Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Theres a 9 minute vesperarcade video just listing ryu nerfs between betas lol.

The first beta had higher damage and some interesting tech with a lot more potential links/combos. Then they took all that away.
Just watched it. Wow, thats some sick nerfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

is that how capcom made the game?
its how marn plays mika mirror match

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

They have screwed up Every Single Thing about this game besides the core gameplay, goodbye SF

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

boxcarhobo posted:

no but realize that there had been a long drought of new capcom fighting games before sf4 so the thirst level from the public at large was much higher for a fighting game

old heads still shat on it but i dont think the general consensus was as bad out the gate as it is for SFV, im probably mis-remembering how bad it actually was though
No you don't misremember, some people loved it, some hated it, but overall the vast majority were just happy to have another SF game to rally around and also to see the FG community grow. The issues with it were more of the normal kind of issues that every game has, like people having different opinions on play speed and balancing and random ultras, which is more palatable because being able to random ultra your way to a comeback victory is a lot easier to accept as being at least someone's cup of tea. And 1f links were very dumb but at least had one positive side of injecting another element of skill into the game. People would discuss on forums how 1f links were really loving dumb and way too hard to pull off, but they would also discuss and share techniques for how to pull it off and make videos on how to plink and poo poo, plus you could just pick any non-Rufus character and be fine without it. So at least there was no thing in SF4 that was objectively one-sidedly bad for the game.

While the poo poo going on with this game is just objectively bad and there's just no excuse for 8f input lag that isn't lessened during online play or no arcade mode or releasing a DLC timeline that's completely made up.

I mean SF4 had: an arcade mode, a good-enough online mode, no major technical issues, good graphics for the time, a at least fundamentally solid gameplay, and was released feature-complete.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 17, 2016

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The actual gently caress

hahahaha this is....

I mean, okay, it's so obvious that this game was shat out on a minimal budget and then on top of that released way too early. And if literally the only thing you have left to save your sinking ship is a cinematic story mode coming out then, yeah, yes, I would also hate my life and also shill it as hard as I can.

But what the actual gently caress with forcing you to play a 4 hour story mode on easy mode? I mean what the gently caress? There are things with this game that are explainable by budget and timeframe issues but then poo poo like this is bad decisions, how can you actually be so out of touch with your player base when you've made a major point out of staying IN touch with it through betas and community, you know what, gently caress, this game sucks, i'm going to try this out just hoping it's not as bad as it seems but if this interview is correct then gently caress This Game

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Double Bill posted:

Considering SFV is pretty much over I really wanted to look forward to KOF14, but why does it still look like this only 2 months from release: http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2016/jun/17/reynald-and-mr-kof-demo-king-fighters-14/
KOF14 has a huge amount of characters, making them in 3D is not cheap, making the trade-off between spending money on impressive graphics and spending money on a good game with lots of content isn't an easy choice but I would so much rather have this than less characters and better graphics. A pretty game is only pretty for a few years, a bad game is bad forever.

The only thing I can't stand with KOF14 is that ultra loli character in a fluffy childrens dress with electric attacks or whatever, I want to vomit, but then Iori unleashes his super move which causes his retina to rupture and turn his eyes red with blood i mean seriously you should get that poo poo checked man you're gonna lose an eye, and all is well again. Also a game with loli is a lot less embarrasing to play than a game with r mika so whatevs

Bisse fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 18, 2016

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Crown Face posted:

It's hard to say, because they took out like 80-90% of Ibuki's target combos as well as half of her special moves and her super jump. After seeing that, I can't see Urien and Juri keeping much of what made them interesting to people in the first place.
The only thing interesting with Urien was having a practically unparryable unblockable. I don't think he'll get to keep that.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

anime was right posted:

um what

lol

what
boring poo poo character that's what!!!!

