Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lizard Wizard posted:

The real travesty is not being able to use Tingle Tuner in Wind Waker HD.
Wait, how the gently caress did that get overlooked, you already have a guaranteed second screen with the Wii U :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Snak posted:

A guy I play pc games with is constantly criticizing me for having a console and thinks that the flexibility of a pc has literally no downsides. We have bought no less than 4 games on steam and GoG in the last 3 months that we were never able to get to work. We spend hours trying to make them work. Something that (almost) never happens on console. I don't understand which part of "I just want the games I buy to work out of the box" he doesn't get. He keeps telling me that I could build a better computer for the money I spent on my PS4. That's barely true, and I would have to deal with drivers issues and all kinds of poo poo. The PC that I have barely works for basic tasks and has bullshit problems all the time and it cost almost $900.
You should have a loving amazing PC for $900, but PC buyers get ripped off all the time and the driver thing never goes away. The guy is not entirely wrong but if you want you can shut him up by asking him to help you make your next PC and dragging him down in the process of parts and effort and making it fit in your budget. It'll eventually get too much to be worth his time and he'll never make that claim to you again.

Orrrr you'll scam him into buying half your PC just to make it fit your price point and that's good too

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If Nintendo wants the NX to be successful, I'll tell 'em how:

1. Zelda launch title. Given. Big, meaty, everybody and their sister and their granny loves Zelda.

2. Simultaneously announce Virtual Console support [...]
These two happened for the Wii and you remember how that turned out. Of course it didn't help that VC games cost a mint and TP was actually a Cube game they shoehorned waggle into at the last moment

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 24, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Broseph Brostar posted:

It sold like gangbusters?
And then alienated the people who fell for those points, which further split their remaining audience off from the rest of the market.

Snak posted:

Oh yeah that pc price point wasn't actually relevant because it's a laptop.
Oh, well you always get dicked over by the laptop difference. Sorry to hear about that.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Eh, I don't think it "alienated" anybody, that's a weird sentiment that didn't make sense when the Wii was happening either. For a platform that was allegedly devoid of "hardcore gamer" content you had Mario Galaxy, a Mario Kart game, Smash Brothers, Zelda TP, Zelda SS, plenty of titles. There was a lot of shovelware too, but the system definitely had an emphasis on multiplayer content over single-player content; the only way it really "alienated" its userbase was that Skyward Sword and Metroid Other M were really bad and there was no online marketplace worth a drat for indie titles.
I wrote up and deleted a long post to explain what I really meant but it was boring and the TLDR is I was referring to just the launch (and most of those games you mentioned came much later, so I guess I wasn't clear). Sorry. It's not even really important because they made so many much bigger mistakes. :shrug:

Constr posted:

is it worth collecting all the anti cubes in fez because i copied down the alphabet and man is that some bs. real tempted to just use a cipher off the internet even if its cheating.
It's your free time, if you just want to enjoy chilling out doing platforming puzzles and then set the game aside forever there's no real shame in that. Plus there's always Youtube to see the rest

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Some jerk tried to lift my credit card number and so my bank froze it and I've been without a card for a week and it just happened to be the week my PS+ was to renew, so now that's been cancelled and my pre-order of Hyrule Warriors also and I'm feeling salty.
Sorry to hear that :ohdear:

VideoGames posted:

I am a big fan of Video Games, Video Game systems and Gaming memorabilia in general!

I would have loved to own all systems when each was released but I have to settle with what I can afford.
:same:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ravane posted:

Also gently caress off kindly, as I don't poo poo up the thread as I proved a few pages ago,
Actually at this point since they see you as a target, you poo poo up the thread by proxy by posting at all. It sucks but I would say go take a break and enjoy another thread til there's some other whipping boy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Shindragon posted:

Ducktales remaster was pretty good. :colbert: But yeah Adventure Time on the 3DS was basically Zelda 2. It was fun although very short.
That's a really mean thing to say about Zelda 2 :argh:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

I love Zelda 2 too but I dunno man calling it a good game might be a stretch

Especially the second half and double plus especially that fuckhole of a final palace
A good game and that Adventure Time game are pretty far apart, there's a lot of middle ground available

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I just watched the trailer for Senran Kagura Estival Versus (where's the F?)
"Estival" means in the summer, like "vernal" means in the spring :eng101:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

Huh, I've learned something today!

So is there good gameplay in those SK games or is it a game series for mild gameplay engagement and anime tittays a la DOA
There are more missions than a DOA game but also more boobs and more cutscenes. Whether the gameplay or boobs or cutscenes are good is largely dependent on personal preference, I wouldn't say they're either amazing or abominable

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

corn in the bible posted:

behold the anime

Oh good luck that game destroyed me

(I'm not smart)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just set up a Google news alert for "video games" and then sift through the debris.
Or put a bunch of sites in an RSS reader or use Flipboard if you're really lazy (actually don't use that cause you're gonna see trash from Polygon and Kotaku)

• Locked thread