Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I hope the Ogo rumors are true and they use Sly's face like they do with Thanos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

He definitely meant Ego. That is an actual rumor.

Yeah, I meant Ego. My point still remains.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Guy A. Person posted:

Lol none of those quotes are contradictory despite the lady who wrote it (who obviously really hates Man of Steel) repeatedly saying they are.

Also laughed at "Snyder said Superman might be pushed to murder if Lois is in danger and we see Lois in danger in the trailer so get ready for more Super Murder guys! You heard it here first!"

Pretty funny read, thanks.

Seriously, just read the quotes of this article and not a single sentence otherwise and he has been saying the exact same (correct) thing the entire time.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

My favorite thing is that whenever comic book :spergin:s complain about movies, it usually has to do with how there's it's not canon and this would never happen and blah blah, but when Zach Snyder says he's following canon they flip out and act like it doesn't matter, it has to be done they way THEY want it.

Using their own word against them.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Spider-Man looks as bad as Black Panther looks good. It's probably his first costume, though, and they'll have a new one by the end when Tony gives him money.

I like the goggle eyes.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I mean he does call him Underoos, so I'm pretty sure it's supposed to look self-made.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

PLEASE tell me it's the same thing as in the comic.

It looks like Crossbones blows up the UN or something, judging from T'Challa crawling on the ground after the explosion

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Or, you know, you can just not be an rear end in a top hat and not assume that just because people see a movie differently than you they're trolling you.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Oh man, Quicksilver's scene is him running out of the exploding X-Mansion? Owns.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

He sucks so hard that oxygen from the surface comes to him in little bubbles.

Look I'll say this again: Aquaman is going to star Jason Momoa and be directed by James loving Wan. Snyder has a huge nerd boner and called into a local radio show while he was filming BvS to defend Aquaman's honor. Aquaman is going to be loving great.

net cafe scandal posted:

Im tired of Mystique. Mystique sucks now

:agreed:
You can tell they had to push her because it was Jennifer Lawrence, and she is just done with it. At least Fassbender looks like he's still trying.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Look at all those cars that are getting destroyed!

Yeah that was hosed up, they're like, disintegrating. I can't unsee that.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Scyantific posted:

That's kind of funny considering how many villains TV Flash has straight up murdered this season. Probably too "grimdark" even for Snyder's taste.

Also he's an idiot.

He's just being nice, the real reason is "lovely TV actors who no one has ever heard of can not be the stars of multi-million dollar franchise movies."

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Marvel is going full on Kirby/Lee/Ditko crazy with the cosmic movies. It is going to glorious. gently caress I want giant purple galactus and full on Celestials.

Can't use Galactus unless Fox dumps the Fantastic Four rights (which could probably happen, honestly, but they're pretty stubborn).

Maybe we'll get a thing like with Spider-Man, who knows.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

So, no, no :dance:ing here.

All :dance:ing will be ban on sight, correct.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I watched The Road to El Dorado at least 100 times when I was younger

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Davros1 posted:

I'm confused. All the Marvel movies are bad now in the light of BvS?

Yes correct that is the current CineD Hivemind, you must think this way or you will be banned.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Anyone who reads early reactions and expects actual information that matters from them is really dumb. Every comic book movie's early reactions are that its the best one ever, including BvS.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah, there's better directors out there but Jon Favreau isn't one of them. Christ.

Jungle Book is supposed to be really good

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Death By The Blues posted:

Going full on with the GOTG vibe in Suicide Squad

Here's a longer one
http://www.mtv.com/news/2865158/suicide-squad-trailer-2016-mtv-movie-awards/?xrs=_s.tw_main

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

It's not hard to believe at all. Fury Road was given extra money for reshoots as well because the studio trusted it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

Depends on who asked for the reshoots. Most directors, when they've presented the studio with what they feel is a finished film, wouldn't think it is a good thing if the studio asked for additional re-shoots. In the case of Fury Road I'm assuming it was Miller who went to the studio and asked for more money because he felt the film needed it, not the other way around.

