Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

the moose posted:

How the gently caress is that legal. I thought the whole point of the ACA was to keep people from having the exact situation.

The whole point of the ACA is to make sure insurance companies still make insane profits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Unzip and Attack posted:

Those of you with Facebook should go to Romney's page and check out the comments section under his speech announcement. Amazing.

This is pro advice.

WE THE PEOPLE :freep:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Bob Dole couldn't even scrape up enough juice to get the goddamn Senate to pass a purely symbolic treaty which enshrined the US Disabilities Act into international law. No one in the GOP gives a straight gently caress about Bob Dole.

That poo poo was so depressing

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Radish posted:

I can't get enough of people saying the GOP has to save the soul of the party. Trump, with his populist false promises, open racism and misogyny, and xenophobia is the soul of the party. I'm just imagining a bunch of strategists in some war room watching CNN crying "it's supposed to be about upper class tax cuts and making sure poor people don't get any benefits from the government. Why can't the voters see that??? :qq:"

40 years of chickens coming to roost is a magical sight to behold

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

Romney attacking someone for their inheritance...

To be fair papa Romney was a well-respected Governor.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I can't wait to read about this election. Historians are going to have a field day.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

"Health insurance company is the exact same as a concentration camp"

Oh lawdy dnd :vince:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Thanks for making my day bro! I love pissing off bankers, especially bankers with football avatars :waycool:

Actually I've sacrificed many things in order to satisfy my ideology! You should try it out too!

So what do you do for a living?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I'm a welfare queen.

oh word?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Aurubin posted:

Dear god, those comments.

...gently caress

:negative:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

:wtc:
Do you seriously not realize that this kind of attitude is precisely what's behind the sweeping down-ticket losses for Democrats across the nation over the last 8 years? Potential voters feel the party does not sufficiently represent them and your answer is "gently caress 'em, we don't need their votes anyway!"?? If I hadn't seen this kind of asinine, head-in-the-sand argument in real life from 'true-blue Dems', I'd suspect you to be a conservative provocateur deliberately trying to suppress turnout.

Is it that hard to believe that there is a non-negligible group of people profoundly distrustful of the Clinton machine's ties to monied interests and her weathervane approach to politics? Instead of dismissing their concerns and loving attacking them as naive losers, you could address the real and perceived faults within your party.

Yeah but seriously though, HOPE N CHANGE voters don't usually vote in elections that matter.

So blame the idiots that sit on the couch and don't vote during midterms/local elections.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

One cool fact to remember about this speech: this happened a day before bin laden was killed and the pres had full knowledge and had just given the go ahead before going to the dinner and telling jokes.

That was baller a f

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I'm sure catering to a small but vocal group of potential voters who only want things to go their way and if it doesn't they take their ball and go home is the winning strategy.

Maybe we can call them the iced tea party :jerkbag:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

oh okay.

mods please update the d&d leaderboards accordingly

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Idiots on le reddit

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

fishmech posted:

People who refuse to vote should go gently caress themselves.

b-but shillary :qq:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

A Poster: "how can we hate something that doesn't exist :smug:"

This except without a shred of irony.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I wish young people voted but they don't; largely in part due to the "my perfect Jesus candidate isn't running so gently caress it" mentality.

If you have some secret strategy to get out the youth vote I'm sure the DNC would love to hear it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Lessail posted:

I wasn't talking about the DNC :ssh:

oh? what were you talking about then? :allears:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:allears:

Owned by a garbage poster.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

there it is

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

As if I'm under an obligation to vote for whoever won the Democratic primary :allears:

Just because it's a two-party system doesn't mean you can't make a protest vote :ssh:

I'm sorry that asking for a candidate not best buddies with Wall Street is too purist for you? How about this, rather than get in an uproar over my lack of reverence for your sacred cow, persuade me that the Clintons' relationship with monied interests is tolerable.

Oh you're going to vote third party :laffo:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

Ha, excuse me for not realizing you weren't defining 'not vote' normally, rather than 'not vote for Clinton'. I'm not voting for Clinton, regardless. Sorry that the only responses I get on my criticism of her resemble that of A Winner is Jew, above. It boggles the mind how party hacks will handwave such blatant corruption as 'just the way the system works'.

