Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

i agree with brundle in that this format is dumb and bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

hee hee hee :]

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The big story of this race is the USA coming into F1 and showing the euro-poors how easy it is to get competitive. How many seasons did we see those poo poo new teams bringing up the rear and desperate for points?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Kataphract posted:

Considering how much Hamilton whines (and I've been rooting for Lewis since he entered F1), Max having a hissy fit in frustration is just one of those things in life he'll have to learn how to work through.

Whining on the radio is one thing, like someone else mentioned, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel all do that. The point was Max was crying about not being given a free pass on his teammate. Say what you like, I don't think I've ever heard Lewis crying that he has to overtake someone.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

be nice wicka posted:

yes. and so do the rest of the FOM partners. all of them are very good at making money off the sport. making slightly less money is better driving it into nonexistence and making no money at all. this isn't rocket science. there is no danger whatsoever to F1 here. none at all. the sky is not falling. can we please calm down?

Where's the photo of that Iraqi minister guy when you need it

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ban all the teams and Grand Prix's should become Bernie and the rest of the CVC old men's brigade running round the track on Sundays making "BRRRRMMMMM" noises.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

keevo posted:

So the world champion with his own private jet couldn't be bothered to go to the simulator to learn how to start a race?

You can understand someone not feeling the need to try very hard when Rosberg is their main competition.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I did this and it had the same effect as sexy time

Much like sexy time, it will only happen in your imagination.

I missed qualifying because "early" but the result is good, it makes it a lot more interesting to see Hamilton have to drive hard for his WDC rather than just strolling it like last year.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

In my head I remembered him leading from start to finish but similarly, I don't hold stats very well. The year before he was almost constantly having to come from behind to win though.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Apparently, no driver has ever lost the championship after winning the first three races. I will therefore watch with interest to see how Nico manages it

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

thegasman2000 posted:

Did mercedes comment on the damage to Lewis' car at all? I would think he was running with a serious disadvantage after running over his own front wing what with the floor be so vital to aero.

He almost got overtaken at the end by a Toro Rosso so I'm pretty sure the car wasn't right in some way shape or form. I believe Merc said the floor was damaged from the wing at some point.

krushgroove posted:

It's weird seeing the dislike for Nico bubble up in the thread...like it did for Seb when he was dominating (and then disappeared when he went to Ferrari)...almost as if anyone who does well is disliked until they inevitably (because no one is perfect) slip and falter...? I get that Lewis acts like a twat quite a lot but Seb and Nico are pretty likeable (OK, apart from Seb's initial reaction to Kyvat's first corner driving).

in the interests of full disclosure, I don't like Nico. The root of my dislike is basically "I don't think he's that good" (He's obviously still a great driver and better than many on the grid) but because this is a sport, half the fun comes from exaggerating our likes/dislikes to extreme proportions. So it's easy to take that dislike and turn it into STRONG dislike when he wins like he did yesterday, when the only person capable of beating him had to start from the back of the grid.

VVVVV Yeah, that.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 18, 2016

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The life and career of Rubens "The anti-Senna" Barichello

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Noone gives a gently caress about Lewis.

Well this is wrong. Positive or negative, nigh on everyone I've ever spoken to about F1 has given a gently caress about Lewis.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

So basically Lewis is driving Nico's car from the past 2 seasons..

What a loving fraud.

The worst was that horrible tendency it had to lock up its brakes and go straight on at a corner whenever a car was within 4s of it on track. Or about to out-qualify it.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I didn't think it was possible but now Red Bull have managed to become even more irritating as a team. With the arrival of frog-face oval office to partner gurning-aussie oval office, that's got to be the most hated driver lineup on the grid now.

Oh and that Fernando/Button advert thing is awful and cringy and you're an idiot if you like it. Bring back TOONED.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I've had to step it up a notch because this thread was getting seriously boring. I used to enjoy the worst thread but now it's pages of:

• "Hey guys, did you watch the motogp???"
  • "I hate Lewis grrrr"
  • "I hate Vettel grrrr"
  • "I hate wicka grrrr"
  • I hate the new/old rules because I'm new/old grrr"

On second thoughts maybe it's always been that poo poo and I've only just noticed. Either way.

e: being the Worst Thread tm used to MEAN something.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

"WOW VERSTAPPEN WOW WOW SO YOUNG AND AMAZING WOW AMAZING LAP WOW LET'S TALK ABOUT RECORDS"

*is 4 tenths slower than teammate*

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I really hope kyvyat finishes ahead of frogboy today.

