Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

I hope the Ogo rumors are true and they use Sly's face like they do with Thanos.
Ogo rumors? Is that like a character from the comic books? I tried googling the name and nothing came up.

Or is Ogo the source the Sly rumors are coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Gatts posted:

I'm still waiting for Ego the Living Planet as long as it goes like this.

Only if they keep the dickship. The arms race with DC must continue.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Comic Book Movie Megathread: The Godfather, because that’s a sprawling film with a lot of characters that tells very intricate stories

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The trailer looked better than the last one but I still can't ever get over the goofy BOTH GROUPS RUNNING AT EACH OTHER ON...AN AIRPORT TARMAC OR SOMETHING shot.
I hope the fights are a little more natural (like why would Iron Man decide to engage Captain America in a standing fistfight anyway? Hopefully there's some kind of reason there), but I guess they're simulating the "comic book style"? What if comic books suck though. Ever thought of that??? :twisted:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Weren't they specifically saving all civilians and only blowing up conveniently previously evacuated buildings in the other movies anyway? Was their level of material devastation to skyscrapers and fine cars available at your nearest dealership unacceptable?
Or will they be like, "Nah, it turns out a lot of people totally died. Isn't that GRIMDARK :unsmigghh: "

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

No. The only time this happens is when Iron Man flies the Hulk into the construction site, as Jarvis says that it's empty. Lots of people died in every other film, and even in Age of Ultron. When they evacuate Sokovia it's making sure that all living people are off the floating land mass, but people on and around still die.
You mean...they...can't save...everyone? :cry:

Also I thought Jarvis said something like "We bought that building and emptied it beforehand" but probably that was an absurd hallucination I got produced by watching Age of Ultron. A lot of it is a blur, to be fair.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

It's almost like.... it's trying to look like a comic book cover.
Yeah, I know, no wonder it looks so bad.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Boob Marley posted:

Money earned is not a good measure of quality, therefore box office numbers are not on the chart.
Funny though, money is a good measure of popularity, the very aspect upon which I have been accused of judging movies. Can't have it both ways.

Yeah, real good critical buzz...

Rumor of the Day: Why Dawn of Justice is making Warner Bros. 'nervous'
Well, apparently, test screenings for the flick aren't going quite as well as the studio hoped, and some insiders are convinced that's going to breed changes in the Warner Bros. superhero slate. Here's Drew McWeeny from HitFix talking about the issue:

"Warner is a little bit worried. This movie is starting to scare them. It's scaring them because they're showing it to people now, people are actually laying eyes on the film now, and the response has not been what I think they wanted. If I were going to lay a bet on how it may happen, Suicide Squad, they1'll go all-in on. They'll push all their chips in on that and I think Suicide Squad's going to be a hit for them. I think Wonder Woman will be finished the way they're working on it right now and they'll release it. I would be surprised if Justice League starts shooting when they say it's going to, and I would be equally surprised if Zack Snyder directed it."

http://www.blastr.com/2016-2-16/rumor-day-why-dawn-justice-making-warner-bros-nervous

REPORT: "BATMAN V SUPERMAN" RESPONSE COULD LEAD TO MAJOR SHIFTS IN DC FILMS PLANS
The internal response to high-profile DC Comics-based feature "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" isn't what Warner Bros. had been hoping for thus far.

According to a video report published Thursday from HitFix film reporter Drew McWeeny. This reaction has led McWeeny to the conclusion that if "Batman v Superman" isn't a major hit, it'll mean dramatic shifts in the DC Films master plan.

"This movie is starting to scare [Warner Bros.]," McWeeny said, citing unnamed sources. "Response has not been exactly what I think they wanted."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/report-batman-v-superman-response-could-lead-to-major-shifts-in-dc-films-plans

Anyways, I had a lot to think about during my 6 hour vacation and I reading back through all the posts I think I've finally gotten the gist of it with these two revelations:

1.) The MCU sucks and is bullshit because its fun and any idiot can enjoy it.
2.) Man of Steel is top level cinema because it just looks so cinematic, you know, like a movie, and it stimulates your intellect by forcing you to think of increasingly convoluted reasons for why you like because Dark Knight is the poo poo, gently caress you Marvel, you don't know about blowing up cities like we do, DC gets it!
le sigh im totally fapping to these hot comic takes homeboy diarrhea liquid poo poo

