Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

shadow mewtwo unlock card is just a temporary instant unlock, you can unlock him normally in any version of the game and you have to to get him permanently. i think its just through playing arcade mode or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Gaffle posted:

Suicune fights by slapping you with its butt ribbons. What's up with that

theyre tail ribbons

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

im having a great time playing as braixen and attacking from the opposite side of the screen

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

training mode tips: zl and zr let you instantly switch between field and duel phases, holding a direction on the dpad while pressing them lets you instantly set the position of you and the training dummy

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

hitmontop should be in over hitmonlee or hitmonchan because he can be the eddy gordo analogue

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

I would choose, if I had the power, either Doublade or Aegislash, or Meloetta for cool stance changing mechanics which I think would fit the game nicely. Meloetta could be something like Aria in Field and Pirouette in Duel or switch stances whenever. I think it'd be fun.

i like the meloetta idea, that makes sense and would be cute

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Tips for getting in on folks/closing the distance with Machamp?

learn how to counter attack dash cancel. if you do it right you can tank any hit other than grabs and just work your way forward, its very similar to FADCing in sf4

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Spintzel posted:

I played an online match against a Braxien that ran away and slammed fire shots in field phase for the whole two matches. Braxien is god tier

that was me

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

braixen is just having a great time. yahoo!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

someone tell me how to deal big damage with braixen because im getting really sick of putting in a ton of work to get my opponent to 1 hp and then dying in two hit confirms

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i really dont like fighting lucario but it might just be because im not yet used to him. i always think im out of his range but then he suddenly spawns a bone and hits me, and it hits above him too.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i got a machamp player to ragequit after perfecting him without ever leaving field phase. that made me feel good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

The Gorp posted:

I mean, I kinda feel bad for him. I shouldn't but I do.
What character were you as you pulled that off?

braixen. i dont see any way machamp should ever win that matchup when played correctly, he has no way to get in. even if he tries to cadc through you can punish the dash. and he has to do it so many times

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Braixen:
↑ Flame Charge: Now more easily avoids lows.
↑ 5XX: Second hit now allows for combo follow ups.
→ Burst Attack: The attack can no longer be interrupted by a support Pokemon if you have already landed the hit. However, no longer can guard break.

thaaaank god for this and the cresselia change. the mewtwo nerfs are appreciated as well

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

darkrai looks wild, i'm ready for this

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Dizz posted:

So are they just gonna remove the Croagunk assist or what?

there is only one croagunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

nice. wheres the trailer though

• Locked thread