Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i remember it having something to do with turning the gameboy off during a trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
why does red blue and yellow etc cost like 15 dollars?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

As a Millennial I posted:

brock's gym was loving rough in yellow

key thing to remember in gen 1 is that speed determines basically everything. a few string shots and your opponent won't be able to get any critical hits on you

i just stringshotted and sand attacked until they were useless, then whittled down their health with tackles from my lvl 7 rattatta for a freaking hour.

i think i used a mankey on brock. that was in blue though, i dont know if you can get one in yellow. i was also like 5 or 6 when i did it so my memory might be a little hazy haha.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
? i wanted charizard cos of the cartoon

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
additionally i also wanted charizard because he was the strongest pokemon card (rarest, highest hp, most dmg = strongerst).

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

did you ever see my funny hospital bill.

phimosis surgery :-)?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

the 420.69 bill

haha thats cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I like that Pokemon games are difficult for precisely 1 gym and then never again for the rest of the game

they actually can be really difficult if you keep your pokemon just 1 or 2 levels below the gyms, i played heartgold not too long ago and had a ton of fun

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
yeah its my favourite. x+y is great too, i wish it was a little longer though. i havent played omega ruby or sapphire yet, ill probably just wait for sun/moon instead.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

GameCube posted:

i'm honestly considering some kind of robotic mechanism to automatically play the slots for me. if somebody could do it for fishing shinies this would be cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moBGHUfw-Ho

it might be easier to just glitch a porygon though

u might as well just hack them into your game. not sure how its done but it definitely can be because when i sold my copy of x on ebay i saw 100000 people there selling like a full pokedex of shiny pokemon for something like 1 dollar

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
woops, didnt actually read your post sry , i just saw the video and was like WTF, i better chip in my 2 cents asap.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
u know what pokemon needs. a hard mode

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i know about it, i always just play pokemon games 4-5 levels below the gym leaders though and theyre fun like that. but what would be cool is if like gym leaders had a completely different team on hard mode that was more technical or something.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
what would make a good pokemon hard mode is:

something you cant get on normal mode but would only appeal to the kinds of people who like hard mode in games (different and more complex boss teams). regular trainers could all be the same lvl since theyre just fluff anyway.
something that you can also do your own challenges over the top of like nuzlocke (like above)
no actual rewards for doing it on hard mode except for maybe a little tiny thing like a new menu colour or hat or something.

IMO.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

GameCube posted:

why is pokemon streetpass completely worthless???

some ppl never get streetpasses. i get thousands cos i live in a city but ive heard about people who get like 2 a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
bite is good. plus u can teach it a million tms.

• Locked thread