Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

The American way

I thought the American Way was to eat the entire thing plus dessert even without being hungry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Funyuns in Valu-Time Brand kETcHuP and MayOnNAiSe

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

That sounds fuckin amazing

Anyway:

Honestly that looks fine, better than Brazilian garbage fire corn pizza.

I need to get it in my head that elote ≠ huitlacoche though.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I just remembered that there was a video of these crazy guys making a flying jacob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvW2xeSn4As

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Google image search corn cob Peyronie’s disease

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

McSpergin posted:

Thos are the beans that old dude;s thinking about

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

dog nougat posted:

Those prices though :eyepop:

Yeah, from like 1958 or whatever, when they still listed phone numbers with exchange names; they were still grasping what this “pizza” thing was

Edit: yeah I was pretty close, it was apparently 1957

root beer has a new favorite as of 15:28 on Sep 14, 2020

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Well, to be fair, Rob Ford has lost a very significant amount of weight in recent years

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Are there other flavors of Funyuns?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Aw gently caress, I’ve been trying to repress that awful flavor from my mind, fuckin’ thanks

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

At first glance I thought someone murdered and dismembered their kid’s plush rainbow leopard. This is worse.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

"Lava cake!" (A pool of gritty chocolate batter in the corner with a stripe of mashed potatoes curling in it like the Spiral Jetty)

Frozen food brands must be [pretending to be] upping their dessert game because all I ever remember is the brownie with corn lodged in the underside. Corn. Every single time.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Look, I like raisins quite a bit, and lately, I feel like I am one of only a few left who do. But man, when you pull depraved poo poo like this, when you gaslight people like this, I get it. I get why people are Angry About Raisins.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

Don't know why y'all are scared of raisins. They add a touch of magic to anything you make. There's nothing sinister about that, please stop reading up on sinister raisin magic.

A big ol’ pot of raisins and cornstarch

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Maybe it’s the resurgent depression talking but, would

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

A whole group of Brandi Maxxxxes?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Okay? Shredded cheese over salmon(?) and veg-all... sure, enjoy your bland meal, guess I’ll cry about it? :ohdear:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

City of Glompton posted:

i love them and i am eating some right now

:same:

I like sweet pickles and I don’t like eggs.

It’s me, I’m the food weird.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I've had the german version. It's even worse than ours in my opinion.

Man I don’t know... It was twenty years ago so I don’t know if it still exists, but there was a brand of ultra-cheap knockoff “American” “cheese” that I once resorted to buying. Once.

I don’t even remember the taste, it was so bad, but what I do remember was that it didn’t melt when microwaved. It actually hardened. It shrunk a bit and became tough, like its density increased in the heat. If it were used instead of silica tiles, maybe the Columbia disaster could have been avoided.

I threw the rest of the package out after that abomination of food materials science. Yeah, I was poor, but some things are worth the extra cash.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I think these could have counted as vegan if such a thing were mainstream back then. But no vegan would be able to do the mental gymnastics to convince themselves they were actually good.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

spankmeister posted:

Are you sure you didn't forget to remove the plastic wrapper? :haw:

Haha yeah, that's what I thought at first. Then I stopped laughing.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Okay so maybe Charlie Kelly is marginally less insane than we think

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

Why would I trust the Scottish to make me southern food

Aren’t they notorious for deep frying everything? It’s not the same thing, I get it, but

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jesus christ those boys at the beginning; one of them probably choked on some loving mackerel aspic or whatever at their cousin’s confirmation in 1952

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

They make up for it with the Taste Surprise though

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I used to like Papa Johns but I’ve been boycotting them since the time Schnatter whined about possibly having to raise prices on his pizzas by like 10¢ because of his lazy ingrate workers and that communist Obama... has the quality gone down in the 10 years or so since then or had people been saying it sucks out of spite? I mean, compared to chains like Pizza Hut and Dominos, I thought it was honestly pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Jesus posted:

edit: well, what a horrible snype

As with the meme thread, PYF Msemen