Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Detective No. 27 posted:

I would like to watch The Rock give someone a deadly Moe, however.

Dare I as who The Ray is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He sure didn't the last time he had a starring role which was in the Conan reboot. :v:

That movie sucked so bad. Obviously it wasn't going to be as good as the 1982 movie but like even on the most basic level how do you gently caress up "Jason Mamoa is a barbarian warrior and kicks a lot of rear end."

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

The next logical move for Batman with Affleck gone would be a Batman Beyond movie with Michael Keaton as old Bruce.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Cameron was talking about it being PG-13 too which is like, at least you could have had Robert Rodriguez directing a movie with tons of super splattery gore like the comic but not even that.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

teagone posted:

Think of the kind violence you see in the Transformers movies. Battle Angel will replace the blood with different colored fluids while still having cyborgs being ripped apart. Cameron's mentioned that. It'll still be violent as gently caress in nature, but mechanical fluids being splattered about instead of actual blood in order to keep that PG-13 rating. That's what I'm expecting since RR is no stranger to making super violent films. He'll at least be able to faithfully translate that part of what made the manga an entertaining read to the big screen no doubt.

Yeah I remember even in the late 90s/early 00s he was talking about how all of the cyborgs would have blue blood or whatever, it's just disappointing given how much the manga runs wild with ripped flesh on metal bodies like Cameron's own Terminator and T2 stuff.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

The answer to this question is always "no".

They did do a two episode adaptation of the first storyline and it's just so so so pretty much yeah.

But the comic rules and I'd recommend it to anyone that likes, say, Neill Blomkamp stuff. It was really ambitious with its world building for the time and has a lot of bloody action and body horror cyborg imagery that was really influential (that was itself heavily inspired by The Terminator/T2 even if the designs are way more out there than anything in those movies).

The comic's setting also has a lot of imagery like the tethered floating city that can be seen from anywhere in on the ground and the roller derby stuff that, like, I can understand why James Cameron would latch onto it as a dream project for 3D stuff. But he kind of already did that with Avatar.

I don't get the big eyes thing, like in the comic everyone has big eyes because that's how it was drawn, and it seems like a weird thing to make into a plot point in the movie? I understand them going for the uncanny valley but a big part of the comic was that basically everyone living on the earth's surface is either cybered up or otherwise off looking while the super rich living in the floating city can afford fully biological treatments and such that are smuggled up there from unsuspecting victims on the surface and/or criminals caught by bounty hunters there.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Is Whedon still directing Batgirl because :laffo:

A stand alone Joker movie sounds awful. Like After Silence of the Lambs came out and deranged serial killers were "cool" for that brief period where a kid could buy trading cards of Jeffrey Dahmer and stuff there was a Joker comic series that was the dumbest poo poo ever.

I think in that whole lineup the only things that I'd want to see are Suicide Squad 2 and Harley Quinn if they're able to get everyone back. Oh and of course Nightwing will be incredible.

What is Gotham City Sirens? Is that like Birds of Prey or whatever?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I saw a guy who had the smile tattoo on his hand. I thought that was really strange. Your favorite character is The Joker? It's even weirder when they have a girlfriend that's into Harley Quinn. What about this appeals to you? The abuse? You know they're doing some freaky rear end sex poo poo. I've also seen a shitload of Zod emblems on the backs of cars, what is up with that?

I spoke to someone who was into that once and she said for a lot of women that the thing isn't the abuse but instead the power fantasy of "reforming" or having a person be into you such that they're an abusive dangerous character but not to you. The idealized situation of if Harley Quinn actually succeeded in getting the Joker to give a poo poo about her instead of the status quo of how the characters are usually portrayed.

Zod was the last hero and martyr of Krypton I guess, Michael Shannon is amazing.

TetsuoTW posted:

Harley and Ivy's Lipstick Lesbian Adventure

That seems like a license to print money that I'm surprised they haven't done already. Clips4sale has been eating WB's lunch for a decade.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

If they wanted to make a change like that Uncle Ben should have been Keaton/The Vulture.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Captain America's unilateral blunder handling the Keaton incident before all of the facts were made available is even more proof that he should have signed the Sokovia Accords.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

The German company is Constantin Films, but they've always collaborated with Fox very regularly to distribute stuff in Europe or vice versa even outside of Fantastic Four stuff.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Top Gun posted:

So is Constantin the producers of the FF movies? What role do they play? Do they make any story/casting/creative decisions for the FF films?

