Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I think they put some extra ventilation holes in the t72's in Iraq, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Those were so the souls of the damned could escape.

I thought it was to help get a cooling cross-breeze going; hot in there.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Brown Moses posted:

My favourite bit is they actually broadcast the bit where I called the Russian MoD liars and said they were absolutely disgusting.
[edit] This bit:
https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/727740537625776129

Episode is here on iPlayer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0791ns4/the-conspiracy-files-who-shot-down-mh17

And for the moment it's on YouTube here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XATQcYIzrPM

Boy, that's a BBC doozy.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 5, 2016

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Plan Z posted:

Wow, why even give Ray McGovern the time of day? He didn't even put up an attempt at any sort of evidence. Just the usual conspiracy theory hand-wringing of "they have it they just won't show it" and "This has been proven to be false" without any contribution.

"Balance"

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Hahahahaha

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Somaen posted:

Not just brawl, a gang-war shootout between caucasians and central asians for the control of territory

The Khan has been reborn! The Mongol Empire shall shine again!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Send them periodic letters to check up on them.

"Hi, haven't heard from you in a bit, just checking in to see if you're ok."

"Have a nice weekend? Weather was rubbish here again."

"How are you doing over there? I miss our chats."

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The flaw in your analogy is that in Russia the state controls the media; in the US the media controls the state.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Truga posted:

This is about the only CIA involvement story I'd be willing to believe. :v:

Well, the CIA did kill Kennedy, so really, what can't they do? :v:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

SA poster tsa reveals: Vietnam a poisoned dagger in American hand, pointed at the heart of China

CIA playing the long game; we'll see who really wins the Vietnam War in the end. :smug:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Uh huh...

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Is Russia still battling one of the highest AIDs rates outside Africa?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The Amur is the nicest place in Russia.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The spark to light the overthrow of Putin has been lit.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

az posted:

Good work BM, I mean it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Context aside, just wanted to point out the TU-160 is a pretty thing.

I know bupkiss when it comes to the question of whether any of them are any good, but the Russians do seem to build the prettiest planes. The 160, Flanker and Fulcrum all look fantastic.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

"If Bellingcat isn't a state agent then how did it get RT banned in the UK? :smug:"

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Libluini posted:

The naval gun is actually a fairly modern system, capable of using special ammunition for supporting land-based operations. 100km max range with specialized ammunition isn't bad for a dinky little gun. You also forgot the two remote-controlled 27mm autocannons. But yeah, together with the 5 robot-machine guns the class has it's more meant for peacekeeping missions. I mean those robot-guns are obviously meant to repel boarders, which is I guess more important to a peacekeeping mission on the other side of the world than to fight other ships?

Wat.

The hell ammo is that; gun launched missile?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Twitter has become the king of internet drama. Strange they keep looking for someone to buy it.

https://twitter.com/syrianmilitary/status/790162970349363200

"What did you find?"
"Something about Slender man in Grover's house...? "

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Seagal is also something of a folk hero in Outer Mongolia. His current wife is a Mongol and he has done a bunch of TV shows where he claims that he feels like he is a true Mongol because he thinks his Great Grandfather was from Mongolia or something. They all love him there, and considering their relationship with Russia it's no surprised he's got a close relationship with Moscow also.

I kinda want to be a Mongolian folk hero...

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I will roam Mongolia, known by the people as Хачин цагаан хүн, the Strange White Man.

(I just threw that in Google, the translation may read "dancing horse cock" for all I know)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:v:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

A Pale Horse posted:

Poland as a special needs lion. Somehow appropriate.

"describe Poland"
"Poland is strong and majestic in appearance, but sometimes licks the windows."

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Erdogan, Putin, and Hofer rebuild their empires, the rest of the decade is a repeat of 1910s.

Finally, zombie Lenin's time will come.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Young Freud posted:

The only reason they're doing this is because Russia wants to imagine it has force projection. There's no reason tactically or strategically for them to be using the Admiral Kuznetsov if they have available airbases. It's all for show and they can't even pull that right.

Yarp.

No other reason to move a leaky, smelly, smokey, costly and potentially sinky airstrip off Syria when they have plenty of bases already.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Well, crud.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

June 2017: Greenland melts, drowning Bangladesh and large parts of New York and Tokyo. The Netherlands are evacuated.
December 2017: The West Antarctic Ice Sheet collapses, having been undermined by rising sea levels.
January 2019: The East Antarctic Ice Sheet begins collapsing
Bastille Day 2031: The Admiral Kuznetsov arrives at the steamy jungle port of Reims, to celebrate the coronation of Marine I, Restaurateur de la Liberté Française and the anniversary of the Dutch Refugee Act. In attendance are their imperial majesties, Nikolai I of All Russia and Ivanka I of America, as well as the heads of state of various minor polities like the dukes and counts of Germany.

I see Florida, Brazil and Argentina getting hosed in that picture, so it's not all bad.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

E: old news

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's only a model.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

jonnypeh posted:

Lovely responses: "don't forget guys, there were no WMDs in Iraq". Yeah, very subtle.

The Iraq War, the gift from W and Co. that just keeps on giving.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

In case anyone wonders how much ammo is stored there, it's 138 kilotons.

:staredog:

Big, it's going to be big.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Those are some big shiny brass Slavic balls.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

"I'm glad he's not dead, but we'd look better if he was."

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

^^^or that

Vegetable posted:

I don't get it. How do they catch his potential assassins by staging his murder? I don't understand the logic or the process.

Step 1: know murder is planned
Step 2: catch would-be assassin in trap
Step 3: make would-be assassin rat out who hired him

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Nenonen posted:

I don't buy the story. Not saying that it is false, but there is nothing to back it up and it sounds more like a cheap publicity stunt. What were they thinking???

Wat

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Journalists tend to be huge egotistical babies unfortunately.

https://twitter.com/CochraneCBC/status/1000089672478089217?s=19

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Nenonen posted:

I don't know, this is Eastern Europe so anything is possible. If this happened in Russia I bet you wouldn't trust the FSB telling the same story.

#1 it's not the FSB saying it
#2 the number of Russian dissidents and journalist being killed makes it far more credible
#3 lol

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Nenonen posted:

No, but it gives a field day for Russian propagandists. You are free to believe that this was a good thing for Ukraine's credibility, of course. I think it was a fuckup.

Uh, ok.

I think preventing extra-territorial politicial assassinations is a good thing but if you don't think the methods justify the results then, uh, hey, you do you I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Those balls aren't going to suck themselves.