Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Dracula Factory posted:

I just want to read the thread to find info about the game and see how people are developing

Info: games broke, no patch yet
Developing: i learned how to beat survival by doing the same move over and over again, let me post a wall of text explaining

read more at eventhubs.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Who here is going to defend Necalli being able to just press st.LP and anti-air literally everything including crossups 100% of the time at any range.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

They're both really dumb.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Jab anti-airs were "good" in 3s for entirely different reasons and trying to imply it's because jumpins had terrible hitboxes or the jabs themselves had good anti-air hitboxes is disingenuous as hell. Makoto has the best standing jab anti-air and the hitbox is barely above the hurtbox in her hand, and way below her head. Jumpins also had hitboxes that extended outward or below their hurtboxes and there wasn't a giant horizontal hurtbox slapped onto the bottom third of every jump attack just for the gently caress of it.

ZenVulgarity posted:

What's an arcade

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I mean if you don't see whats boring about the majority of characters having braindead anti-airs and the dynamic of low risk jumpins that are also really bad.

I'd prefer they buff jumpins and make anti-airs more situational (this could mainly be fixed by removing the giant hurtboxes from jumpins) but increasing the reward. Crush counters seem tailor made for it but they realized that with how terrible jumpins are, consistent crush counter anti-airs into a combo would be too good. The only character that really kept it was Dhalsim and its on an extremely situational button that you have to react with early and it's cool and good which is a rarity in this game.

You could of course have "reliable" anti-air buttons that don't crush counter as well! You know, variety.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

If you love this game so much I figure you could make an actual argument instead of just being disingenuous as gently caress, quoting people who aren't me, and just straight making poo poo up.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Like do I really give a poo poo what Pomp says or said at one point, what the gently caress does that have to do with what I'm saying now and what is easily observable.

Maybe you can try to understand what I'm saying instead of arguing against points other people made or things you just made up on the spot.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

so wait should i hit st lp instead of srk? is that what people are saying?

If you are Necalli this is 100% fine. If you are ready for the jump you can obviously DP because it is more damage and knocks down. If you aren't ready your Unga Instincts kick in and you flail on jab like a retard and anti-air 100% consistently anyway because why should anything be hard in Street Fighter by Fisher-Price.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Hey, one of the things I like about this game is that the better player tends to win.

That means I'm better than you, which I like.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I beat you in XRD too.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

And Reload.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Fellblade posted:

No but don't you see, the game is fun, it's just not good ~ literally a thing posted in this thread.

There's nothing wrong with that statement though.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Fellblade posted:

A games purpose is to be fun, if it's fun it can't be bad.

Lots of people find tic-tac-toe to be fun.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

If they think tic-tac-toe is a good/interesting/whatever competitive game, they are wrong.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Agoat posted:

I think from now on if you wanna argue about stupid poo poo you can just FT10 on street fighter or whatever and not bring it in this thread

Remember when you got a mod to lock the old thread and made a terrible OP with no input from anybody else.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

tabs has upgraded his technology and now posts DMC webms and gifvs.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

When they start reacting to the dash and try to jab, you do dash in hk for the crush counter and 30%+ damage.

When they start reacting to the dash you eat a counterhit jab because dash into RH is 31 frames. At least given they're any good and the connection isn't garbage.

Then again if they react too fast their jab whiffs because someone thought it was a good idea to give a street fighter character a dash teleport better than Slayers.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

It's now the 3 Tickling Arts of Yoga.

1) Mash jab
2) throw fireball teleport
3) Slide vtrigger

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Cat Machine posted:

this is my definitive ruling

I fixed it

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

dangerdoom volvo posted:

only one of those games is playable

I agree

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

Don't worry bhsman, once Revelator comes up for preorder on the PS store Bebop will slither away into that dark corner of the forums and plague you no more

Is this your way of telling me you bought me a PS4.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

The game thinks I live in the ocean off the coast of Africa...

which is true because I'm Punished "Venom" Snake irl

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

So as I predicted Capcoms method for removing throw OSes is to do tiny changes that don't really fix them but just makes them slightly less good or harder to do. The "you can't tech for 2 frames" fix is loving hilarious considering you're inherently killing one of the frames in the first place since there's a gap to prevent getting a kara throw. I'm also willing to bet the huge buffer on throws will just render it completely invalid because even if your tech input falls on the 2 untechable frames it will just buffer it for another 5 frames or however long and give you the tech later.