IIRC all they do is get a producer credit in the movies and collect a check.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm 2.5 minutes in and it's already in Not My Superman territory. I'm gonna play some SNES games now instead.

Justice League Task Force and The Death and Return of Superman, as embarrassingly bad as they are, are still better than those videos.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The movie ends in deflationary and frankly ludicrous "blow up 3 sky-ships and all the Nazis leave the government! Yay!" videogame territory. It's moronic. No one cares, they're too busy analyzing the 17 ways that Superman's eyeline indicates he doesn't care about killing.

I hated this because at the end they do make a pretty bold move in that they have Captain America perform 9/11 on the setting's equivalent of the NSA headquarters. Like to their credit by MCU standards it's a pretty game changing ending, they just didn't actually change the game in any of the other movies. The worst was how then on top of that Tony almost destroys all life on earth by creating Ultron/etc. out of his paranoia and love of high tech military stuff and so he gets like this massive warehouse in upstate NY that the Avengers can use as their HQ and Nick Fury is just sort of flying around on a helicarrier like no big SHIELD is gone but back and I'm not part of it but the governments of the world are cool with my having access to this.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh they're already well underway on the video game trend but they just can't get it right so it refuses to take off, they've been trying to crack that nut since the early 90s. We recently had Warcraft and Assassin's Creed movies and in a few months we'll have Rampage with The Rock and a rebooted Tomb Raider. Apparently we'll be getting films based on Sonic the Hedgehog, Detective Pikachu and Minecraft in 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games#International_live-action_films

The same way the MCU taking off has lead to stuff like Steppenwolf and Guardians of the Galaxy and so on being in huge budget movies. If any of these VG flicks ever actually takes off it makes me wonder if we'll see people grabbing onto not quite as known series to make movies out of. Like we've had movies for popular and cult series like Super Mario Bros., Max Payne, King of Fighters, Double Dragon, Mortal Kombat, World of Warcraft, Street Fighter, and so on. It will be interesting to see if like ten years from now we're seeing trailers for an Echo Night: Beyond or Kizuna Encounter movie or something.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I didn't watch anything Inhumans related until seeing the clip posted on this page and now I looked at a bunch of other clips and oh man. :laffo:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Such daring vision, really on the ball.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I wonder if Ant-Man and Wasp will be partially in the past using the old Ant-Man and Wasp.

It's the Trump era, the Republicans own the government atm. It's going to go through faster than it should. I think mutants will be in the MCU by 2019 at the latest. Really would not shock me if reality gets remade at the end of the film and a couple of mutants are in the post credits scene.

They already got Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into the end of Winter Soldier and Ultron by calling them "miracles" instead of "mutants" so it will be interesting to see if Marvel works any more semi-Avengers/semi-X-Men characters that are mutants in the comics that way in advance.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

David in Kingdom Hearts III.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Holy poo poo. They referenced Elfen Lied? gently caress. Now I guess I really do need to watch Stranger Things.

Not all of it. :D

Honestly with how some things were recycled from season one and that they were mostly inspired by anime, they shoild just own it and go full anime repetition. Like every season Will gets possessed/taken by some otherworldly thing, Eleven gets angry about something and runs off to a different big city where she just happens to run into the same gang and helps with a heist, Paul Reiser is in some new deep cover program but then helps the good guys out and suffers no consequences for anything, etc.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

dont even fink about it posted:

I can't blame Hardy for this when he had Ron Perlman backing him up and the character effects were so overdone that you didn't even notice.

Perlman was horrible in it too and was in full not give a poo poo mode (not that I blame him). What a role. "I am not Shinzon." *walks away mumbling* "I am his viceroy." *mind rapes Troi* *disappears for most of the rest of the movie*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Atom's a good idea as well as Booster Gold. Maybe Specter or Deadman could be cool.

The original Specter would make a really really really awesome series if it was period, like Boardwalk Empire but with supernatural stuff.

• Locked thread