Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He definitely meant Ego. That is an actual rumor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can't even understand a business decision like fighting JGL on a Sandman project. Like, you have top tier talent writing and directing your project. You have the original creator on board. And you decide to gently caress with it just so you can... what? Neuter it and water it down so much that you'll just end up hiring Brett Ratner to direct and Luke Evans to star? Good work on building a franchise, you loving idiots.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Then watch Scott Pilgrim

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

Spider-Man looks as bad as Black Panther looks good. It's probably his first costume, though, and they'll have a new one by the end when Tony gives him money.

I like the goggle eyes.

I think Spidey looks great in an understated classic 1960s kind of way, and Black Panther looks super awkward and dorky :shrug:

The line delivery totally sounded like Toby Maguire to me, though.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It looks great. Nothing will ever match the ASM2 suit but they wanted to get away from that design language. And honestly, this new suit looks like a genius 16 year old might have read up on screen printing and made it himself.

The costume seen here is supposedly the one that Tony makes for him, hence the fancy eyes. The homemade costume is a hoodie-based affair. Hence why he's on Tony's side at this moment in the film, but switches to Cap's later.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

It's a fine tradition created way back when by Secret of Ooze.

I've always maintained that Secret of the Ooze was 20+ years ahead of its time.

e: I mean, people really got excited about a superhero film with a ninja-weapon-wielding protagonist who doesn't take anything seriously and constantly breaks the fourth wall in 2016 with Deadpool. Secret of the Ooze did all that before it was cool.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 14, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's a great 3 Stooges movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Two out of my four are things I didn't even do. The third was for posting what a mod saw as an objectively incorrect opinion about pizza. The fourth was me being a dummy.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 15, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Alehkhs posted:

I guess I'll crosspost this here - never really sure which thread to pick:

More Valerian peeks:

Okay, that second picture makes me worry a little less. The comics are so visually interesting and inventive that the boring-rear end production design we saw last week had me dreading the look and feel.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Or, you know, Peter goes and visits Stark Tower. Or wherever Tony's New York homebase is now.

Wonder how closely Fox is going to be watching Homecoming's box office receipts for Fantastic Four. I suspect very, very closely.

Ah, yup! There we go. Now I can be excited.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 21, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Danny McBride for Lobo.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Guys. The Power Rangers TV show looks dumb as hell. The Power Rangers movie is also going to look dumb as hell. How is this surprising? Did you think this

would somehow suddenly look badass when it gets put on a big screen?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Red posted:

I realize that rankings mean nothing, and these articles are garbage, but come on. Iron Man 3 was a committee-designed turd.

I think you could give these 13 films to any forum member and you'd get a completely different list. These movies aren't objectively better or worse than each other, certain ones just hit certain notes for some and not others. I have my reasons for liking each over the next, but none of them are truly objectively bad - a bunch of them just don't work very well for me personally. Mine are something along the lines of:

13. The Avengers
12. Ant-Man
11. Avengers: Age of Ultron
10. Thor
9. The Incredible Hulk
8. Iron Man II
7. Thor: The Dark World
6. Iron Man
5. Iron Man III
4. Captain America: Civil War (tentative)
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Captain America: The First Avenger
1. Guardians of the Galaxy

For example, Iron Man II has tons of issues as a film. But personally I'd rather watch it over Thor, a much less problematic film, any day of the week. It's got some good action work, some really solid set pieces, I love Sam Rockwell, RDJ is always a blast to watch, etc. Thor just seems like a slough in comparison.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 11, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

That is a blend of their two faces on the right. All that image proves is that Mark Hamill's face looks a lot like Mark Hamill's face when also blended with someone else's face.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I don't even understand why they felt it was necessary to make it so that Howard didn't dick over Vanko's dad. I've watched Agent Carter, Howard Stark is a dick. A charming dick, but a dick nonetheless. It'd totally be in his character to do that, and I'm sure they could even find a flippant justification like "Sure, he invented it. But it was safer in the hands of the good ol' US of A!" to solve it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, Slattery and Cooper are playing Howard 20-30 years apart. I don't think ageing-up young, svelte 30 year old Cooper to look in his 50s or 60s would have worked out too well. I think both are great in the role.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
True, but Iron Man II was in 2010, which was Slattery's first appearance. That same year, the Tron Legacy de-ageing was pretty rough and plastic-y. I'd imagine ageing up CGI ala Hayley Atwell in Winter Soldier wasn't all that great either.

