Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I haven't played this game or know anything about it, so this shouldn't count as a spoiler, but what's the over-under on the Joker coming back to cackle at us once again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

radintorov posted:

Well, here in Italy you can take both the theory and practical driving test without going to a driving school, although that is highly recommended and is how I learned how to drive properly.
Though my parents did teach me the very basics of driving before I went to one of these schools.

Do you have to wear fingerless leather gloves at driving school?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

RareAcumen posted:

It could be fine if you use a different Superman than the iconic boyscout. Maybe the supermullet?

Or maybe Calvin Ellis the Black Superman?

A Death of Superman game, where you play all four of the replacements, would be great.

Although that'd just be Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Jack Ryder is looking mighty pouty there. Is he practicing his Blue Steel?

E: The Gray Ghost was also the focus of the greatest B:tAS episode. But you knew that already, true Bat-Fans!

Philippe fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 25, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That brings me to something: are the Riddler's broadcasts live? Does he add the audiovisual distortions personally, as a signature, or is it a function of the broadcast?

And yeah, he's definitely just in sweats beneath that shirt.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Well, yeah. He saved everyone of us.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's a part of his skill set that's usually hard to visualize through the medium of comic books, so it tends to be an informed ability or some kind of Bat-deduction. "Robin! The shark was pulling my leg! That must mean..." - "Holy coincidence, Batman! Penguin's working with the Joker!"

Superman is similarly "The Man Of Tomorrow", but that's been thrown out.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
They won't have time for it. They need to squeeze all the universe-building Marvel's done since 2008 into a single movie.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
S

A

M

E

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

citybeatnik posted:

I... actually hadn't clicked on that being a fear of his. I really do hope that is what is going on.

Well, my head just exploded.

10/10, would scare crow again.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I just like that the communicator Batman used to talk to Gordon in the car was called "Batphone".

Like what Adam West had in his Lincoln Futura, with a direct link to... Commissioner Gordon! It all makes sense.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
In a sea of strong performances (Barry's three dads spring to mind), Mark Hamill's two guest spots are the strongest.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Crigit posted:

"Now this, this is some top of the line gear!" Says the recorded voice of Aaron Cash as you investigate the alcove in the militia section of the evidence locker that is devoted entirely to wooden baseball bats.

Now, now, there's also some police-issue batons.

E: I'm really appreciating how all the races look like movie sets.

Philippe fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 8, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I like that the Mad Hatter kept to iambic tetrameter, even when not rhyming.

Another poem with that meter? Jabberwocky.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

dscruffy1 posted:

John Noble as Scarecrow talks about fear like DIablo talks about nephalem. BLAH BLAH BLAH NEPHALEM BLAH BLAH FEAR BLAH

It's kind of his thing, to be fair. As the thread has said before, Jonathan Crane can make you terrified for your life just by talking calmly to you for a while (he is a trained psychologist, after all). That's probably what Rocksteady was going for, but alas, their writing wasn't up to snuff. Sometimes, the Scarecrow monologues hit, but not often enough.

Nevermind that, he's playing second fiddle to Thomas Elliott (rich guy, can pay for both gadgets and a huge army, looks like Bruce, wants to be him, it makes sense).

The tank fights look like they start to drag. Like Skrewtape said, it doesn't seem to be getting more fun, just more frustrating.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Grapplejack posted:

I'm pretty sure Nightwing is the smuggest person in the entirety of the DC comics universe.

He'd need to be, with a headsock like that. The 90s was a long time ago, Richard.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

death .cab for qt posted:

even Oracle's been swept off her feet.

Thank you.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I really liked the Joker hallucination Scarecrow gas fakeout, even if it's a little hard to work out what happened in the real world.

And really, Batman should use a gas mask of some sort. Maybe he doesn't wanna rob the world of that perfect jawline.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I like how BatJoker had kind of a differing move set than Bruce. He fought sort of like he did in City.

Did anyone else catch that?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

death .cab for qt posted:

Two-Face flubs his release and gets a 7-10 split. He can't pick it up because he can only choose one... Joker shoots the other pin with his revolver, makes a pun about "SPARE"ing everyone from the cliche duality crap.

Somebody, write a 66-style Batman:TAS as soon as possible.

Did you watch The Brave and the Bold?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Moon of the Wolf from BTAS

It's that the one where Catwoman gets turned into an anthropomorphic cat?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
In The Killing Joke, I think he just wanted to put Gordon through something akin to what he went through. One Bad Day and all that.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Jack Napier posted:

Bob... You are my... Number one... Guy.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Veotax posted:

The funnier thing is that a lot of the people who were disappointed in this DLC said things like "Obviously the rest of the DLC will be better, it's being made by Rocksteady!". This is easily the best of the story DLC, remember the Harley Quinn DLC we saw earlier? The rest of the DLC campaigns are pretty much the same.

I kinda liked the Harley Quinn DLC. It presented a different take on the same aesthetics without going overboard.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
On the other hand, the characterization of Two-Face is pretty on-target. Obsessed with justice and fairness, but using duality and his coin as the method.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

CzarChasm posted:

Meant to ask this before, can you blow up the penguin caches without closing the vaults or will it say the explosion is too big?

It'd be funny if you got a non-standard game over. Instead of the villain who killed you cackling at you in the game over screen, it's Nightwing going "Wow dumbass, I can't believe you actually did that. Let's go back to the cave and let Alfred tuck you into beddy-byes while the grownups deal with this."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
What happens if you get killed during a tag-team fight?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It'd be another callback to Arkham City, as well.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Maybe that's why the Knight doesn't use them.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I know, right? Origins Croc looked like a mutated person, rather than a Ninja Turtles character. At least there's a story justification for why he looks different in this game.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Not really. Aaron Cash first appeared in the miniseries Arkham Asylum: Living Hell, published in 2003.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Sauron's argument works well here, I think. "But I don't want to cure cancer. I want to turn people into dinosaurs."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Cool.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

OldMemes posted:

It's a shame Renee Montoya doesn't appear in the Arkham games, her relationship with Harvey Dent is really interesting when they share screen (page?) time.

You can't have any other characters than Batman, they'd remove the focus from him. Which will not do.

In this video, I noticed that our "sane" prisoner has the same chin, mouth (though unsmiling), and nose as the Joker. He's not that well after all, is he?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
We got to see the Joker brand Jason Todd's face and humiliate him into betraying his master! That was something, wasn't it?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
They're establishing who Jason was and how he was tortured. Batman will pull off the Knight's mask, and we will see the brand on his cheek. This will be a shocking twist.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That was a wink wink, nudge nudge to Deathstroke.

If he'd used the Remote Claw, we'd know.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's a pretty good punchline, you've gotta admit.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Talia could be alive, somehow, but I don't think so. Why didn't she show up during the League of Assassins quest if that were the case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

RareAcumen posted:

It's a good thing Batman put Hush through that table and knocked him out as quick as he did. If not, he might have two scarred-face villains running around Gotham.

If Harvey is Two-Face, will Tommy be No-Face?

• Locked thread