TetsuoTW posted:

Comic book movies are p cool, except when they're poop.
Comic book movies are cool when they're Darkman but they're never Darkman because Darkman wasn't based on a comic book
The tragic contradiction of all comic book movies

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Jack of Hearts posted:

I'm fine with all MCU and DCEU movies being garbage

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
He's got X by the Wheelchair! :ohdear: I hope he ends up okay. This is too scary for me to see the movie now, I hope Apocalypse has a policy against hurting people of disability.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That X-Men trailer is the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. I reached a state of spiritual ecstasy

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Holy poo poo I had no idea the lady directing Wonder Woman is the same person who wrote and directed Monster :eyepop:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Boob Marley posted:

Here is the full chart. Use it to create your opinions/feelings.

needs more Darkman

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
So is Batman v Superman like a mid-season episode of a good Saturday Morning cartoon or like a mid-season episode of a great Saturday Morning cartoon

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think we can all agree that videogames are bad, and you are all bad.

SHOT-OFF (what was it called? gently caress)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Now look, I can never not make Sam Raimi the shot winner of everything....but that is a terrible screenshot for Winter Soldier. At least find an HD version.
I thought that was the HD version.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Rough Lobster posted:

Who wins in a fight, Martian Manhunter or the Vision?
Goku

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Gyges posted:

I'll need at least 20 articles about how GRIMDARK it is before I feel safe to see it opening day. At least 4 of them need to comment on how this is Not My Waller.

It's a given that all articles will talk about how much Joker sucks because it isn't Ledger Joker.
will it be as GRIMDARK as FAMOUS DISASTER Fantastic Four which featured (Spoilers here because you really should give Josh Trank money to see this half-film, his career died for your comic book sins) BEN GRIMM BEING ABUSED, AS CHILD. AS IN, CHILD ABUUUUUUUUUSE, MAN..

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
WoAh did you guys hear??? Batman is DEAD

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Phylodox posted:

I'm not even a kid and I'm pretty pissed about Jimmy Olsen, too.
:lol:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Viller posted:

This was the rumor back when it came out.
Who comes any close to RDJ other than Evans in popularity in the cast?
It would be very dumb of Disney to keep him dead.
ScarJo is extremely popular in my household
For TWo big reasons
Her personality and charm
Get her bigger guns though

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, we could just make him the American Bond. just pick from some of the almost-rans
http://www.teen.com/2014/03/28/movies/actors-who-almost-played-captain-america/
per my main news source

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Man remember when Guardians of the Galaxy created the completely original idea of crazy antics to the tune of classic rock
Truly comic book movies have changed cinema.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wow trailer totally spoiled the Giamatti reveal. Ruined the movie for me, definite skip

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
TOTAL Deadpool copycat cashin bro, except at least Deadpool would have the decency to have been like "heh you just deepthroated a carrot, like. a. dick. Oprah Winfrey!!!" or something.
Thank you Deadpool for inventing the R rated action film.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
You should consider investing in noted insane action film and hero Darkman. It's got everything you plants crave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSMl31b3OKc
Plus a superhero...played by Liam Neeson and young not bloated Bruce Campbell, you say? Yes, yes I do. I say.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This is a lot like Peter Jackson bamboosling me into seeing that Lord of the Ring movie because he conjured up visions of rear end to rear end, electro shock therapy, and feeding tubes.

Rough Lobster posted:

Yeah but the thing is, Shoot Em Up is completely terrible.
I was going to say I should really revisit it and find out if the reason I didn't like it very much was because I'm fundamentally joyless or because it's not very good
I love the Crank movies though so I'm assuming it wasn't on my end
This is why it was a huge disappointment to learn I'd mixed up my director duos when I first heard about the Han Solo movie. Giving Aquaman to James Wan was just a half measure when you could have given him to Neveldine/Taylor. Hell I would have given creative control over the DC films to them over Snyder. Ghost Ride that poo poo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

