Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

"Hey everybody! I'm looking for a date for the premiere of the movie. Any of you lady's interested? Click the Omaze button!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ha! Also are they still doing that whole "Unite the Seven" thing???? Since the JLA always had 7 main members. So far there's only been six, so did they get rid of the seventh member? I.e. no secret Green Lantern, or Green Arrow or Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

The coffin obviously represents someone who Died on Saturday.

.........Yes I'm aware Superman is the sixth. You're not gonna do a JL movie without a Kryptonian wearing an "S" in spandex underwear. I'm talking about the SEVENTH​ member. Early on you had posters talking about uniting the seven, since the Justice League always had seven core members. Unless you're counting the casket as the seventh member holding Clark.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

RDJ is good but they should just go whole hog and make him the villain or at least an outcast among the real heroes who still tries to help and do the right thing even when he keeps loving poo poo up. The fact that he's still the leader of the Avengers is dumb, as is him "mentoring" Spidey. It seems pretty obvious he's going to show up at the end and be like "you did good kid" when instead Peter should roll up to Avenger's tower or whatever and call him out for his BS then swing off to be the true lone super hero he should be.

Pretty much this, you have a Stark that is pretty much mainly responsible for creating Ultron, and therefore having a town dropped onto the planet, making Zemo go crazy with revenge, and then Stark trying to put his failures at his friend's feet with the accords saying they should all line up when really it's all his loving fault. No one ever calls him out on it, Steve turns the argument into something else entirely. I seriously hope that the Peter Parker in this film will be brash enough to call him out on his bullshit.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

teagone posted:

Oh what could have been:

:allears: I really like how they had to keep in the spit curl and give him a really pronounced widow's peak. Just has him look like he's going bald slowly.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'll always love the Rami Uncle Ben, because Peter is constantly disappointing him, and he does such a good job of being sad and disappointed all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also Cliff Robertson is a super good actor and his confused and frightened "Peter???!??" is extremely legit.

That scene of him dying and having that weak smile of recognition still hits me like a Mack truck.

Granted the Tobey crying face afterwards sort of ruins it but if that were my Uncle/Dad I'd have that ugly cry face too.

• Locked thread