Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Rirse posted:

Wasn't there a Robot Chicken sketch from a while back that actually predicted this?

Yep

http://youtu.be/PTcVNuNX8yY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Well poo poo. They wanted Dream to punch a loving giant spider again didn't they?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

Costume nothing, how about the delivery on Spidey's line? I hope that's not really in there, he sounds so bored. Like, he should flop down on the couch and sigh right after or something.

Have you never dealt with teenagers?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

The MSJ posted:

X-Men Apocalypse just dropped a new trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfBVIHgQbYk

Welp I'm sold.

Day one viewing for me

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Progress on the Lobo movie. Looks like we might actually get to see Danny Trejo ride on a flying motorcycle after all!

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wonder-woman-writer-jason-fuchs-lobo-1201732108/

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
How are you people surprised? He looked like a walking corpse in Winter Soldier.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
He was 66? Wow. At least he enjoyed his final years.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
See? Not the only one!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Batman vs Superman:

The Good:

-Excellent fight scenes
-Wonder Woman and Batfleck were great in their roles and I want to see more
-Jessie Eisenberg did an amazing take on Lex
-Doomsday felt deadly, a rarity for CGI blobs
-Very pretty colours and scenery
-The score was well done
-Mama Kent was the soul of that movie

The Bad:

This movie is long. Could have been edited down a lot.
-Superman. I like Henry Cavill but he felt like a hanger on to his own movie.
-Dream sequences that went on and on. Bleh
-Needed more time with Kent and Lois as them. Superman and Lois felt rushed and left Superman looking like a whiney loser.

Deduction; not as terrible as I first thought. If you like super hero movies, it's at least better than Green Lantern.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Deakul posted:

That doesn't explain why he's already a raving loon.

Genius and having his dad beat the poo poo out of him probably didn't do anything for his sanity

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Early reviews are not being kind to X-men. A solid 57% right now

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/x_men_apocalypse/

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Black Uncle Ben would be pretty awesome though.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I'm curious how much froth could be roused from angry nerd boys if Riri Williams steps up as the new Iron Man when RDJ says enough.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I thought that Diamondback was rushed as well. Hell the season could have ended when he first shot Luke and told him he was his brother. Leave it as a cliff hanger

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

is cumberbatch an rear end for something he did in real life or is this just about him looking like a weirdo and/or goons hating popular things

He also called black and brown actors 'Coloured people' rather than address each individual race he had worked with for a movie and some people got pissy over that.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Also Voltron is a cartoon on Netflix and it is Good.

This is quite true and I am looking forward to the second season.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I really liked the suit. It looked straight out of a comic book and further separated Luke and Diamondback. Luke is a man given super powers that doesn't want to stand out, he just wants to quietly help people. When he throws out the comic attire I laughed for a good while

Diamondback wants attention, fear and through that respect. Putting on wrath gave him all that plus Luke's powers.

Plus it looked fly as hell.

Sucka.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Let's not forget that Emporer Zarkon can go one on one with a Lion. That was just amazing.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Sweet merciful gently caress. Let's make an amazing colourful costume and drown it in that shitacular dark filter that Synder jacks off too.

Bleh.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

What's so amazing about Mera's costume, it's a plain green leotard with scales.

Edit oh do you mean the movie costume?

Yeah the movie costume looks really good. I like the fact that they are going with the scaled armour look rather than try to modernize it. It looks cool and like she is out of the comics.

Hard pressed to see since looking at the picture its as if you are wearing sunglasses, which is a big pet peeve of mine for MoS.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I'd much rather see colour than what my 80 year old grandmother with glaucoma sees with her shades on.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Sir Kodiak posted:

I mean, the photo was taken by Zack Snyder, so he's not entirely irrelevant.

In a movie directed by Zach Snyder set in a universe set up by Zach Snyder, so yeah. Lots of reasons to 'barf him up'

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Monday Meeting notes 5098

The Earth is only a week away from being eaten by the sun. All hope is lost, humanity is doomed. Dragon Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought in indexing now.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Ah yes, who could ever forget the poignant story arch of the Tale of Two Martha's?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
So you want to look like Wolverine eh?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mutant-strength-hugh-jackmans-wolverine-workout-plan.html

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

seravid posted:

ITT goons making excuses to not workout. It's fine if you don't want to, but the Chris Pratt look is absolutely attainable without spending all day in the gym or being spoon-fed by nutritionists.

No you see it's all steroids.

*brushes Cheetos dust off of fingers, slams back a mountain dew*

It's just not possible to get that body.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah that trailer was sweet as hell. I don't know anything about the plot but Stephen Merchant as a weird albino mutant is some pretty inspired casting that makes me both excited and concerned. I've never seen him do anything dramatic before.

That's Caliban, a mutant that can detect other mutants. .

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Like, just make Strange English or his parents moved over from England when he was young, so he'd keep the accent and we wouldnt have to hear whatever Cumberbatch is trying to do. Easy. Pay me trillions of dollars Marvel.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Hat Thoughts posted:

Deadpool was a real bummer in terms of revealing what our messed up society thinks is funny

If laughing at a horrible scarred cancer riddled man jerking himself off with a baby sized hand and a stuffed unicorn is a mark against society then we really should end it all now, cause that poo poo was hilarious.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

What you described is more or less what happened though

:thejoke:

I do t just want to emoji quote and run but

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

That's what I'm getting at.

They have to hate gently caress something.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Maybe CelticPredator was being ironic all along!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
How much Sonic on Tails action will their be? Asking for a friend.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
The Watchowski sisters' Miss Martian.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Please don't be another bland movie but masked with a fantastic trailer. Hot drat does Wonder Woman look amazing.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
My buddy regularly reads x-men comics and I guess in one of the main story lines their is this giant fart cloud killing mutants, which is also resistant to every known power, ability and science, and so the only way they can 'save' everyone is if they transfuse inhuman blood into them. Thus they are no longer mutants, but inhumans.

I don't read the X men series my self but it does seem like something they would do.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Watched the trailer for the Beauty and the Beast remake and....wow it looks pretty bad. Did they even bother with motion capping the actor or is the beast just a bunch of CGI? His face looks like what happens when I think drinking vodka and beer at the same time is a good idea.

Even Belle'd outfits seem touched up and fake on her.

And even though this is supposed to be based on a French story and everyone has French names the only one speaking with a French accent is the freaking candle stick.

Not impressed at all.

The only thing I can say is that live action Cogsworth will terrify young children for decades. Those screaming night terrors of clockwork men coming to wind up the pieces inside them at night will entertain me.

Glad I can save my money on this one.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Barudak posted:

I'm not sitting through another movie explaining Romeo and Juliet laws to me.

If it has an extended and awkward as gently caress Chinese milk product placement, we might be talking otherwise nah.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I hope that stays as concept art because :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Doesn't it come back later when Gwen is resurrected that she had a kid and it's Osbornes?

• Locked thread