Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

aphid_licker posted:

The fact that this was in 2014 and apparently hasn't been repeated is kind of heartening tho?

From the article he posted it's not even clear how the fire started, with gunmen shooting into the crowd from the roof and tossing molotovs down.

Plus the 'neo-nazis' mentioned couldn't even win a seat in parliament arent in government. As opposed to Putin, who rather is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

steinrokkan posted:

Yes it made political sense, but doesn't really paint him as the protector of the world against fascism when his original plan was essentially to help arm the fascists for a war that would ravage Europe (and hopefully give the Red Army a chance to sweep in eventually)

Ordering the Comintern parties to support the Nazis was a nice touch by Uncle Joe.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Stalin was a genocidal, egoistic, sadistic piece of poo poo. Millions of Soviet citizens died in the famines he caused in the thirties. He doesn't deserve to be excused just because he managed to fight off an even more genocidal, egoistic, sadistic piece of poo poo dictator coming for him. Death to all dictators.

To indulge in personal attacks, pick quarrels, vent personal spite or seek revenge instead of entering into an argument and struggling against incorrect views for the sake of unity or progress or getting the work done properly. This is a fifth type of liberalism.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Red and Black posted:

Equating the Ukrainian famine to the Nazi’s deliberate extermination of the Jews through mass murder is essentially Holocaust denial

Or maybe *both* genocides are bad.

Also Churchill for Bengal.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Red and Black posted:

Ok, so which historian are you going to cite to prove that Stalin deliberately manufactured a famine to genocide the Ukrainians?

Keep in mind that a post you read one time on /pol/ isn’t an academic source

"Enforcing a deliberate policy of exporting grain in the knowledge that huge numbers of people will die as a result isn't 'manufacturing a famine'."

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Red and Black posted:

If by manufacturing a famine you mean the famine was greatly exacerbated by the actions of Soviet Government, then I agree. If you want to argue that Stalin’s government showed a callous disregard for human life as the famine began to manifest itself, then I agree.

But if by manufacturing a famine you mean Stalin wanted a famine and deliberately withheld grain with the intention of genociding Ukrainians, then the evidence is heavily against you.

And if you think the famine is equivalent to the holocaust as an earlier poster argued (and as is implied by the name “holodomor”), you’ve gone off the deep end entirely

Yeah well, you keep saying it but it doesn't make it not a genocide. There are were a number of genocides in the 20th Century, and they were all different. The Bengal famine was a genocide, and so was the Holodromor, and Rwanda, and Shoah, and the Armenian Genocide for starters. I don't claim they are equal except in that they were all instances of genocide. I find them incommensurate and I am not capable of ranking a particular body count "worse" or "better" thank you.

quote:

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

Killing members of the group;
Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Red and Black posted:

I think it's pretty clear I'm talking about the usage of the word in English, but go off dude

I think it's *abundantly* clear what you're saying, but the polite term for it is genocide denial.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Koos Group posted:

Erm, I mean a hangout thread mostly for Eastern Europeans, not Canadians.

:canada:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Which of those countries is in the Balkans again?

The present delusion was Baltics, not Balkans

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Hannibal Rex posted:

“‘If I want to, I can take Kiev Havanna in a fortnight.”

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Fritz the Horse posted:

Everyone else please take a short break and allow lollontee to make thir argument.

edit: they can make any argument they want, as long as they can support it

Any conclusion follows from a false premise.

At some point you have to look at the sort of "support" he's trying to use. It's pretty brutal.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Fritz the Horse posted:

How, specifically, is this relevant to Eastern Europe?

Asking for a friend.

Is the friend Erdogan?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Putin’s all about living in the glories of Russia past so trying to remake the Cuban missile crisis is p unsurprising tbh. Going to fall under the sway of a mystic healer and have an affair with a horse next.

Then annex Corfu

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 24, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Somaen posted:

Definitely can't wait for the conflict to resolve so we get less Americans posting here

"fewer Americans" please

For schnitzelchat, there's a restaurant in Chopin airport in Warsaw, Bijanka. I really liked the food flying through

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 28, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Xarn posted:

Still a mojito though

Club Mate?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

London and the Home Counties remaining in the CIS while the remainder of the UK devolves into a weak federation.

Essex renamed Chavorussia.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

dominoeffect posted:

Do you have any source for the current staged forces being 3/5th of Russia’s total forces? Not doubting you, just curious to read more about it.

It was a consensus estimate - you never heard of the 3/5 compromise in the Slav states?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Terminally Bored posted:

Nah, I wish he was like Sanders. Tusk is very centre-left.

So is Sanders, among the Deep Thinkers Online

https://politicalcompass.org/uselection2020

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 6, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Find another analogy.

Maybe they could have a big meeting somewhere in Germany to agree to Putin's offramp, I think you have something here

Maybe Munich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Wistful of Dollars posted:

please elaborate on this assertion.

Clearly they made them all uppity, thinking they deserved more, getting ideas, you know?

Above their proper place, serving the center.

They should have known better, is what he's saying, I think.