(that just happens to be interesting at high level play due to having a skillset parts of which interacts interestingly with some engine quirks)

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

anime was right posted:

i still cant believe a pink shield that sits there is still one of the coolest supers of all time aesthetically
counterpoint:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Man breakers is such a cool and weird game. It is good poo poo. Play condor if you like winning

Main crime of SFV gameplay imho is as many said, characters have no room for experimentation or variety. Compare with USF4 where you had two ultras, most characters could be played safely or aggressively depending on your playstyle, you could do sick reads with focus attacks, there were high risk high reward characters that could kill you on touch which forced you to play differently, projectiles were good so that forced different matches sometimes as well. I remember seeing a C Viper vs like Makoto match and then a Guile vs Sim match back to back at some tournament and just thinking wow its pretty amazing that these two are the same game.

SFV has almost none of the above so far. I think Fang is an exception by being unique and weird and playable defensively or aggressively, unfortunately he suffers from capcomitis and none of his poo poo feels powerful.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 18, 2016

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

bad metaphors posted:

Add the Consensual Rape to Your Seduction Game with This PUA Tutorial

Devour our our

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

dropped combos, wakeup super, HK tatsu as pressure after knockdown, sweep xx trigger into denjin for the win, wow

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Just got me some FightCade and Garou'd hard. Played a guy who mained Bonnet and was ridiculously frustrating with her flying kicks which he based her entire game around, basically they are completely safe and come at an angle that's very hard to punish, then this guy won by basically conditioning me into certain patterns and punishing attempts to get around his kicks. I played Terry and he doesn't really have any obvious answers besides geyser super on reaction to airkicks. The only tactic I could find against this guy was start JD'ing his flying kicks and countering with Power Dunk but that has low damage unless you have super to follow up with, which I was already using by baiting him into airkicks whenever I could and punishing on reaction. I think we went even in wins and I learned a lot about the game and had loads of fun.

I dunno I just really enjoyed playing a game that contains total bullshit that is very hard to counter and finding ways around it and managing to win. Pulling out wins against this guy was so satisfying and I felt like I beat a person rather than a character, with mostly tactics and also some skill.

That was my story of having a good time with a fighting game!

oh and re: garou it's a really odd nut, super stylish game with crazy good specials, not that good normals, and KOF style hops, it plays really weird with a mix of aggressive play, unusual zoning tactics, and total bullshit that's really hard to counter. Really falls apart balance wise at pro level play because some characters are very safe and do too much damage, other than that play garou it's fun stylish challenging and frustating.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 19, 2016

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

If this is interpreted as a hack and the game refuses to work then how do people switch models around?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Yeah one great thing about Overwatch is there is, like, One, sexy girl (widow) and then the rest of the women are normal people with normal proportions and clothes and don't really look that hot. I guess you could argue Tracer has like skin tight leggings but the devs literally made an explicit point of making her in particular avoid any sort of focus on being sexualized and instead focus on personality.

I mean put Widow next to Zarya/Mei/Mercy, then put Juri next to Laura/Cammy/R.Mika

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

In Training posted:

Yeah the game full of nothing but babes in skin tight clothing is absolutely worse than the game with babes in skin tight clothing and one ugly one

rofl

Babe in skintight clothing

I mean i'm not saying Overwatch is a pinnacle of feminism but it's a lot more defendable when not only are at least half the female cast not simply Tits And rear end From [insertcountryhere] Original Character Do Not Steal, the other remaining half are also something I don't get embarrased if people see me play a game with them in. I mean Mercy has boob-plate armor, sure, but she doesn't feel like she's literally designed to be wank material, unlike all female characters in a certain fighting game I know.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 7, 2016

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Faffel posted:

Barkley 2 isn't fun or good tho, so don't play it imo.
Corrected that for you

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

edit: F double post

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

drat, I had so many arguments piled on stock, but I did not plan for that, completely blindsided, I am convinced now, overwatch is a verified badgame, thank you for showing me the light.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

D'va in mech sucks, D'va in tights with handgun is where the real pros are at

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Daily challenge: Devour

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

or should I say devAWRAWRAWR

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Real hurthling! posted: