Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Thanks Ants posted:

If everyone bitches about the knockout qualifying then we will end up with some bullshit linked to twitter like formula e got. So be careful what you wish for.

Bernie doesn't know what Twitter is, so I think we're safe on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

dreesemonkey posted:

e: So assholes like me don't get TV and then arrrr matey the races from Sky the next day. I care enough about the sport to pay something to watch it, but right now there isn't really an option to do that.

Yep. If you're in the US and don't subscribe to cable/satellite there is no way to legally watch F1, aside from the couple of races NBC puts on regular broadcast tv.
If there was some kind of streaming option, I'd sign up and gladly pay for it.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'm watching the race on NBC, so I don't get to see any of the interesting things you're all talking about. Instead, we get commercials every 5 minutes, and Will Buxton.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Just announced a SC start

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Alonso up in 5th right now, and Button in 9th. The McLaren resurgence is on!

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Are we in danger of having an interesting Monaco race? The battle for first is good and there's actually some doubt of who will win.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Button up to 9th!

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I would just like to call attention to the fact that Best Max finished 15th at the Indy 500 today. Top half of the field!

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

No Blewis? I'm disappointed in you Worst Thread.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Race is moving from NBC to NBCSN because of the shooting in Orlando. I realize why, but that means I can't watch the race live.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Apparently Haas are giving some GP3 driver a chance to drive in FP1 for a few races. Presumably this is a favor to Ferrrari, since he's part of their program.

Edit for autocorrect fix.

Funzo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 24, 2016

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I look forward to next year's FIA rules about the number of switches you're allowed on the steering wheel.
Also, only communication via Morse Code is allowed.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Human Grand Prix posted:

New rule: La Cucaracha must be broadcast over the radio once per race.

This should be the only way to take advantage of blue flags. You have to hit the horn button to play it or you can't pass.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Rossi was offered the seat and turned them down to finish out the Indycar season.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Just so I understand, Liberty Media is acquiring FOM right? I know that pretty much IS Formula One, although I don't remember exactly what the FIA does aside from create the rulebook.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

All I want out of this deal is a way to stream races online. I'll even pay for it. Give me an app or something to watch practice/qualifying/full races.

Also, bring F1 to Road America.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

quote:

"I think there's an opportunity to grow that broadcast stream. Much of it comes from moving potentially from free-to-air to competitive pay services, that's for example what happened in the UK, when BSkyB recently bought the rights."

Don't have cable? gently caress you.

Also:

quote:

Something that intersects all of these is less than 1 percent of the revenues are from digital, they really have no organised digital effort. I think there are lot of things that can be done around gaming, VR [Virtual Reality] and AR [Augmented Reality].
No mention of streaming or on-demand?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

njsykora posted:

He mentions Miami as a possible race destination. loving Long Beach Grand Prix do it.

Las Vegas too. Caeser's parking lot GP ahoy!

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Didn't Are Nando (Blessings upon him) have the upgraded engine for this race? Jumping from dead last to 7th is a pretty good sign of improvement, and Button held his starting position, where in other races this year they've slid backwards through the field.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Next maybe they can start penalizing drivers that push other cars wide at corners and run them off the track. That's just as much of a bullshit move IMO.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Finally get to watch a live race. I had forgotten just how maddening NBCs coverage is. It's body even the commercials, it's the stupid bullshit they show when they come back from commercials

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

GODDAMIT NBC

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

This was the absolute perfect race to watch the Channel 4 highlights. Didn't have to sit through the red flag periods.
Also, I would like to nominate the white line at turn 14 for driver of the day.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

So Are Nando wins WDC next year, and leaves at the top to go dominate WEC. What a proper gentleman.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I just can't take anyone named "Zak" seriously.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'm hoping Lewis dominates in qualifying, then fucks up the start and has to spend the race behind Verstappen, while watching Nico disappear off in to the distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

FIA clarified the safety car standing start thing for next year. It only applies during a safety car rain start. Once it dries, the cars line up for a standing restart.

• Locked thread