There are tons of awesome comics out there. DC, Marvel, and otherwise. Kingsmen, Kick-rear end, RED, all great. Since your argument seems to hinge on the idea that comics are bad, I am going to have to whole-heartedly disagree. However, I do believe that the people watching these movies have by-and-large never read a single comic. Hell, many writers and directors of these movies/shows seem to have never picked up a comic.
Since your argument seems to hinge on the idea that comics are good I'm going to have to whole-heartedly disagree with ever bringing up Mark Millar
like I thought you were going to be like WOW WHAT ABOUT LIKE ALAN MOORE AND TRANSMETROPOLITAN AND PERSEPOLIS AND poo poo in which case I'd be like "nah comics still kind of suck"

hence why we all know the best comic book movie was Darkman, which was never a comic book (beforehand at least)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

You honestly think the 3 movies i mentioned are all bad movies? I don't spend enough time in CineD to be up to date with groupthink but I thought those were enjoyed by most.
I thought we were talking about the comics. As for the movies they didn't exactly blow me away but no I would definitely not call them bad movies. The comics blow though, as does any of the garbage peddled by the Millars and Millers and Garth Ennises which is what I thought we were talking about.
I dunno about "CineD groupthink" but I think that's just what everyone calls an opinion they read here that they don't like. which means CineD groupthink IS CINED GROUPTHINK OH MY GOD

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
drat I'm dressing as my dude dschinghis khan for halloween and just telling everyone I'm dressed up as DOCTOR STRANGE
what a fly outfit he's rocking
perfect EDC uni really

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The MSJ posted:

I hope the movie will have this scene.

honestly if the MCU started making canon spider-man newspaper universe movies I would swear them my undying fealty
Like a universe where Spider-Man gets hits by bricks and runs into walls and just stands there watching Wolverine and Sabretooth beat each other unconscious. He's almost like a Deadpool just without all the annoying insufferable poo poo that makes up 99% of Deadpool.
and who wouldn't want this plot arc:

this is a STONE COLD challenge to YOU Kevin Feige. Get JK Simmons in that Iron Man suit. Disney got a man on the moon, they can at least do this.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

McSpanky posted:

I thought I had, but when I saw Rocky Balboa opening weekend I drat near leapt out of my seat and shouted "COME ON ROCK!" during the final round. For a moment I actually forgot I was watching a movie, which was even more amazing considering that scene came just after a montage. That feeling was transcendent.
This is how I felt during Hardcore Henry, the ultimate sports movie (e-sports). COME ON HENRY, BRUTALLY RIP OPEN THIS GUY'S RIB CAGE AS WELL!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
so they're definitely doing the robot parents right
I'd enjoy a goofy Spider-Man-More-Like-Spider-Boy movie where he's just like, dealing with highschool??? and his parents JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND but wait they're NOT REALLY YOUR PARENTS
and he beats up an elderly man dressed as a bird

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I had my doubts but you brought up some great points

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
crosspost with some up to the minute batman news :ssh:

Rime posted:

How bad has Batman gotten? I remember the bridge bombing, and there was a firefight outside my hotel up in Tatvan, but Batman was super chill compared to Van or Doughbeyazit when I went through.

Batman is pretty huge though, unlikely something could go down there without it leaking out.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I kind of love this poo poo. I mean it's not like the Joker's some sacred cow. He's a lameass obnoxious character deified by edgy 13 year olds. This is what the Joker deserves. It's gonna be fun.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
wait since when can Tony Stark (kind of) hold his own in like close combat martial arts poo poo

He oughta be a useless rear end in a top hat outside of his suit

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
like he's just a dumb alcoholic technocrat, how does he have the reflexes to keep up with THE WINTER SOLDIER for even like 10 seconds
and why even use that gauntlet setup anyway (it does look cool, I guess, that'd be the answer), just go full suit, you've got like fifteen thousand of those shits. It's just asking to get your skull crushed.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

He shoots Bucky with two things that disorient him, and all it results in him doing is being able to control where Bucky shoots, and get a smack in. Then he's dispatched.

They've said that time passes the same in the movies as real time, so you can expect that Tony has done some hand-to-hand training since he became Iron Man. It doesn't seem like a stretch he can only manage one shot after hitting Bucky twice with things designed to disorient him.
Ah, okay then, I guess I didn't really get the sonic boom poo poo he launched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
yeah, all I care about is that it's got a pretty rad cast. Michael Pitt and Beat Takeshi. :getin: dunno bout the director/writer though...

• Locked thread