Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's 2016 OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DOOP posted:

The Union added a whole bunch of dudes who I may or may not know and I hope at least some of them are good

:smith:

I hope you lose all of your games and your stadium burns down.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This but every team but mine

To be fair if there's any stadium that should burn down it's yours.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fucitol posted:

i'm going to promote the idea of suicide so certain people can relegate themselves to hell

You should lead by example.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Welcome back, MLS.

This makes me feel better about my body image.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

A representative from the Union called me today to ask about my "Union experience"

That was a fun conversation.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Did it sound like he was chain smoking and polishing off a fifth of Jack during the call? That'd probably be the only I could get through making those calls all day, and I don't like either of those things.

No, it sounded like a bright eyed early 20s female "social media representative" who knew nothing about MLS or soccer so I'm assuming she posts in this thread.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Jerseys are awesome if you're in hot conditions and doing physical activities, which I often am

in MLS related stuff, getting a Perry Kitchen Hearts shirt is actually cheaper than a DC United shirt of any kind, because MLS still thinks this is a lifestyle brand for moneyed whites and not a working-class sport for industry and immigrants

Things I learned today, Perry Kitchen is playing Scotland and The Beast now plays for Orlando, and is 34. That makes me feel old.

Also that Aurelien Collin is making $500k to be not very good at soccer, so he'll fit right in with the Red Bulls.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Was Taters posted:

Was it one of Twellman's old ones?

Hoover is a small lady but even she isn't fitting into a boy's medium.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Syncopated posted:

What is he carrying?

GRIDs

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

So they've invented a trophy for DC-PHI since clearly the league would rather emphasize the NYisGAY rivalry over the first blood rivalry in league history

DC has graciously given us the choice of voting for the I 95 Cup, Colonial Cup and some other lame poo poo

We suggested the FO Trophy

This is stupid and I hate it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

As much as I hate everything about Philly I'd much rather the Red Bulls beat DC and New England every season.

Those are the teams I grew up hating. And LA obviously because gently caress them. Also Bruce Arena and Steve "loving" Sampson.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Post that immediately

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Welcome to GBS posted:

I can't believe I agree with this guy on something. Is Colorado winning the SS bigger than Leicester winning the EPL? No, but it should be.

Shut up.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hunter Jumper should sue his parents for his stupid loving name.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jesus Christ, more people watch The Sports Reporters.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

So some guy is claiming on Twitter that Zlatan is leaving whatever team he's on in like 2 hours and going to the Galaxy.

So take that with however many grains of salt you need.

edit: Now it's like 3 or 4. Who knows if it's just one giant circular confirmation shitball though.

So is it you who doesn't know what team one of the most famous players in the world is playing for or are you quoting someone else?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Ah yes, but you see, his hold up play

Explain to me how you pull your hamstring taking a penalty.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Somebody on reddit went through and graphed (with some error) the area accessible by each team's stadium by public transit within 45 minutes:

http://imgur.com/a/5feFI
(Thread)

Cascadia Uber Alles :smug:

A longer train ride just means more drinking on the train. I fail to see a problem with this.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Imagine having to choose which New York MLS team to root for: the one named after an energy drink, or the one that's a partnership between Abu Dhabi oil money and the loving Yankees

They were a club before the energy drinks you know.

Also, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*Deep breath*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Not minor league at all, doesn't sound a thing like a focus group designed 90's women's league experiment

Imagine waiting 21 years to be better than someone you hate

Dallas Burn
Kansas City Wiz
Miami Fusion
Tampa Bay Mutiny
San Jose Clash
Columbus Crew

Chivas USA
Sporting Kansas City
Real Salt Lake

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It's pretty funny, I have had so many arguments with DC area bloggers about our acquisitions, player fitness etc. They always make these bullshit arguments as if DC doesn't ruin everything is touches and generally make bad choices. "Oh, Halsti is a great player, he'll be a key player for us moving forward as we build" and all of that. Once again they are proven to be wrong. Birnbaum is definitely gone, he is too smart and talented and his representation is too smart and talented to allow him to languish. Hamid will return and be mediocre following his surgery and time off. He'll likely try to jump ship too. Acosta, the mediocre midfield maestro will also likely be gone by the Summer. Things are looking bright.

Seek help.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

They sit in the same section as me at games turd ferguson.

Find a new seat.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

They all look alike soccer players

Actually that picture is a pretty clear indication that nobody gives a poo poo about former Manchester City players.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

He's really fallen off

He pretty much just turned into Dane Richards.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Are any of you fags going to the "Hudson Derby" or whatever the gently caress they're trying to call this poo poo tomorrow?

There's about an 80% chance I'll be there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DOOP posted:

What's Peter Nowak doing these days

Managing a team in the Polish First Division.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

They should give him a medal.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tigren posted:

In stupid All Star related news, Liam Ridgewell, who sat out of Portland's last game due to injury, will be suspended from their next game because he's sitting out of the All Star Game.

MLS sucks.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

porkface posted:

Yes, noted ASG dodger Liam Ridgewell. Great job MLS.

I was thinking that if someone played in the ASG the year prior and misses either the game prior or game after the break in the current year, they should be allowed to skip.

So the only people who would be suspended are those who miss 2 ASG in a row and play in the game prior to the break.

Actually I think you should be allowed to skip the All Star Game for no reason at all because it's a stupid and antiquated concept that makes MLS look like even more of a Mickey Mouse league than it's already perceived to be.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I don't understand

We keep getting younger and signing Africans instead of getting older and signing Americans

You've become ArsenalMLS.

Enjoy your above average finishes for the next 10 years without winning anything meaningful.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Nothing of value was lost. Kamara is destined to die in a football game and I'll be damned if it happens on my poo poo heap team.

Whenever anyone plays at RFK they die a little, at least inside.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

quote:

With a target of 28 teams, league officials are talking with a number of prospective cities, including Sacramento, Detroit, Cincinnati, San Diego, St. Louis, San Antonio, Charlotte and Oklahoma City.

Fucks sake, why?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

We've signed a fast Austrian winger in his 20s. I hope he's better than the fast argentine winger in his 20s that we spent a lot of money on.
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post/2016/08/02/new-york-red-bulls-complete-transfer-austrian-international-daniel-royer

Welcome to the team Royer

I like him already.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Paddyb posted:

The Fire signed that Armenian kid. Word on the street is he's got a real nose for the goal.

Edit: I just don't care anymore.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Paddyb posted:

Did I get Albania and Armenia mixed up again

No, Soulex would let you know about that.

I was going to make a joke but then realized I was in the MLS thread.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

It's never a bad time to remind people that Charlie Davies is not an inspirational story, but a cautionary tale of not being a piece of dog poo poo. gently caress him. I hope he gets traded to the Ventura County Fusion and eaten by stray cats.

This forever.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Seattle has going away parties. DC has overnight crews chopping down posters of you as you leave.

This is the one time I'm going to agree with the way DC does things.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Now That's Gully

Also it sounds like he needed some Jesus and yet he was in the hometown of the mighty Mississippi Brilla.

I too looked at his Wikipedia page because I had never heard of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I only know because the headline had Clinton MS. I know that town because of the Only Team In Mississippi.

Let's make jokes in the MLS thread. Live dangerously and without regrets.

Last time I tried to make a joke here I got probated. Hold me Fancy, but don't cross the line.

• Locked thread