact.

Melty Blood, Guilty Gear XX, and Melee ftw

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you need down back it's because you don't have enough faith in your rushdown

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
thank you capcom for successfully making sexy blond business lady w/ glasses decidedly unsexy

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the S1 reversion bugs are so insane to me. why is the code even still in the game for S1 stuff

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you have someone cornered and they keep jumping out over you it might mean you're trying to get too close to them. Unless you're trying for specific set ups try bullying them a bit further away with longer range pokes. This makes jumping over you more difficult since they're more likely to just land on top of you and you can more easily antiair them. Of course this is harder in sfv than other games since "longer range pokes" are a luxury, but my point is to consider where you're standing in relation to your opponent more closely.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that actually does decent damage for no meter, but still lol its really really obvious that they just had no idea how to make it look good against other buttons

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That ryu is sick, pity it's fake and for SFV even if it were real

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Metrohunter posted:

dps being bad is good for me because i always pick characters who end up not having a dp so i cum a little when i see one whiff in front of my face and I know I'm going to remove 40% of someone's lifebar for it

this just means people will DP less and you won't have that opportunity

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

nickmeister posted:

How do I beat someone who blocks when I press buttons and presses buttons when I try to throw?

*whispered sensually* The Shimmy.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

cammys kicks are redic

We'll see how much good those kicks do against Zangief's counter

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
They somehow made Chun actually look older but the other ones are good. Especially Ryu.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dias posted:

I like all of those costumes. What the gently caress Capcom, someone hosed up, you're not supposed to make good things.

I also like Gootecks needling Mike Ross on Twitter about him instaswitching to Juri because of the Goth Girl costume.

That's clearly punk, not goth. Gootecks needs to get a god drat clue.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Pomp posted:

he's a trump supporter :shrug:

:whitewater:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ed is a cool name

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Keegers posted:

I would rather some teen that is full of angst than the buff male​ cammy.

yeah seriously.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
"Psycho Rising" is a cool name for a move and that's the nice thing I'll say about Ed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm eagerly anticipating the kotaku article in two months siting that video as proof of the degeneracy of the FGC

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Episode was hilarious and there was some weird casual racism but the street fighter part was great.

were the contestants like "of course they win at video games, they're ASIAN!!!" or something?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

dude probably had very little control over the project and likely even less over what he's allowed to say about it now

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Probably not most, mine certainly doesn't and I have a pretty nice stick. I mean I could open it up with like a screwdriver but it certainly doesn't have hinges.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
shes walking like she's in a marching band halftime show

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im actually shocked at how much negative press abigail seems to get, the dude has potemkin limbs and thats funny to me. i have zero interest in playing SFV but he's got a funny design and i'll take that over seeing another vet with a neutered moveset

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wait is gief doing 3 suplexes in his super? I thought it was just pushing the person deeper into the ground after the initial impact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if youre all that thirsty for sexy anime i have plenty of sites i could send you that dont involve playing a lovely game