Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Various people posted:

BDO: i didnt get past level 1.
I don't believe it. Just running up and talking to the first village chief gets you to level 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

1. The default UI is awful, but it can be managed by rearranging or hiding the stuff you don't need with the Edit UI button in the menu.

2. The classes use different combos and have a different feel to them. Did you try anything else? Did you try using a gamepad?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 23, 2016

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The default UI is garbage for almost every MMO so I don't know what you were expecting. :jerkbag:

An in-game editor already puts it ahead of games that rely on third-party mods.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 23, 2016

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

More inexplicable UI decisions: GW1 has an in-game editor, GW2 has nothing.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I've played a metric fuckton of lovely MMOs, including a few in languages I cannot read or don't speak like Moonlight Blade in chinese and PSO2 in japanese. I played Age of Wushu and got past that UI, even. BDO's is so much worse that I couldn't make it past 5 minutes. Is that enough of a picture of what I was expecting versus what I got?
Just :lol: if you think Age of Wushu had a better interface, you can't even edit that one.

More likely your patience for this crap finally ran out

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Brave New World posted:

That's likely the case for a lot of people. That said, the ubiquitous complaint I keep hearing about BDO is "lovely UI". You can usually trust the zeitgeist on these things.
This is easily fixed, though. Which is why I keep bringing it up.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Why, the solution is so obvious you had to tell him about it!
if the fix was obvious it wouldnt need mentioned, so what is this, a cheap jab? :psyduck:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 24, 2016

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

GW1 had a decent layout and in-game editor. Warhammer Online had an in-game editor and WoW style add-ons

Nothing else really comes to mind.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

WAR had a lot of great stuff, shame they didn't give it enough time to cook.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Mung Dynasty posted:

The UI doesn't bug me so much as the combat. I did the training quest and stuff but I have literally zero idea how the combat works, other than it's got combos and the buttons you use are spread, seemingly arbitrarily, across your keyboard and mouse. Letter keys, number keys, and mouse buttons alike are required in combat basically from level 1. Tried to play with a gamepad but it still felt really wonky.
Uhh change the keybinds?

I don't like combos on the keyboard so use a gamepad with custom keybinds.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Warhammer Online would probably still exist if it had more than 2 factions and a bit more shine and polish. The core gameplay and classes were pretty fun, but the leveling got tedious and having two factions just meant that usually one faction was always steamrolling the other.
Yea I liked the setting and gameplay a lot but the content felt stretched thin across an oversized world.

Only a few good scenarios and whenever you got off your faction's beaten path there would be nothing there for you since they confined open world pvp to small rvr lakes.

E: Also I can't remember any worthwhile Elf zones or scenarios. What a garbage race.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 1, 2016

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Yea. GW2 quests are the followup to Warhammer Online public quests and kill collectors (as originally hyped by Paul Barnett)

Meskhenet posted:

Yeah i liked this in GW2. But it makes sense. You would normally end up talking to the quest giver at some point. So rather than the 'kill 10 orcs',
'ive killed about 50 on the way here'
'thats nice, kill 10 orcs.'

Its more like.
'Kill 10 orcs'
'Oh, ive killed about 30 on my way here.'
'Oh good, here's a reward.'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOrSr6Q3_o

Jackard fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 21, 2016

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Yapping Eevee posted:

But yeah, there's not been a single trace of ERP I've seen in all my time playing. Amazing for an MMO, I know.
Can we really trust someone named after a Pokemon

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

You're a real Jackard, you know that?
Just Asking Questions :tipshat:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

mallamp posted:

Anime improves everything if youre a nerd
If you arent a nerd you probably shouldnt be dabbling with mmorpgs
Slow pacing and cheap animation improves everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

spudsbuckley posted:

That guy posted a bunch of bitter tirades about the game in the main thread for it as well. It's ok that he doesn't like it but he is borderline obsessed about telling everyone about it.
All part of the MMO HMO healing process

• Locked thread