Nope. The studio saw the dailies and gave him more money because they loved what they saw.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

AoU looks 200% better than Avengers but it's so god drat bland. I also saw it at midnight with my friends because I hate myself, and all of us left incredibly disappointed, even the guys who love all the Marvel movies.

I know it's anecdotal but I really don't hear anyone talk about AoU as much as people still talk about Avengers.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

Can I blame IMAX in any way for the various aspect ratios Nolan used for Interstellar? I find that to be jarring when I watch it on Blu ray.

I'm willing to trade a less-than-amazing home theater experience for an incredibly gorgeous 70mm IMAX screening.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

My reasoning behind spoilers is that sometimes someone wants to go into a thread and ask a question, ie "can I bring my kid to this without traumatizing him," or "I'm uncomfortable with [scenario], is it okay to see this movie?" Sometimes that person doesn't want to be spoiled, even if the page is 49 pages long already.

I like being surprised by things in movies, even if they're not entirely surprising. If someone goes out of their way to be an rear end in a top hat and spoil something for someone early on in its lifecycle, they're just being an rear end in a top hat.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I was gonna make a piss joke but I'm too lazy, please stop talking about pee, I think we've hit a threshold.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I guess it's back to talking about the big black space dildos from Man of Steel for me

Please, that's my favorite part of that movie (and I like that movie).

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I can't wait for a trailer to drop

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah how are they shoehorn Wolverine into an X-men movie.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

The MSJ posted:

The trailer for the R-rated animated The Killing Joke movie:

https://www.superherohype.com/news/372523-batman-killing-joke-trailer

Holy moly the art style is horrendous and does not fit The Killing Joke at all

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I wasn't exactly expecting Bolland, but, yeah.

Neither was I, but I was also expecting more than "looks like a rough draft storyboard of a finished piece."

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

teagone posted:

Is it kosher to discuss the leaked airport scene?

The movie's out, sure it is. Just don't talk about where to find it online. Use spoiler tags, though.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

What a terrible loss!!!!

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

:siren: FOR THE NEXT 3 PAGES, THIS IS A BvS FREE ZONE. GO TO THE BvS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT BvS :siren:

So I've been hearing a lot of positive about Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther and that makes me happy. I hope after losing Ava they realized they had to pick someone and let them do as close to what they want as they can. Coogler is an amazing director and I really hope he gets to have as little studio interference as possible. Black Panther action scenes directed by Ryan Coogler just sounds awesome.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

The screenwriter for Dr. Strange was going on about how little interference they received from the studio, aside from encouragement to make the film their own. Since this will be the first film entirely conceived post-Perlmutter, that has me quite hopeful for Black Panther and beyond.

I think a bunch of directors said this about their Marvel films, but you bring up a good point that I forgot about. I can't not watch something with Mads Mikkelsen in it, I hope they don't pull a Thor 2 and ruin their chance.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

i finally saw Civil War and yeah Boseman and Black Panther own. I'm glad they gave him as big of a part as they did, and it felt organic. Spider-Man felt shoved in, but he's Peter Parker walking off the page of a comic so I can kinda forgive it.

My favorite part was when Bucky says "I'm not killing anybody" and then immedietely rams a man through a wall with a cinder block, and then continues to murder like 6 more people.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Stacks posted:

I realize it's not the movies fault but that name is going to make a lot of people think of the band Steppenwolf. I'm probably going to giggle like an idiot when they say it.
No it won't.

quote:

What's wrong with Dredd? I though it was one of the better action movies in the last few years.

She doesn't actually hate it she just isn't as jazzed as most.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Sir Kodiak posted:

He was good in 42 and Get On Up, so he wasn't going to be the problem, but they made a way to make Black Panther an enhanced fighty dude that felt distinct and interesting. Add in Ryan Coogler and it's gonna be good.

That's why I was excited, Boseman's strength is being the best part of a movie with a lovely script. He did great in this.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Hell yes

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Avengers aside, no superhero has an established brand that the public trusts like it does Star Wars. Every other superhero film has lived or died on advanced hype and word of mouth from fans of the characters.

How do you explain Guardians of the Galaxy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Ah yes, MovieCreedLive, a household name for reliable information.

• Locked thread