Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Did Mercedes use more tires than Ferrari in qualifying because they thought they were going to need to fight for the pole? Or did Ferrari use an extra set in Q2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sort of sad that they are already abandoning the qualifying change because the first session was pretty fun imo and I was enjoying figuring out which teams didn't actually read the rules and/or were not able to perform basic math.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just watched the race, was pretty surprised that it was pretty good. I don't think it means anything for the rest of the season unless both Hamilton and Nico keep bottling the start. I think Ferrari has better drivers but the Mercs still have better everything else.

I bet Wehrlein gets Manor points sometime this year he seems pretty fast.

be nice wicka posted:

his car went into like recharge mode and slowed down. if you watch the replay you can see the light on the back of his car start flashing just before the crash. no one's fault.

The Sky post show had a bit with car data that showed Gutierrez braking way earlier than Alonso in the corner which is what probably caused the wreck. I doubt it was anyone's fault either just one of those things.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Merc didn't tell Nico because they were rightly worried he would melt down and subsequently shriek about how the car feels funny on the radio every 30 seconds before losing his lead to a gust of wind.

There is an alarm system in the car that would have told him his brakes were toast if the temps got any higher.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My impression is that the car was nearing the condition where they would have told Nico that his brakes were gone, not that he was actually driving around with critical brakes. They probably could have done the same message about 'mind your brakes or you won't finish the race' that someone else got but they didn't for some reason.

I don't remember if anyone asked Lewis what the alarm was after the race.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Mexican GP is pretty fun and it would be nice if everything weren't completely locked up by then.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Shanghai will probably be a better measure of where the gap between engines currently is. The Mercs completely shithoused everyone there last year iirc where Bahrain wasn't quite as one sided. Maybe I am wrong though because I am just going on memory.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd like to uh look up Claire Williams on uh Wikipedia if you catch my drift

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
James Allison's wife reportedly died suddenly today from meningitis yikes.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hopefully the terrorists don't target the most symbolically European of all races in Baku Azerbaijan

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
We need Big Pastor there to carry innocents away from danger in case of an attack imo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
They need to do something about teams wanting to save their tires. poo poo like Red Bull being idiots and not being on the track can be fixed with longer sessions and knockout windows I guess. As of now why wouldn't Q2 and Q3 just have teams content to go in early and have an extra set of fresh super softs for the race?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Norns posted:

This.
Also gently caress US F1 coverage, commercials during a race are poo poo.

I've gotten to the point where even if I could watch a race live on NBC I'll still choose to wait a few hours to download the Sky broadcast if I can because the commercials detract so much from watching the race. Also Sky's coverage is way better than the US one as well.

e: Is Channel 4 going to do the free live stream of the race thing for their broadcasts like BBC did?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It will last until their cars break every race

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Vettel passed Hamilton but that was just because of his tires being shot

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm an economist and think it is totally fine to drive a super fast race car with cracked ribs.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Weird you didn't see Alonso's race skill last year in a poo poo rear end car that broke down every other race you loving idiot

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If Alonso really wanted his seat he wouldn't have fractured all those ribs and collapsed his lung imo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

cgfreak posted:

So is Wehrlein actually pretty legit or is Haryanto simply poo poo? I'm guessing a little of both

He is legit

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Well hopefully Hamilton has learned to use a clutch over the past two weeks

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
They should let the Indonesian bots win the vote imo who really gives a poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It can still be exciting I think if the first laps are fairly close. If the Mercs are .5 faster than everyone the first lap then the second one will be pretty boring I guess.

I guess the system last year there was always hope until the end if you didn't have access to split data to know that Mercedes was purple the first two sectors.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That looked all on Bottas I haven't seen a replay yet

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pascal going to get some points

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nevermind Hamilton needed to stay outside maybe I dunno. Not a penalty

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Damaged Merc faster than most of the field seems good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Good stuff midfield as usual

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Force India has been poor this year

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That pass was way too easy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kimi doing well on holding off Lewis

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Haas has looked so good in that first corner all race

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Jos has a dickface

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nico is going slow wonder if something is wrong

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh well guess not

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Time to vote for my boy Rio for driver of the race

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Big John now ahead of Vettel for WDC

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Same

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Reddit says that Sauber is out of money and done after this race via some Dutch pit reporter. No idea if that is true or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nico's contract is up after this year right?

• Locked thread