Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Devin Faraci is a loving moron who needs to stop spreading rumor like it's gospel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ghostwritingduck posted:

I just watched Age of Ultron for the first time in preparation of Civil War. It wasn't offensively bad, but it didn't really hold my attention either. I liked Winter Soldier, and I am looking forward to Civil War, but Infinity War doesn't seem especially exciting at the moment.

I wouldn't be too concerned. Current opinion on Civil War is that it's a better Avengers movie than AoU or Avengers, and directed by the same guys who did Winter Soldier and are doing both Infinity War films.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

bring back old gbs posted:

Also they called in the John Wick guys to do a few of the fight scenes.

Pretty cool, really. They know where they could use the help and ain't averse to asking for it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Tony's response was completely human, which I think was a major plot point in the film, which is to say that it reinforces the fact that even though the Avengers are these super-heroes who come in and save the day, at their core they're all still susceptible to the same human flaws of the average person.

IMO, that's where Civil War succeeded where BvS didn't; the film humanized the heroes.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh god some idiot on twitter is saying "NOT MY SPIDER-MAN" because he swore.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Michael B Jordan joins Ryan Coogler a third time as he's cast in Black Panther

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pretty sure Sinister is only going to be a minor threat. The real meat of 90s X-Men is going to be Jean dealing with the Phoenix Force trying to take her over.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

In far better news: the latest Marvel rumor is John Boyega in talks for a role in Black Panther

Black Panther is looking better and better every day :allears:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/05/19/x-men-apocalypses-jennifer-lawrence-reveals-why-fox-should-be-te/

J-Law saying that she, McAvoy, and Fassbender are a "package deal now."

Holy poo poo can she be any more full of herself?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/05/20/thor-ragnarok-adds-cate-blanchett-jeff-goldblum-karl-urban-and-m/

Suddenly I'm even more excited for Ragnarok than I thought I could be.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Urban can definitely pull that sequence off if Waititi decides to include it in the film.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The best thing about the series is Matt Ryan. He's probably the best casting choice for a comic character since RDJ-Stark.

If you watch Arrow make sure to watch S4E04, where he guest stars.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

There was already zero chance we weren't going to see a significant amount more of Leto Joker. At the minimum in the Batfleck movie but likely even if they did a Harley Quinn spin-off as well. They didn't cast Leto as Joker and haven't been putting him front and center for a supporting role in Suicide Squad, if they are doing a shared film universe Joker is going to be their Loki but even more prominent.

This better not lead to live action Injustice because IMO Injustice loving sucked.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Karl Urban teased a "great story arc" for Skurge in Thor: Ragnarok, so really hoping that translates to "we're doing Death of the Executioner."

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rick Famuyiwa, the director of Dope, is the new Flash director

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So uh, Joe Quesada mentioned on Kevin Smith's podcast that Marvel has the rights to Namor the Sub-Mariner

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'm assuming you guys are joking but Routh is already a major DC TV character

That didn't stop the showrunners from getting John Wesley-Shipp to be both Henry Allen and Jay Garrick.

And with Routh they have a chance to make some sort of meta-joke about the whole thing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I love the idea that he's going to be called GYM Gordon now.

Zack Snyder you know what you have to do now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

At least there aren't any loving mutants to worry about. -shakes angry fist-

Wait, Quicksilver exists in the MCU now, right? How does that work? What about the persecution and potential for genocide? Or is he just not a mutant?

Pietro and Wanda are the results of human "enhancement" experimentation.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That logo has some serious JL/JLU vibes. I like it.

Basebf555 posted:

Is Steve Trevor going to make an appearance in Wonder Woman?

Chris Pine is playing a Trevor, apparently.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rumor going around that Michael Mando is going to be Carnage in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I want to say that the Arkham games did a better job of interrogation but then Arkham City had him beating the everloving poo poo out of Penguin to get info.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://imgur.com/9faleIz

First look at the Gladiator Hulk armor from Ragnarok.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah not a fan of BATTLE-ARMOR Barry Allen and Cyborg, but Wonder Woman looks dope as hell.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Who's the seventh? Gym Gordon?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cythereal posted:

According to BSS, Michael B Jordan has been confirmed as Erik Killmonger and Lupita Nyongo will be playing Nakia/Malice in Black Panther.

Asking as a non-comics nerd, who are these characters?

BP nemesis and former (now disgraced) royal bodyguard, respectively.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They most certainly did not waste Daniel Bruhl in CW.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Idunno but this gives me a Conan the Destroyer kind of vibe.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/AgentM/status/757242781291024386?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

First look at Ego's human form outfit.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

‘The Flash’: ‘Dope’ Actress Kiersey Clemons to Star as Iris West in Movie

Kind of weird the way the note is redacted though. ("likely to play"?) But is Variety so who knows.

Oh boy *grabs popcorn*

Real talk: Clemons was legit in Dope and she's more than likely gonna knock out the Iris role if it's hers.

Other movie talk: Karl Urban posted this. Glad they're keeping close to the source for Skurge.
https://twitter.com/KarlUrban/status/757539282152062976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

I will point out for the sake of argument that a historical event being very horrific need not literally mean that everything looked grey and overcast. The Great Escape takes place in a POW camp and it's colorful as poo poo.

That's probably more because it's supposed to be this daring tale of escape from an oppressive faction and is painted in a hopeful/vibrant light.

... Yeah I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, just the first thing that came to mind with the words "GREAT ESCAPE"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Comedy Option: Clemons is Linda Park

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

tsob posted:

Wait, there are actually pictures of this now? Or is it one of those unreleased Comic Con things that people have seen but hasn't leaked yet? Can't see any real pictures on a quick GIS at least.

Bit of both. SDCC teaser showed some early footage of Gladiator Hulk and the armor's been revealed as well.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJI-eYSgRR8/

So ya boy Henry Cavill just posted this.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Shortlist for the director's seat in Captain Marvel is out

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Don't even start man, DCTV is about to completely butcher the Prometheus name/character.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

that's good, his plot was done by season 2 and the one time they brought him back in season 3 was really dumb and pointless

That's because the writer's room for Arrow is stupid as gently caress. I mean look at seasons 3 & 4.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Here have a look at the costume without Snyde-O-VisionTM

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Excelsiortothemax posted:

No you see it's all steroids.

*brushes Cheetos dust off of fingers, slams back a mountain dew*

It's just not possible to get that body.

I know you're just joking but there are tumblrinas who actually believe what you said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm guessing that Logan will involve bits and pieces of Innocence Lost, Old Man Logan, and Death of Wolverine.

• Locked thread