Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Beta was pretty fun. Looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
guess I'm playing this tomorrow instead (servers willing)

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
console was broken, so emergent gameplay!

Stand In Line Simulator 2016

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
shotguns are terrible :mad:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cyrano4747 posted:

Also laughing because I think I've seen 3 gay people in the game and it was mentioned completely in passing. Example: the one doctor who says her ex-wife used to yell at her for something and then it's never touched again.

There's a side mission to find the ex-wife and she leaves the doctor a voicemail in an ECHO

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Badfinger posted:

Seen a bunch of stuff besides the DZ exp risk/reward about what the game needs/should have in the last 10 pages, so since probably a bunch of people haven't seen it this is a good time to point out that they've at least loosely laid out their plans for both free and paid content for the rest of the year.

The Division Year One

In like three weeks (be patient for THREE WEEKS) there's the first raid and loot trading. In May there's another raid and DZ events (they explicitly said something akin to supply drop hot spots).

The paid dlc is subways/NYC underground, and specifically says "endless" in there. There's (hopefully) your Rift-like content.

Then DLC 2 they hinted they'll make the whole playable map open contested content like the Dark Zone currently is.

I think DLC 3 is Horde Mode, which I think is awesome because I put over 100 hours into ME3 Multiplayer and I like the feedback loop here at least as much or more. I can see less people being jazzed about that than the first two, but I'm excited. I just hope to god it's not loving zombies.

Besides Tenzarin whining that no deathmatch will kill the game (a bad whine, holy gently caress Destiny deathmatch is boring as sin), is there anything else people said they wanted? I feel like it's pretty broadly covered, everyone just needs to let the game breathe for more than a literal week. There's also a game update coming next week. Hopefully some balance pass things, but it'd be cool if something else turned on like the roving packs of enemies did. That added a lot of life to the game.

I want Central Park and the UES :shrug:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mitchicon posted:

Does anyone else find shotguns to be useless?

Yes

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a purple SMG-9 with 81k base damage and critical chance / headshot damage talents

150k with mods

Extended mag + ROF/damage seems to be the best weapon mod in the game

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
74 hours in and i'm a bit burnt out

level 30/35, feel like I've gotten everything out of DZ that I'm going to, 130k/65k/20k stats

Guess I'll take a break until new content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
so is sub-200 DZ dead now?

I haven't played since basically release and now I can't DZ group any more :(

• Locked thread