But goddamn did Atwell look convincing in Winter Soldier.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I know this ain't TVIV, but Agent Carter got cancelled. Dang.

Hope they at least close it out with a comic book miniseries or something. In Civil War her death really made me want some resolution on her story about getting with her husband.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I want the tone of a FF movie to basically be the tone of the cartoon Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Big, brash, fun, goofy, weird, and charming. Good sense of humor about itself, but still tells a good story.

I always loved Peyton Reed's idea of a 1960s-set Fantastic Four movie with a similar style to his Down with Love. Now that he's done Ant-Man he's shown he has the chops.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What kids were snatching up Killian toys anyway?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I figured out a way to solve both the diversity problem in Hollywood and to appeal more to international audiences: cast multiple actors of different ethnicities in secondary character roles. Then film all their scenes with all the actors in multiple languages. Then there will be different cuts of the movies for different territories that appeal to different regions! US audiences will never have to sit through the distasteful task of looking at another Asian actor again, but can't criticize Hollywood for diversity in their casting.

Whew. Problem solved. Where's my executive bonus :v:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

TheFallenEvincar posted:

wait, when negasonic teenage warhead turns 20, can she change her name? does she?
or is this a Lil Wayne type thing?
what if she's like 35, an experienced mutant in the academy and they still call her negasonic TEENAGE warhead.
years will pass, that's what they DO

Teenagers aren't known for their forethought.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Out of everyone suggested so far, I can see Perlman bouncing off of Reynolds the best.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Goldblum in a space-based road trip movie between Helmsworth and Ruffalo? So pumped for this.

e: apparently Goldblum is playing Grandmaster, an immortal, timeless elder god who pits powerful beings throughout the universe against each other for fun. Yes. Yes, please.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 20, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just read more about who all the new cast members of Thor: Ragnarok are playing, and according to Slashfilm Cate Blanchette is playing Hela.

According to that Wikipedia entry, Hela is the "Goddess of Death" as appointed by Odin. I'm not the most educated person about all this cosmic/Asgardian comics stuff, but could this be Marvel's way of creating a personification for Death for Thanos to fall in love with without having to pull that out of nowhere in Avengers 3? Folding Death into Hela to make it a little less silly of an idea?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh hell yeah. In the full Spider-Man: Homecoming rumor, they offer a bit about his costume updates: web wings, aka underarm webbing in the classic Ditko style. :cool:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I never got why this became so reviled. Yeah, she looks like she's striking a sexy pose and it comes off unnecessary and a bit awkward, but it's a still image taken mid-movement, you could grab any number of frames from any of the Marvel movies and find awkward looking poses. Is there something more to it?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

DrVenkman posted:

and they can't just not acknowledge it either.

Sure they can.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Cancelation, after mediocre ratings

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
gently caress those fanboy dummies, they're idiots.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It should be Brandon Routh.

They'll probably try to cast Matt Bomer though.

E: oops, another page. But oh my god that Goldblum character description is perfect. So so pumped.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 7, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Goldblum's acting is so distinctive that he should always be let loose to do his own thing. He knows his brand.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Seriously, how are so many celebrities apparently Highlanders?

Platic surgery and/or makeup.

Though in Stewart's case it's because he's looked old ever since I, Claudius and has simply been aging into his looks since then.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh hey, Donald Glover has been cast in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Presumably not as Miles Morales, as he's in his 30s now, and they'd probably want to save Miles for the 2020s as a passing the torch whenTom Holland has a few movies under his belt and Peter has Parker Industries to run.

But Glover's a really fun presence whenever he pops up, so I'm excited.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 14, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The MSJ posted:

I was confused since I read that as "Matilda", who is even older. And also really pretty now.

She's also in the storytelling/comedy community and is pretty baller.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Ah, here's some casting we can all get behind. Tormund Goddamn Halfhand is the King of Atlantis.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

wyoming posted:

Red Chuck Taylor's with white laces, only instead of the star logo, Spidey's head.
The soles have his chest spider logo.

Honestly think the Spider-Man costume on film would look dope if it added some Chucks.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

Hah, so it isn't just me who sees that then.

I was thinking arcade cabinet logo myself.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Chris Hemsworth nudity would probably make it the highest grossing film of all time.

Jeff Goldblum should probably keep a little mystique though.

Have you seen those buns in The Fly? Dude can get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Did everyone's publicists just tell them to be as edgy as possible in SS interviews? It's kinda sad.

• Locked thread