Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I suffer through an eternity of smooth marinara because my girlfriend, though she likes vegetables, can't deal with the texture of an intact piece of tomato. I guess, realistically, I can probably afford to just buy my own sauce separately, but we don't go through it fast enough to not end up wasting it. There's not a lot of things more pathetic than an opened jar of tomato sauce from like 2 months ago that you forgot was in your fridge.

NotAnArtist posted:

as if ketchup wasn't sweet enough :barf:

I wouldn't be surprised if they add bonus sugar in the "American-Style" family restaurants that they have over there, which is usually where I imagine that particular meal being served anyway. That said, I'm pretty sure most commercial ketchups state-side already have HFCF in them because heaven forbid we eat a thing that's not sweetened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Scathach posted:

I totally thought those were pop-culture myths or something. The name is ridiculous.

In case you think that old-timey advertisement-paintings of kids are just horrifying to behold because of some stylistic thing, I am here to tell you that my grandparents' house contains a photograph of my mom making this exact face in the 1960s sometime:

only with a perfectly horrible little bowl haircut. I think kids were just inherently more hideous before nutrition science started to take off, or something.

Edit: I'd fight in a gladiator pit if it meant I could have some of that smoked salmon pizza monstrosity.

deadly_pudding has a new favorite as of 14:32 on Apr 14, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

piss and salad

No pizza rules

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Argentina Dog looks the best to me, because I'm apparently a bird of some kind who is attracted to brightly-colored foods :parrot:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No. Pizzaria. Rules.

This man is a genius, and I won't hear any disparaging words :colbert:

https://twitter.com/pizzasbatepapo/status/717086340295352324

This is so much better than any sheet pizza I've ever seen in America. It's your whole party platter on one monstrous bread disc.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
It says something about the history of American cuisine that I didn't even skip a beat when y'all posted the Potato Fudge Sauce. I had every reason to believe that, in Middle America in the 50s, that was a real product. A whole generation of people who are terrified of flavors outside the narrow spectra of "bland" or "candy".

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Is this the future where we've perfected food preservation technology? Because I don't know if I'd want any part of the chicken liver pate that's been sitting at room temperature in a 7/11 for 2 months while covered in caramel.

Also, why is the future obsessed with bacon

This one looks pretty good, though. Would.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

also lol at kids only taking one or two items and posting a photo of the lunch online as if that's all they were served that day

Yeah, this is a thing. School lunch is a total shitshow, but they do offer various sides that resemble a starch or vegetable. Sometimes there's even salad.

It's still a garbage meal, but the reason the program exists in its modern incarnation is mostly to provide an affordable meal to children from impoverished backgrounds. The National School Lunch Program was signed into effect in 1946 in response to the sheer gigantic number of military volunteers who were rejected for World War 2 due to stunted growth and other issues caused by childhood malnutrition. Of course, this being America instead of France, the budget is cut to a bare minimum and we get weird handwaving on things like, "Yeah, this ghostly smear of tomato sauce is totally a serving of vegetables."

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

That last one's a Hungry Man or something, doesn't count :colbert:

What's your favorite lovely frozen food? I'm really partial to those beer-battered fish "fillets" from Gorton's

Not really AFP, but I'm sure if I had a time-traveling camera I could take some pretty unappealing pictures of my college student meals that consisted of like one or two of these on top of a giant bowl of rice.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Iron Crowned posted:

I still like Deviled Ham and Vienna Sausages. I only buy them like once a year because they're pretty bad for you though.

I go through phases where I crave Vienna Sausages like weekly for about a month, and then a switch goes off in my brain and I remember that they are tiny balognas in a meat-flavored slime.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Yo dawg I heard you like carbs, so I put your pasta in a bread so you can eat while you eat.

Is this one of those things where it's not technically illegal, but also it's definitely not okay :ohdear:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

EorayMel posted:

Chocolate rain? More like chocolate pain!

:itwaspoo:

I need context. Did they microwave these?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TontoCorazon posted:

As he should.

Pizza nazi spotted :colbert:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I would probably not eat an armadillo on purpose. As a New Yorker who has spent a strictly superficial amount of time outside and/or in the southwest, armadillos are still exotic enough for me to categorize them as "magical and the best".

On the other hand, that's also how I categorize pheasants (they have fancy eyebrows!), and I will eat an unlimited number of pheasants.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
There's a belgian pub here that serves pheasant and waffles on "wild game wednesdays". I'd eat there more often if it wasn't such a clusterfuck. The first time we went there and had a pleasant dining experience was a total fluke; it was for a birthday party the night before Thanksgiving. All the other times I've been there it's been like packed wall to wall, standing room only, with people I can only assume are beer hipsters since there's like 40 other bars within 2 blocks.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

:staredog:
At first I thought the inside of the container was lined with plastic like a trash bag. That's just poutine gone somewhat wrong, isn't it. The cheese curds have all liquified.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

mds2 posted:

I follow Runners World on Facebook. They posted this videos for "tacos". What an abortion.

https://www.facebook.com/RunnersWorld/videos/10153437727901987/

Orthorexia is a fascinating condition.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
That's some kinda publicity stunt, right? You'd have to have like the world's cleanest delivery bag/vehicle.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

hallo spacedog posted:

That looks delicious. Grilled fish, shiso leaf, fried lotus root, slap some Japanese mayo on it and would so hard.

