Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Croc posted:

If it wasn't for max and kyvat trying to murder each other this would have been a total write off.

They properly harden up those Red Bull kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

it'll set Lewis on max petulance if Nico wins. I'm fully on the Nico train.

This. So much this.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The gently caress is this retard Palmer still doing with an F1 seat? Useless bastard is making a career of being in everybody else' way.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Back.

Nico deserved that race, Hamilton drove like a petulant oval office and was not cool at all. Nico is a deserving champion, Are Rossie, WDC.

Hamilton drove a pretty canny race imho and I'm not exactly a fan of the guy. :shrug: I think it would've been a classy move to let Rosberg by on the last lap so that the WDC was on the top step of the podium, but these guys are racing drivers and those stats mean more to them than they probably admit publicly.

What was really good was seeing Rosberg not crack under the pressure. In effect, Hamilton made Rosberg look top class by trying to force him into a mistake and coming up short. For all the mind games and loving around in the press over the last three years, I had a bit of a moment seeing Rosberg finally clinch the title after being with that team since it's most recent inception. Even more so if we all get our wishes of the new regs giving us more of a 2010 type of season next year where it is anybody's guess who could win and Rosberg's best chance has passed him by.

I have to agree with Damon Hill on Salty Sports F1; Rosberg changed at Austin last year. I'm not sure if it was him becoming steelier or Hamilton taking his eye off the ball, but since that race Rosberg has been in the form of his life and it showed this season.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Alain Post posted:

I just checked the F1 points standings and it looks like Lewis has less points than Nico even though he's supposed to be a better driver than him. Can some of his fanatical British supporters explain?

It's bizarre, I watched SkySalty Sports coverage (because I pay for that poo poo so I'm loving well watching it) and the inherent Lewis bias is shameful. It's as if Brundle is the only guy with any class on that entire team. I then had a quick run through the Channel 4 coverage and it was refreshing to see their pundits (Webber, Coulthard, Wolff) say what a whiny bitch he was being in the pen interviews.

ETA: loving lol Hamilton didn't deny that he threatened to quit after Barcelona. Double lol at Toto Wolff telling both British broadcasters that he should go work for Christian Horner.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 27, 2016

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

I will say this though: Lewis's engine blowing up in Malaysia pretty much was the difference this year. Assuming that he held on to first, he would have at least 7 points more than Nico that race (assuming every other race ended the same way). He lost by 5. Beyond that, we could argue who was the better driver until the cows come home using a near endless amount of metrics, but at the end of the day,

Max Verstappen WDC 2017 :unsmigghh:.

Same with Nando at Suzuka in 2012. Didn't make Vettel any less deserving though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

Uh oh, you said Nando didn't deserve a championship!

But anyway, how annoyed would Tsaedje be if I did a blow by blow of their stated/actual aim bit from the OP?

I thought he absolutely did. He was in inferior machinery and drove possibly his best season ever, but the truth of it all is that some guys are lucky and some ain't. Vettel got punted on the first lap in the final race of 2012 and drove out of his skin from the back of the pack to win the title. Sadly, some people can't seem to understand that whilst winning or losing the title is binary, 'deservedness' of it isn't.

Powershift posted:

Skilled and loved by the people? the worst thread is going to lose their poo poo when the Maximum Verstappen era begins next year.

As phenomenal as Max is, can he really beat the Honey Badger in a straight fight?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

enri posted:

I need to see drunk Jenson talking to Ted, was it on Ted's notebook after the race or something? I've set up to record it just in case anyway.

:h: Jenson, forever in our hearts #blessed #wdcforever

The number of drivers I'm willing to cheer on is beginning to get a little low :(

Yes and it was brilliant. Clearly found somewhere supplying alcoholic contraband and proceeded to give zero fucks about anything F1 related. Absolute legend.

ETA: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10675168/watch-teds-abu-dhabi-race-notebook first 2 minutes, best Notebook ever.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 27, 2016

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Vettel talking about the seagull was peak Vettel

Vettel has always been a funny guy. That legendarily long question at a drivers press conference and his loving around with James Allen was straight up hilarious.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Powershift posted:

:siren: Verstappen accepting responsibility for his mistake :siren:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-not-blaming-hulkenberg-for-spin-854683/

He's growing up, guys.

I honestly believe he's an old head on young shoulders and it's the older guys who are having problems accepting he's a hard bastard. His racecraft textbook is straight out of the late 80s/early 90s.

The fact that they're legislating his driving style out of existence is loving depressing. His F3 season was worth watching just for him and his batshit overtakes. Brazil this year was like watching him in that series again.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
BBC F1's homepage is salty as gently caress this morning. :grin:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Falken posted:

Yeah, he's just kind of shrugged and is looking on to the future. The thread is hunting for PETULANCE though.

But I think he went into the race with the idea he wasn't going to be champion.

This is loving hilarious.

e: Wait, in the "Rosberg will never be Hamilton's equal" picture, did they seriously put the "Jeremy Kyle" filter on Nico? gently caress I hate the BBC

That clickbait poo poo article title (Andrew Benson, go figure) is also the one where half of the BBC's skeleton crew of Radio reporters who weren't good enough for Sky or Channel 4 slate Rosberg as undeserving too. :lol:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Falken posted:

Mercedes should do an advert with one Mercedes holding up another in your usual motorway commuting scenario (rear end in a top hat hogging the fast lane), and it cuts to Lewis humming to himself, seemingly oblivious, and then to Nico angrily shaking his fist at the car ahead, with his WDC trophy safely seatbelted in the passenger seat.

Wouldn't be the first time Mercedes have made light of an acrimonious relationship to hawk cars. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKU90BSHqHk

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Baron Corbyn posted:

Real talk: "Nico Rosberg will never be Hamilton's equal" is not a controversial statement nor is it bitterness talking. Our Lewis is going to go down in history as one of all time greats, Nico is going to go down in history as the answer to the trivia question "Which driver competed in the most F1 races before winning his first (and only) world championship?"

It was a powerful reminder of Hamilton's class as he managed the gap in S1 to ensure Nico didn't get a DRS tow and then still produce lap after lap as much as 9 seconds down on his pole lap time without getting threatened with an overtake.

There is no questioning that he truly is a cut above, nobody can really disagree with that. But does the BBC's whole F1 page need to be a safe space for grieving Lewis fans?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Does Monaco have weird marriage laws or something? I don't get it

The average wealth and earnings of Monegasques is obscene. I doubt they're in the habit of giving half their poo poo up in the event of getting a divorce.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jeez, if the guy cuts a fart in public people are going to lose their poo poo in a comment section somewhere on the Internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

I'd like to see Max and Ricciardo have a good battle near the front next year, although I definitely don't think Max has a WDC in him yet. I'd put my money on Lewis for 2017 unless something changes drastically (please let's have that happen).

Well big tyres make him sick, so there's hope yet.

• Locked thread