Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

FetusSlapper posted:

AKA that fake rear end banana flavor you get from stuff like little debbie banana flavored snak cakes.

Isoamyl acetate :eng101:

Also known as honeybee alarm pheromone.

That's right, get a bunch of honeybees in a jar and give it a good shake to piss them off, and bam, fake banana smell all up in your face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

I...want to eat it. Am I broken? :ohdear:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

FFT posted:

also ramen with pace and sriracha, but this time with steak

and more water for the "broth" so it's not so damned salty

:c00l::hf::c00l:

Went with Sriracha and sardines + an egg.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

NLJP posted:

I'm starting to feel we need a ramen intervention itt

At least buy the spicy korean stuff

I live in rural Tennessee. I'm honestly surprised I can find Sriracha.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

BraveUlysses posted:

That must have been a pain in the rear end to clean up

Could be worse, at least it's a gas range. Imagine trying to get that out from between/off of where it baked onto the coils of an electric oven.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Swap out the Worcestershire sauce for mustard and you have my occasional "art" "student" dinners :smith:

You forgot the quotes around dinners.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

SneakyFrog posted:

pickled okra is a fine thing.

My wife hates okra for the aforementioned slimy goo, but if you don't cook it, no goo.

I introduced her to the spicy picked okra, and she loves that. So good.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

thecluckmeme posted:

It's New York style, and pretentious

Wait, what? Folding a slice down the center is pretentious now?

I just do it to eat a larger slice one-handed. :confused:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

uhmuhnah posted:

mukbang 101

Every now and then I just stop and stare at the insanity that is the modern internet. This is one of those times.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

poop dood posted:

why is no one else upset and confused about the presence of strawberries on that salmon/cream cheese/sushi monstrosity

I've had sushi that contained strawberries that was quite good so...

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Munchables posted:

I've never been to a white castle because I moved to the west coast when I was 7 but I for one like the white castle frozen sliders mm hmm

I ate the frozen sliders by the box in college, and then I finally had the real deal, and they're basically indistinguishable.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fruit soup :confuoot:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Peach O's loving rule.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

BaDandy posted:

It IS sad, and the lady seemed nice enough. :(

But anyway, back to AFP and my favorites, Horrible Retro Recipes. Like this!

This is so amazing I had to suggest it to CultMoo since they've done some other weird vintage recipes.

Onion/vinegar + cottage/mayo infused lime jello with seafood salad?!?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

CommonShore posted:

Yet another said "I don't like olives" and rejected it because it had olive oil

I hope you stared at them and said "olive oil tastes literally nothing like olives, you idiot."

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's oregano.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

olaf2022 posted:

from that article:

:stare:

I'm the :v: fish on the fish plate.

Also the pastry-topped jello mould.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Those photos from that article are pretty fun
:catdrugs:

Somehow missed the original article. I feel slightly better now knowing these are from some art piece. That first one though, other than the hands coming over the edge of the table is spot-on.

Nuevo has a new favorite as of 05:38 on Dec 20, 2016

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Like in the schadenfreude thread, I should know better than to ask, but what the gently caress did they think would happen?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pomp posted:

you don't understand

they do this every year

I was really afraid that "this is actually the desired outcome" was the answer and, well...

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Rollersnake posted:

Ughhh, this is giving me stomach cramps just looking at it. This is something my dad would have made, if he'd ever thought of it.

Lentil sloppy joes are pretty goddamn good, actually. I have to remember to make them again.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Rollersnake posted:

Also the potato & onion pierogies are superior. :colbert:

Potato and cheese sauteed in butter with an onion I will fight you.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

whiteyfats posted:

I think you'll find cilantro is the devil's herb. So loving gross. Mmm, a mouthful of dishwashing soap, that's what this burrito needed.

Actually genetic. My dad can't handle the stuff, I, otherwise his clone, somehow dodged the bullet with that gene. Stuff is delicious. Indian cilantro chutney? Yes please :yum:

also, lol http://www.ihatecilantro.com/frontpage.php

e: we have so goddamn many smilies

Nuevo has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Jan 1, 2017

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

This doesn't look bad it just doesn't look food.

I'm rather fond of cream cheese & olive sandwiches, and pepper on cottage cheese, so gonna give this a tentative would?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lysistrata posted:

I don't know what this is, but I'd at least try it.

Looks like a buffalo chicken bloody-mary-esque drink?

*googles*

Yeah, seems buffalo marys/buffalo betties are a thing, though none of the ones I found looked this..creamy.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Samovar posted:

Last year I saw a piece of Wendsleydale cheese's made with pieces of chocolate fudge on sale.

Turned out there was a good reason it was on sale.

Also, have a "steak" "sandwich"

Nuevo has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Jan 6, 2017

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

As it's lipstick I'd wager it's just nutella colored, if it was lip balm I'd imagine it'd be nutella scented/flavored.

Still, why.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Crosspost from the AUG thread. :pwn:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
I thought all grandparents everywhere = pillow mints :confused:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I've never had the chance to try it, but I love artificial cherry flavor, so I would be down.

Though it's red, it's really more of a cream soda taste. It rules. Oscar's Tacos up the street from me has it in the fountain. :yum:

cash crab posted:

Something about that final bear resonates with me on a spiritual level

Those completely remind me of the Go gopher:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
poo poo, I haven't had a hamspread sandwich in aaaaaages. I'll have to remember to make that at some point.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

looks like either a tool video, or about to be shocked to life and start panting "kill me" in a shoe-ish way

Yeah, meat with stitches is especially unappetizing and evocative of the undead. Ugh.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

teenytinymouse posted:

What is hamspread

Plinkey posted:

The ham salad looked exactly like this:

e: my mom would make it by running ham through one of these guys while one of us kids cranked:

Then you just add mayo and celery. You can get fancy and do ham & egg salad by tossing in a few chopped hard boiled eggs as well.

It looks terrible but I always liked it.

Nuevo has a new favorite as of 17:10 on Apr 22, 2017

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fastball LIVE in concert posted:

When I asked for "easy on the cheese" I didn't mean EZ cheese!

You asked for it.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

RoboRodent posted:

Casu marzu is a fine example of "this food is poo poo but we're poor and hungry and this is what we have so we're going to convince ourselves that it's amazing." It's probably the best example, really.

I dunno, hákarl is pretty dire.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

elise the great posted:

I have a friend who only eats cottage cheese with a huge drift of black pepper on top. He thinks fruit and cottage cheese sound like a gross combination. I think he must have brain cancer

I do the mountain of pepper thing, but it's also dope on peaches & with pineapple :shrug: (no pepper in those cases)

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Polyseme posted:

It's not götta?

Hirayuki posted:

Not in southern Ohio it isn't. :patriot:

Yeah, it's from German immigrants, but Americans gonna American.

Cincinnati also has a really kickass Oktoberfest which I lucked into being in town on business for.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

uPen posted:

Gonna make peanut butter bacon hot dogs now, thanks.

Food truck that shows up semi weekly does a "Hippie Dog." Foot long beef frank with peanut butter, crumbled bacon & Sriracha. poo poo's amazing but that's pretty much all the calories you need for the whole day.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

pienipple posted:

I've heard it described as basically silverskin, veins, and blood clot.

Well it's basically a huge capillary mesh, so yeah, sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

That's not a skunk, it's got rodent teeth. Probably a groundhog.

Still horrifying.