Coming down from the initial shock of the presentation, yeah I'd probably eat that as long as it's one of those fish with like nonexistent bones like a sardine.

Fuckin, I'll eat like a bucket of fried smelt.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Scathach posted:

Having never eaten an entire fish, I have to ask what happens to the poo?

Standard poop things. If it's that kind of fish with the really delicate bones, just chewing them reduces them to a fine, calcium-rich paste.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Data Graham posted:

I thought the deal was usually that if it's farmed, they keep it in a pond swimming around for like a day with no food so it's empty when they kill it.

If you catch it yourself though, lol

Oh! I thought he meant your poop, after eating bones.

Yeah, any fish you eat is typically gutted as part of preparation, if not beforehand by the fishmonger or whatever. There's no internal organs left in there. It's really easy to clean out a fish's body cavity. An expert can probably do it in like less than a minute on any fish shorter than like a human arm. You just cut it open down the middle on the underside, and scrape everything out of there. The organs are barely even attached to anything.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Eldercain posted:

This is my chicken piccata and oven roasted broccoli dinner that I feel satisfies at least why is it wet.

Thanks Nexus 4 for your terrible camera only making afp

Can we add "keyboard or PC on same surface" to the bingo sheet? Because I'll be able to take a lot more qualifying pictures then :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

That final paragraph is a goldmine for thread titles.

"NOT A RAW"

"Boil an potato"

"Modified slightly to not be loving awful"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Scathach posted:

Mmm creamy

Creamy Hamburger Stew did nothing wrong :colbert:
That last one, though, my mind is refusing to recognize as a food. It's going straight into "mess"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Have, in the past. You eat some pretty interesting things when you're broke as hell :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I'm what appears to be the fancy china :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Roro posted:

I thought that was poorly lit steak.

It's poorly lit steak, or some other kind of beef-like meat, yeah. I mean, it could be venison or goat for all we know.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Those cheetos are drenched in Hollandaise sauce, aren't they?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I could see this being OK actually. In Mexico they have a thing where you get spicy cheetos, meat, cheese and fixings all mixed together inside the cheeto bag and it's really good.

I'm going to go with cheap cheese dip/queso.

I feel like it's too runny to be queso. Whatever it is, it's some kind of horrible food abyss and I don't want anything to do with it :gonk:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
You guys are like one degree off from describing "spread", which is a prison thing :v:

To break the monotony of prison mess hall chow, there's an entire "cuisine" that revolves around crushed up chips and ramen noodles that you cook in the dorito bag. Basically anything you can buy at the prison commissary and then cook in water that you heated up in the microwave. Add tuna if you want there to be something besides empty carbs and salt.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

DrBouvenstein posted:

With Wolf-brand chili?

I'll hear no ill words about the chili that looks like it came from the hardware store :colbert:

I'm fond of the hormel chili in like a really misguided way. Chili cheese dogs are basically dog food, but it's so good. I am willing to overlook almost any food horror if it's in the form of a chili cheese dog. That said, it's one of like 2 forms that I'm willing to eat hormel chili in. The other acceptable format is chili cheese dip, which is the same thing but without hot dogs and on chips.

If I'm eating chili as chili, I drat well make it from scratch and use it as a vehicle for sour cream and Too Many Scallions.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

PCOS Bill posted:

I feel really bad for someone who can't cook meat through without burning it or drying it out.

PCOS Bill is a notorious food criminal, but I respect his dedication to his craft.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Does anybody have a lock on what Italian food was before the tomato? I know the Romans invented broccoli, so that's a thing.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sakurazuka posted:

I love it when food holds the shape of the tray it was just tipped out of

Every Thanksgiving I get super pumped because I have an excuse to buy a can of cranberry sauce so I can dump it onto a serving dish and have it still be perfectly can-shaped :getin:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

holy poo poo "genuine imitation real"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I can't figure out which one of these is sadder.

Also, I think we need a new back-up Bingo Card with squares for "food on bed or couch" and "food on same surface as PC keyboard", because there is a strong correlation.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

N.... no pizza rules... :ohdear:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

This was filmed inside a sealed doomsday bunker, wasn't it? Please save this man

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I wouldn't mind rolling it into this one, there's a lot of crossover anyways. We'd just need a new thread title that's up for the task.

PYF Awkward Food: Deli Sweepins, Gently Used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

chitoryu12 posted:

Going in the opposite direction, Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival for the past few years has had "frushi".

This is the 2014 version. Fresh pineapple, strawberries and melon, rolled with coconut rice, topped with raspberry sauce, sprinkled with toasted coconut and served with whipped cream on the side. They taste not unlike a Fruit Roll-Up.

I got excited when I thought this was some kind of extra-fancy Spam Musubi when I glanced at the picture, but then I clicked to zoom and read the text and stayed excited.