Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

simplefish posted:

I do think whoever said it earlier got it right about this perhaps being the season the media turned on Are Lewis. Sky commentary had some comment about attending fashion shows and partying all off season, and called him 'one of the great all time talents' or similar, but added 'I know many of you at home might disagree, but that's my opinion' (both paraphrased)

the press to love building someone up and destroying them, yet they lionise the partying of james hunt?

Lewis is a throwback to the drivers of old who would go out all night, drink champagne, bang some models and then go racing the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

The first European round is 2 months away. I'd imagine there will be higher security, but I can't see any races being cancelled. F1 isn't important enough to be a target, honestly.

all the cool terrorists will be bombing the hell out of the European championship in france this summer anyway

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Je Suis Bernie

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
they could tie DRS and available KRS Turbo boost to in-app purchases, make people pay to make drivers cars faster

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Dunlop and put the bridge on every track

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

don't think ferrari would want every other team having data on their test track

they have done exactly this in the past, I think the last time they tested there was 2012

http://www.crash.net/f1/results/179258/1/mugello-f1-test-times-combined-13-may.html

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

If this post gets 100 likes I'll tell you what my mom texted me after the race

I know what she texted me after the race

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rush would have been longer than Shoah if they included all of James Hunt's sexcapades / hitting on women / sexual assaults

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Seriously who do I need to PM to get the title changed to "I'm a Haasman"?

can Gigi Gali do it?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MustardFacial posted:

What the gently caress does Daimler Benz know about making clutches? They stopped making manual transmissions back in the 80's.

you still have clutches in automatics, and F1 cars are not manuals anyway

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

njsykora posted:

Old Spa would have to rank highly as well I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oB1FBplQJI

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dubs posted:

Ted Kravitz is my spirit animal

He is Lenny Kravitz's cousin.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
wish that was bowler hat as it looked at first glance

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

If I could afford to go to the Nurburgring with a Lotus 49, I would.

interesting way to want to die

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Their support of music events is unironically cool and good

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Germans are boring, annoying and uninteresting. See: Nico Rosberg.

Edit: it says alot that they needed two Austrians to get the German team winning.

Germans usually needs a strong Austrian to inspire them to victory

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

It's actually rather annoying and I get the sense that if you got a drink with him at the pub instead of having a good chat he'd be trying to impress you with all these stories of questionable validity.

Also I rate all drivers based on how much I'd like to have a drink with them.

who would you most like to have a drink with?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Vladimir Putin should be "running" Europe and Donald Trump would make a "fantastic" American president, the Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has claimed.

The 85-year-old chief executive of the Formula One Group added that he was “100 per cent an outer” when it came to the EU referendum and said he believed immigration has brought no benefits whatsoever to Britain.

Speaking at Advertising Week Europe in London, he told the WPP chief executive, Sir Martin Sorrell: “I think Europe has become less important, full stop.

Russian President Vladimir Putin walks to meet Palestinian National Authority
Russian President Vladimir Putin walks to meet Palestinian National Authority
As it was pointed out that he is a great admirer of Putin, Ecclestone responded: “He should be running Europe.”

Asked if he should be in Brussels "running Europe?” he replied: “No, we should get rid of Brussels and he should just be in charge.

“He does what he says he’s gonna do, he gets the job done. I mean people don’t understand exactly what he wants to do ... He wants to put Russia back to what it was.”

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump
Asked on his views of the Republican favourite, Donald Trump, he said: “I think he’d be fantastic [as president].

“I’m sure he’s much more flexible than most of them. If he’s made a mistake, he’s more likely to say: ‘It was a good idea at the time.’”

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'd like to take Claire Williams seriously.

If you know what I mean fellas!!!11!!!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Triple A posted:

don't forget rich parents not wanting their little princesses to be in any sort of danger

plenty of rich people get their girls horses and riding horses is far more dangerous than driving F1 cars, these days at least

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He's too Christian to be comfortable being gay

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I went go-karting in Portugal a couple of weeks ago, a nice out door circuit about 1100m long. 390CC Go-Karts, no fire suit, just a helmet, no safety video or any bullshit, just straight out for a warm up, qualifying and then a 25 min race.

I had been up late the night before drinking hard, including quite a few shots of the grappa-like moonshine that they love in Portugal.

After about 10 minutes of the race itself I had to slow down and not push hard because I thought I was going to throw up in my helmet.

fun times.

still less embarrassing than Jedit at the goon karting though.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I live in the states now so won't be able to make it, but goon-karting was great.

This is where I went in Portugal and it was aces.

http://www.kip.pt

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I am in Chi town.

No idea where my time sheet is.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

did I finish 8th?

if I remember correctly I span on my qualifying lap and ended up starting way at the back, and overtook the most number of people during the race.

e/ also I knew dudley would have the timing sheet!!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Cripes! I live in Lincolnshire, that's a long drive away.... Even for carting.

it's alright, Jedit came from Scotland and didn't even make it through the practice session.

JFairfax fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 25, 2016

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

is that why you were all 1 second slower than the first place guy? lol owned

in portugal in 390cc karts we had one friend who was about 20kg lighter than the rest of us and he just ran rings around us all.

should have thrown a bag of cement on his kart.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
hamilton just has the phone numbers of dudes who want to blow him after the race in his cockpit

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
made me chuckle

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
did lewis disappear down a man's hole?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

it's shocking that none of you quoted this and instead opted for that video of Baku, this right here is why Monaco is cool as hell, because poo poo just look at this

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

EoRaptor posted:

Weeeee...

I booked Flir for a corporate event my company hosted once, the two guys turned up and had one of those heat cameras, infra red or some poo poo, can't remember it was a long time ago, anyway, they got really drunk and used it to look at women, as you could esentially see through their clothes.

good times

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
so I hear that God doesn't want Lewis to win the championship this year.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MZ posted:

This is way too complicated. Just stick them all in the same reasonably priced car and get them to do a full race weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZfXr1eESMs

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The race was cool and good and i want to race on Suzuka so bad

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

Tbh it's better to have the 7am races because you don't have to plan your Sunday around it, you can just get up watch the race and then go about your day.

I've missed a few of the American races because I've had to go to a lunch or something.

This is why I like watching live premier league footy in the US on a Saturday, you can watch like 3 games before midday on the east coast or central - it's great.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
that was a cool race, it's a shame that little frog verstappen couldn't split the mercs, but him just charging through the field overtaking errybody was cool.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
also the famous childrens books meg and mog:

JFairfax fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 22, 2016

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

How Formula 1 Steering Wheels Have Evolved Since the 1950s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V4soKKUzSI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
he was probably really hungover. I tried go-kartign on a massive hangover this year, ended up having to slow down and crack the visor up to get some fresh air, felt like I was going to throw up.

would imagine it's a little worse on the stomach in an F1 car

• Locked thread