That's the boy who looks like a frog, not the boy from France.

fake edit: He's Swiss.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Entirely rosbergs fault

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

monkeytennis posted:

Entirely Hamilton's fault.

Except you're wrong.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

FAROOQ posted:

Verstappens gonna win haha

Surely the fans of F1 would throw themselves under the wheels of his car before allowing something this shameful to happen

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

This Brit will not!! It was clearly Lewis's fault the fraud.

You're not a real Brit though, you're whatever El Hefe is. Cuban or something

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Niki Lauda says Hamilton is at fault and too aggressive. What now you fraudboys?

Laura had made a career out of being wrong about poo poo for the last 10 years but now that it suits the filthy Nico lovers he's suddenly a wise sage. Shocking

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lol, Lauda apparently told the BBC it was Nicos fault

E: Channel 4

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm actually cheering for Vettel right now.. Jesus what has F1 become

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lmao that fire marshal.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Aqualung posted:

Oh gently caress off Wolff.

I'm on C4 and we haven't had the interview yet. What happened? I'm guessing they didn't follow your fanfiction script

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Basically Lewis expected Rosberg to have a brain and cover the inside, and when it was clear that Rosberg had forgotten he was in an F1 race with other cars it was too late to do anything about it.

I've changed my mind. It was Lewis's fault for giving Rosberg any amount of credit

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Where was nico supposed to go?

The inside, like a normal person. Seriously you're always the dumbest person in this thread, even in the times when I've agreed with what you're saying.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

You are a colossal moron.

Oic, I've got the wrong corner. Ok well Nico is even stupider for cutting across like that sorry

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

If Ncio went any further inside he'd have been on the grass with Hamilton.

Yeah it was my bad, I thought it was the left hander next and that Nico was being oblivious and taking the racing line, instead he was a moron and swerved across the track offline which is even worse

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Aqualung posted:

Do you just follow me around every time I post in this thread?

What do you think happened? Wolff said nothing of relevance really, the most scripted and neutral thing he could say. Surprised he didn't start talking about Ferrari potentially challenging them for the championship now.

Send them your manuscript again. Maybe they didn't read the part where Lewis screams at them petulantly and quits F1 to be a rapper and his sales aren't very good and red bull win the world championship with VES and he invites you up on to the podium with him because of your excellent posting in TWT

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

He was blocking Lewis....

You're allowed one move to defend your line, Rosberg went way over and Hamilton could've easily swapped over if he didn't double down onto the grass. In my opinion they just tripped over each other.

But like someone already said, he blocked too late. There was no time to double back like you're suggesting because the gap closed too fast, the grass was the only option at that point and the rest is history

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I would genuinely rather have seen Rosberg win a WDC than Verstappen win a race. This is a sad day.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Sky are staying on air until the stewards have made a decision.

While I'd love to see Rosberg get a race ban, if the decision is anything other than "Noone got an advantage, racing incident chill out from now on" then it's a stupid decision.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Well, he did nothing wrong to be fair

Just like Hitler I suppose? Fascist.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Nico is pissed

Why? He net gained 7 points.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Well, yes. Lewis being benched because he got into a fight in a club over a gay sex tape someone has of him with his "security guard" friend would be a beautiful thing.

So either you're clutching desperately at straws trying to hype up a tabloid story that has about as much credibility as your CV when you claim you got more than 3 GCSE's, or you're stopped-clock-correct and therefore coming into the thread trying to tell people they shouldn't like Lewis Hamilton any more because he's gay. Of all the people in this thread that I actively disagree with you're the only one whose posting I can't stand. Can you just gently caress off?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

JFairfax posted:

still less embarrassing than Jedit at the goon karting though.

Goon karting was great. I remember finishing my qualifying lap and thinking "That's got to be top 5" and then being 15th out of 30 or whatever, 3+ seconds off the pace. Does anyone still have the paper slip from that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Well that's hilarious... why the gently caress would Merc put on the softs though.. that seems like they're TRYING to leave it up to luck

• Locked thread