Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This but every team but mine

Fancy in 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Timbers need shooting practice

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Seattle will lose to Vancouver and then play the red hot Impact and lose there too. 0-4 here we go

So glad to see you sharing your special brand of love to new teams.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

HR at work said they got a sweet deal on taking us to a timbers game.

I checked the date and it's the Thorns.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

African AIDS cum posted:

I warned you all about this

So what you're saying is this will never happen as advertised?

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Welcome to GBS posted:

Cleaner than whatever poo poo team you follow.
Timbers fans ITT are not on your side, but please continue.

:munch:

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

metal flask -> plastic flask

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Gigi Galli posted:

It's always been badly designed but maybe green for Earth day?

When you win the cup you get to pick the colors.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

the escape goat posted:

timbers are sponsored by an airline and they regularly fly coach with multiple layovers. they didn't even get to fly on the timbers-branded plane til they went to the final!

[img]Sounders Eddie Johnson boarding Timbers plane[/img]

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Syncopated posted:

What is he carrying?

minigun .50 cal

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

MLS vs Pep, let it ride

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

http://www.timbers.com/cupondemand

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

African AIDS cum posted:

Haha that lovely retard homesick baby Lucas Melano makes 760k per year. So thats *whips out calculator* 1.52 million per goal
The team needs goals that badly.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

That guy has potential.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

highme posted:

You guys probably know this already, but Borchers snapped his Achilles on Saturday and is out for the season at the least.

Also it looks like Portland will be signing Steven Taylor from Newcastle as well.
We've lived by the Borchers and died by the Borchers enough that I feel bad for the guy but am not totally distraught about our prospects.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Tigren posted:

In stupid All Star related news, Liam Ridgewell, who sat out of Portland's last game due to injury, will be suspended from their next game because he's sitting out of the All Star Game.
Yes, noted ASG dodger Liam Ridgewell. Great job MLS.

I was thinking that if someone played in the ASG the year prior and misses either the game prior or game after the break in the current year, they should be allowed to skip.

So the only people who would be suspended are those who miss 2 ASG in a row and play in the game prior to the break.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Shrapnig posted:

Actually I think you should be allowed to skip the All Star Game for no reason at all because it's a stupid and antiquated concept that makes MLS look like even more of a Mickey Mouse league than it's already perceived to be.

As long as this applies to fans too I think we're fine.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

He's not in it for the money. He just wants to play against Will Johnson one last time.

Also, Seattle can get into playoff position tomorrow.

porkface fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 28, 2016

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Melano's transfer fee is reportedly near 5 million dollars, that's a flashy purchase in our dumb little league and exactly the kind of buy Xyrloc was talking about when he mentioned MLS teams perpetually spending big on one dude when they should probably spend less on several. It's not "aging European star" like other teams but fundamentally it is still spending a ton of money on a single player when a team would likely be better served spending that money on a couple of players instead.
Are you saying teams should not spend big dollars on individual players?

Every other sport does this, why shouldn't MLS?

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Jack2142 posted:

IS SKC actually in Kansas or is it in Missouri? I then again both states are abysmal so it doesn't really matter.

States, sure. But KC, MO is not really abysmal.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

As a Timbers fan, that is awful news.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

It's hard for me to see them investing in advancing in the CCL over simply making the playoffs in MLS.

That match Saturday is essential for the latter, so tonight they pretty much have to go with scrubs plus Chara and Ridgewell who are both suspended Saturday for Yellows.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

He couldn't really hack in it England and he's going to find that he won't here either. He's Gerrard 2.0. Great when he's there, but gone for most of the season with injuries.

Is Will Johnson still playing?

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

the escape goat posted:

he's great at making plays and being too nice. he's gonna get hacked down constantly, become homesick, and be stateside again within 2 seasons.

He's the #1 most fouled player in MLS (or very close to it), and he's probably able to run circles around most international sides. The problem is all he does is run circles around guys mid-field and cause just enough chaos to make a few plays for other guys. He's got a solid shot but rarely uses it.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

BraveUlysses posted:

can i stream today's sounders game without an account with comcast/frontier? watchespn looks like it requires a cable account but i'm willing to subscribe for a month to watch today's game

You can get watchespn with a Sling subscription. And you may be able to get a trial.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

foobardog posted:

I guess technically, Centurylink is a soccer stadium...

But seriously, how would pro/rel work for franchises with team 1 and team 2?

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

It's Cup day, I'm hyped.

Hopefully Jozy falls down in a way that knocks the ball into the goal in a legal fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Crazy Ted posted:

That was...not the best advertisement for soccer, but hot drat Frei was good.

That was the MLS brand. It was rough as hell and equally matched, but far from artful. I enjoyed it because both teams played very stingy and fought hard, and honestly the biggest flaw was the officiating. And even that was by no means at its worst.

Shootout for a cup is weird, but it's no worse than Portland fooling the keeper and getting a goal on a confusing play.

Bottom line, I had fun so gently caress the haters.

• Locked thread