I want to print this post out and frame it :allears:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

I said I wasn't comfortable with voting for someone who is super-cozy with Wall Street and the bees came out to defend their queen :shrug:

You skipped the part where you said that if your Perfect Jesus Candidate didn't win you're taking your ball and going home.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Lessail posted:

Remember: vote but do not commit wrong-vote

Voting third party is at best throwing away your vote and helping the other party at worst. Do what you want but don't act like it's taking the moral high road.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hollismason posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about.

There are plenty of people (myself included) who do not like being called queer due to the negative associations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

I've seen Q listed twice to cover both. The real litmus test is if you include a second T for twospirited.

Two-spirited is 2, noob :smug:

LGBTQQA2?!A

Lesbian
Gay
Bi
Trans
Queer
Questioning
Asexual
Two-spirit
Unknown
Genderqueer/gently caress
Ally - for some reason

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 5, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It's kinda like how Jew can be bad or okay. Am I a Jew? Technically. Can you call me a Jew? That depends on how you say it.

This is a pretty good way of looking at it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Unzip and Attack posted:

In a thread full of threadshitting, you are the champion of poo poo.

Anecdotal I know, but of the two dozen or so Bernie supporters I know personally, none have indicated that they won't vote for Clinton. I think many of you are seriously overestimating the number of Sanders supporters that will A. vote in the primary and B. not vote for Clinton in the general.

I mean we have one or two in this thread who have indicated that mentality (out of a hundred or so posters), and this is a very left-leaning forum.

:nallears:

thanks for the valuable contribution unzip and shitpost pages after people dropped it you have to get one last parting shot

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Unzip and Attack posted:

So what is the exact number of posts that need to go by before your individual poo poo posts expire and can no longer be addressed? I'm going to have to make a spreadsheet. Maybe you can tell us more about how DWS only gets criticized because she's a woman. That's one of your best threadshits you never ended up defending, but that's just the first one I could think of.

:allears:

(I want to print this post out and frame it too)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

My favorite Flint-related blame shifting is blaming the homeowners for not updating their plumbing/voting for millages to upgrade the city's infrastructure :wtc:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

My Linux Rig posted:

Can't wait to see how many would be Democrat voters abandon their vote after Bernie loses the candidacy.

They don't vote anyways so.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Unzip and Attack posted:

It lets Clinton supporters feel good about themselves since they can't bring themselves to get excited about her.

I'm just going to start keeping tally of when you well... Unzip and Shitpost

+1

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Unzip and Attack posted:

So what is the exact number of posts that need to go by before your individual poo poo posts expire and can no longer be addressed? I'm going to have to make a spreadsheet. Maybe you can tell us more about how DWS only gets criticized because she's a woman. That's one of the best threadshits you never ended up even trying to defend, but that's just the first one I could think of.

:yum:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

McAlister posted:

I'm plenty excited about her ... But if I show it in any way my excitement is used as justification to ignore anything positive I say about her ( esp the stuff with citations ) and people explain to me that she's not the least bit exciting and "nobody" is excited by her so I'm not actually feeling what I think I'm feeling.

It's a hell of a dodge to avoid confronting inconvenient information and change the subject from the candidates to me.

As a result I express my excitement in safe spaces with other people who are also excited and won't use my excitement as a personal attack against me. We are in the closet and we will come out like you wouldn't believe as soon as she clinches the nom. Go read r/hillaryclinton to get a mild taste - watered down for public consumption - of our excitement.

This

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

On the other hand every GOP Senator not named Mike Lee and every GOP Houser who doesn't eat at Tortilla Coast would be moving heaven and earth to stop Cruzmentum, both because they hate him personally and because they know he knows that.

Oh speaking of Mike Lee, he's holding up Flint Fed Fun Money.

rear end in a top hat.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

A Man With A Plan posted:

Secret Goon President Hillary Clinton.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I just wish all these people would show up for midterm elections.

We could have poo poo-canned Snyder :negative:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Why do you hate eloquent, funny posts that correctly call out idiots for being idiots?

Where are these eloquent, funny posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I'm still waiting for directions to the eloquent, funny posts :(

• Locked thread