Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Team Sp00ky is streaming now http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

People keep losing to Laura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

The only person I forced quit on was some person who lost the first match and then all of a sudden became laggy

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Any good tutorials for Fang? I lost my interest for Laura.
I can't even beat survival on normal.

Altared State fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Feb 25, 2016

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Nothing about fang? I've seen combo videos but I don't understand how you hit and can do a charge attack.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I guess no help for fang

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Wow fight people are serious

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Fang can poke like hell but I don't understand how someone does a kick in and charges back and then forward punch and combos it

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Do all fighting games go down to autistic people?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I'm not gonna post things anymore.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Can I be a tree¿

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

The FGC would probably rip a for-real autistic person to shreds. Aspies gravitate towards games that don't require any real skill like RPGs and Nintendo games.

Like a decent amount of FGC people I know can barely even be called nerds and aren't really into a lot of nerdy stuff other than video games and are more into sports, going to the gym and hip hop than Star Wars, anime and Magic the Gathering and whatnot.

Although at least half are big weeaboos, myself included

Sorry to be mean

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Why is Karin's special the same as Bison's throw?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I don't know what I expected since FG threads here have turned into a huge scrub hugbox but people who play fighting games generally have opinions on them past "have fun is good." Almost every fighting game inherently has something I find fun about it, and I can enjoy myself momentarily playing the biggest piece of poo poo games if I'm learning something new and applying it against another person. I can enjoy a game overall and also poo poo on it for the things I don't like about it because those are the things that will eventually keep me from playing it long-term.

I think it's weirder to post a screenshot of my steam profile because I posted a joke vid in reply to a post designed to elicit such a response.

The people in this thread are horrible

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

No one in this thread likes me so I'm gonna play Birdie.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Should I stop playing cause I can't even beat normal in survival?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I try practicing but the computer doesn't play like people do.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Fellblade posted:

Pick Ryu/Ken and do medium DP constantly (I mean don't stop until you finish survival). Congrats you beat survival.

That doesn't work

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Fellblade posted:

Here's a video of somebody doing it for all 100 stages of extreme survival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLyvS1OBTM

I guess different people have different issues. I don't get that character list when playing.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

And fightening game players are they worst people....

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

When does the new update come out?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Can't find any players for ranked online. Will the patch fix this?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I'm horrible at this game. The highest level of challenges I can beat is 7 for Ryu. The button combinations get too confusing.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I'm gonna keep killing people with no special moves.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Lothire posted:

As if we need any more reasons to avoid Survival for color unlocking, my investigations today have suggested that they have increased the difficulty for Normal survival. After five attempts at gaining Alex normal colors, I was met with a soul destroying Ryu at stage 25 that crushed the dream repeatedly by the tall-tail sign of reading inputs; normally a tactic reserved for Hard and above difficulty opponents. Asking around revealed the same issues for others, but on all characters at the same stage. This was vastly different an experience than when I originally did the run with Necalli many moons ago.

Pretty sure stage 25 has always been known as the stage where the CPU actually turns on, but up until the last patch a few days ago, it wasn't to the level of Hard difficulty. Now it seems the AI acts more like it does in Hard Mode when closing in the last 10 stages on that difficulty. You can expect full combo completions, anti-airs and hard-counters to your buttons by the AI in the last 5 stages of Medium difficulty.

The need to abuse the ranked/casual pop-up tactic is very strong now for both difficulties, made all the worse by not having these survival colors available for purchase in the store. So far, you can only purchase colors 11, 12 and 13 via fight money.

😄

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

All I've read from this thread is to play Ken.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Okita posted:

That's actually not true. Floating point numbers are inherently innacurately represented in binary. You might have something like 0.1 + 0.2 end up being 0.30000000000000004 (0.1 is a repeating decimal when represented in binary). I'd guess the reason there's floats everywhere is because it's running on a 3d engine that does all kinds of precise calculations with them(3d rotations with matrix multiplication, etc).

I think it's probably just an artifact of using a 3d engine for a 2d game. I can only imagine the headaches of dealing with an orthographic projection of hitboxes.

What is this?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I've beat the most challenges with Ryu but I can only win ranked matches with Fang. What do I do?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

!Klams posted:

Mayte. Keep playing fang, I never see him in ranked!

I play him like Street Fighter 2, normal moves and random special moves. I never use v-skill or ex moves and I can't do supers consistently.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

dangerdoom volvo posted:

how fast is power bomb

Can't get it after two light punches

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Anyone else have issues with the fc4 d-pad keeping on rotating even though it's locked?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Pomp posted:

tried to do a hadouken but instead i created a perpetual motion machine please advise

Haha. The dumb d-pad rotates 20° to the right but mine keeps moving over even though it's locked.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Microwaves Mom posted:

and she makes more money than either of us.

Cause nerds can't stop giving her money for seeing her cleavage. Twitch needs to get rid of these people but won't cause it brings traffic to their site.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Dias posted:

I have the older version and it just kinda does that. A bit annoying but I don't think it's actively harming my garbage execution anyway.

Mine's new and does it. I don't want a arcade stick.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Mate if you're calling a combobreaker a burst I don't know what to tell you.

Oh that's it. Play some Killer Instinct.

Why this thread is trash

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Supers should just be the motion and two punches or kicks

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Mika players just spam the corner combo. They suck

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I guess I'm too lovely, I don't get players in ranked

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

It's nice knowing that hori 4 loving breaks with street fighter PC

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Playing Fang, I'm learning how to play Bison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Any good videos on how to to use charge characters?