Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Venom talk: I wonder if we're going to see a live-action rendition of Dr. Kafka that isn't a complete abomination.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Bebop is going to be loving terrible. We should all try guessing which turtle is going to try to out-street talk him.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 26, 2016

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Bob Quixote posted:

I dunno, how do you justify calling a white guy Khan Noonien Singh?

They could just re-name the character to something more western since most U.S. audience members wouldn't be familiar with the source material outside of the otaku set. Since pretty much nothing is able to make die hard fans of anything happy with a movie adaptation based on their chosen obsession then their complaints can be safely ignored.

Ricardo Montalbán wasn't a white guy. Still not fitting for a guy with a name like that, but you know.

\/\/\/\/ Forgot that movie existed.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 17, 2016

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

broken clock opsec posted:

Pictured: not a white guy

Just a picture?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tP5tZ_ekXs

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Apocalypse stuff
George Takei as Stan Lee/Uatu confirmed.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The iconography of the pearls wrapped around the gun was pretty ludicrous, probably one of those moments where it would have been better to not directly reference the comic

The slow mo doesn't help, because it looks like Martha is going, "Well, looks like I could only judo the gun to about here, because plot device.".

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

She wrestles the gun up to her face and just kind of lets comic book history take its course. She could've just as easily tucked his arm under hers and then broke it. The slow mo showing her loving that up does the sequence no favors.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 1, 2016

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Pretty much. The thought of Martha Wayne being a half-assed martial artist is worthy of a chuckle.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A Booster Gold movie is definitely in the works with Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Supergirl and Flash producer) attached to the project (as producer I guess?)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/flash-arrow-producer-greg-berlanti-892417

Trying to get that GotG money.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I like the animated Ditko eyes a lot.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

That FX show looks really good. Like, could be the best Marvel show ever good.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Batman Begins is the best, mainly because Bruce Wayne being dumb in it is excusable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

McCloud posted:

Doesn't change that the movie doesn't really do much with him beyond being sad and quippy though, great performance not withstanding.
That's the MCU for you.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 17, 2017

• Locked thread