And it will be great when this actually affects *honest hard working throw techers* who just accidentally pressed one button or the other a frame early and had the game invalidate their tech input because they accidentally kara'd.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

An OS that will still be in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRcDXdP08go

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

MK and HK tatsu are projectile invincible from Ryus waist down when they're airborne. Sim and Fang fireballs can hit him if they come down on top of him.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

JP Mika player Hameko (@hameko) found that doing Mikas super while cornered will push her forward and allow her to punish moves that are -3 or more from long ranges:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiSHE4U-Hv0

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

If their goal was really 2 million by the end of March they're hilariously short.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

its all true execept the launch though. like less than a day of not working after launch is nbd you got enough mud to sling

The game was unplayable for like 2 days after launch. Battle Lounges didn't work consistently for a week. Just 2 days ago lounges went down entirely for a whole day.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

And can be avoided by dashing forward

Or doing absolutely anything.

Or absolutely nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1JXcgiURAA

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

interrodactyl posted:

https://youtu.be/PRaWrA-ruPE

I'm glad capcom removed all the option selects so I have to commit when I press a button

Don't worry it is part of their stated design goal to remove Option Selects as they find them so as to not significantly minimize, shift and naturally warp the innate risk-reward benefit factor of existing design choices and apply additional raw input execution skill pressure or burden of knowledge to the metagame.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Okita posted:

I believe it was Momochi who was doing something similar with st. HP where you input the v-skill run cancel and it only comes out if it connects. It works very well from the max range of st. HP, you can fish for the crush counter whiff punish with it and get the automatic run cancel into combo. I use this all the time and it's amazing.

It's different, the v-skill only comes out on crush counter. Every character has this kind of OS on cancellable crush counters because the hit effect inherently has more hitfreeze. It's unavoidable if they want to use "more hitfreeze" as a visual indicator for a bigger/more powerful hit. It's also not as big a deal because the extra hitfreeze is designed to just let you easily hitconfirm it, so the OS is just kind of a lazy shortcut to something that would be 100% consistent anyway.

A move having a couple extra frames of hitfreeze on hit vs block is worse. The extra hitfreeze is actually imperceptible, doesn't help in hitconfirming since it's impossible to hitconfirm something like a light into a special cancel, and just enables Objectively Bad option selects like this. For as much as I joke around about people whining about option selects, this is one worth whining about because it's both the most harmful to interesting gameplay and is a side effect of something that has no practical value to gameplay or aesthetic. It's purely because of a dumb mistake, one fighting game devs seem to have never made until recently.

Basically its existence should tell you nearly everything you need to know about the pedigree of people developing the game (they don't know what they're doing)

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 12, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Chun TK legs is supposedly only +1 at best, so you shouldn't be able to throw a character doing a 3f reversal jab ever. If you can throw them it means you're +2 because of some variance in height/distance that won't be consistent.

There's a huge buffer on throws, you don't need to time them well at all.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

drat nuki cheating with macros get em fozzy

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Here's a real serious chart that you can use for something

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

The stuff Chun has at optimal levels is much harder than anything else in the game, Karin is the same way. If I wasn't going to count any of that stuff, everyone would be off the chart because they're too far left.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I guess if you can't do 360s but this is like the easiest they've ever been.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Nobody can convince me Necalli isn't the easiest character in the game.

The reasoning Birdie is further to the right is because he relies almost entirely on 2 hit light confirms which are the hardest thing most characters have and his are also unsafe if you mess them up. He also has very situational confirms from vskill stuff, negative edge specials, and a lot of unsafe/scrub trap moves that are harder to use "correctly" than some other characters.

The reasoning he's so far left is you just kind of press random buttons and anti-air with cr.MP and you're 80% there.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Ryu's Toes Cut Short
Chun-Li's Boobs Jiggle Sometimes
Where Is Urien

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Shoenin posted:

What makes Karin super hard to use at optimal levels?

Her basic thing (cancelling into Just frame Tenko) is harder than the hardest thing many characters have. You have to adjust her juggles based on spacing (JF Tenko vs Shoulder) and her optimal midscreen 1 and 2 bar combos are hard. Her confirm from lights (cr.lp cr.lp xx JF tenko) is one of the hardest in the game. Lots of her crush counter/vtrigger optimal confirms have *microwalks*. Also things like consistently setting up trades by delaying cancels into shoulder, and then confirming and comboing off the trade.

Most of that stuff I would consider essential for playing Karin at an intermediate/high level and doesn't even include more obscure/situational hard stuff like buffering st.lk into EX shoulder.

That said you can play a basic effective Karin without any of it because her buttons and frametraps are strong. Anybody with good footsies will do well with her but the advanced poo poo is what will separate good and great Karins. Also this is SF5 so the "hard stuff" is pretty easy, it's just relatively hard.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I can only imagine fighting Fuerte without focus/invin backdash, the same way I can imagine pulling my fingernails out with pliers.

He would be a cool char design without the 33/33/33 meme splash vs grab mixup.