Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I'm trying this out as gwrtheyrn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

pixaal posted:

That was a joke post, there is no such thing as a raid in this game.

Wow man -10 DKP

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Senso posted:

Why are there two different fonts?! One sans and one serif?! :psyduck:

Dev probably didn't updated the font in the style sheet for that pane. The cast pane is now sans serif

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Horking Delight posted:

Pine (bottles) -> Oak (barrels, great carp exp) -> Bamboo (avg 2.5 logs/action)

That's what we need the most of right now but if you find yourself liking something else more, we basically always want everything.

Also I checked today and we're rank #42 now. :toot:

Oak also gets you acorns which are more directly usable than cones, but you get fewer logs.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

oldskool posted:

For example, one orchard (2 slots, so one house) and one Cherry can spawn anywhere from 10 to 150 cherries in the next 24 hours...and you need to save just one of those cherries to get another 10-150 the day after, and so on.

1 cherry goes to 10-50 on a one slot orchard. Most of the orchards I see are 2 slot orchards so 2 cherries->20-100 in 24 hours. Vegetable/herb gardens are even worse if you cycle them twice a day because they have 20+ planting slots

Edit:10-50 slots, which is what I care about because it's time

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 15, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

+1 timer, -1 min timer. Don't wear this stuff all the time unless you want to always be <20s

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Crell posted:

Flour is our big bottleneck because we have to go pine cones --> pine nuts --> flour, which is a lovely long proccess that gives very little EXP. I'm just finishing up a batch now, should have around 2000.

You can also do Sunflowerseeds --> flour, but sunflower seeds are from extensions and are pretty slow to get.

Sunflowers are better than pine nuts aside from the planting time restriction imo

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

CubicalSucrose posted:

In terms of time / actions / effort required vs. exp gained, would it make more sense to try and grind out full sets of pink Blue clothes, rather than going for pies? Even if we wind up with a substantial surplus of non-pink Blue clothes, it should help reduce the total pie consumption.

We can do both at the same time without any issue. Flax plants don't compete with pie resources other than just being another gathering action

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AKMoose posted:

Flour can use any kind of nuts--no one yet has mentioned pumpkin seeds, chestnuts, or acorns. I don't know if this makes a huge difference on the XP gains, but it's not as if you have to grind pine just to get flour.

Please don't use pumpkin seeds for flour

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I'm doing ginseng and mushrooms, but they're most likely going to end up as woodland/fish potions

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Ratzap posted:

Once I get to 22 I'll gladly leave them to you.

As in see

Roflex posted:

Guess I should make some sort of post on this project, this'll have to do until I can get a more detailed writeup together.

PROJECT MANA SPLURGE for lack of a better name

Probably way out of date spreadsheet

Goal: Get lots of mana foods and help get people up to the magic breakpoints (5, 15, 30) faster.

Step 1: Lots of potions (see spreadsheet). Woodland potions for spotted treefrogs; fish finding potions for purple snails/sea urchins. Gem potions because we only need blue mushrooms for the other two, so we'll have loads of extra red mushrooms.

Things we need: Ginseng, Lavender, Mandrake, Red and Blue mushrooms. Parchment, logs, bottles, water. Crush all those things in the first list. Then make potions.

Once we have 10k of each potion made we'll move on to step 2: actually gathering the mana stuff. Then step 3 is cooking the mana foods, and step 4 is eating them.

This has been designed so people of all levels can contribute. Best ways to help right now are to hike in DF and gather mushrooms.

There are some side projects that higher levels can contribute to: mining white sand and chopping heartwood for the better bottle recipe; chopping larch (with potions on) for larch leaves (which go into northern salads); stingrays, stingray skins, and kites for lightning catching.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Horking Delight posted:

If anyone has access to my (Meowth) extensions and wants to turn them into herbs used by the mana project, feel free.

I'm in the middle of this right now

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Ripley posted:

Just signed up as Ripley, this looks interesting.

Invite sent

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Emo Rodeo posted:

In as Hestler

Invite sent

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

xiw posted:

Idle games seem good. Please invite xiw.

Invite sent

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

If you want to level alchemy, crush your own stuff and turn it into potions. If you don't just gather more stuff

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

quote:

22:54:08 [GM] Gix warned Gomez for an unspecified reason.
22:54:20 [GM] Gix warned mordaq the cutest kitty for an unspecified reason.
22:54:22 [GM] Gix : Please take your erp to whispers.
:laffo:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

UWBW posted:

Jumped in, playing as UWBW. Disappointed at the lack of clicking I can do to occupy my vacant brain but excited to watch numbers go up.

Invite sent

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, we have a whole 3 people over 30 fishing, DCB, xerol who is going for 40, and gilg. As far as I know, DCB is the only person focusing on fishing

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Ruggan posted:

why the weird spider web instead of something simpler like a bar graph?

that graph creates "areas" that present misleading info... for instance, if speed and gathering were adjacent, they'd make a much greater "area" for gray than how they're currently set up

not a big deal, just wondering what led you to that vis

The area and even the axis scales don't matter. It makes it easy to see that we're getting more xp than other guilds in most skills. With bars you'd have a harder time seeing that at a glance since you'd either have to look at every set of bars or be really confused with stacked bars. See wikipedia on radar charts. The light grey coloring for slumber is awful though

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 27, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Line chart would probably be better since it's basically the same thing unwrapped on a linear axis instead of radial. I still wouldn't say bars are better

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Zoe posted:

In as Laziram, just newbishly poking around so far but send me an invite to whatever.

Sent an invite

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

It is probably not too difficult to change it to parse a copy-paste instead of an http call

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

what is the chart supposed to be illustrating?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

oldskool posted:

Bar graph of weekly XP gains, color-coded by skill

I don't see anyone getting over 1 million speed xp for the week. Closest is like 500-600k

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

quote:

[Bug Fix] now we are stripping html tags from chat messages. no more unsavory code injection into chat.

:v:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Just to be clear that was from a different game, not amar, and the dev on it seems like he has his priorities straight when it comes to prioritizing security fixes. Dude got handed what was probably a massive dumpsterfire of a code base.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

pixaal posted:

I bet vara still allows HTML on the forums p.sure they had a post telling you how to do HTML on there. <--other game chat

There's a bunch of other games similar to amar that exist and most are horribly coded it's fun to pop in and see how backwater this game genre is in general. It's like going to the internet, 2001.

the same tag stripping code is applied to forums posts. they removed all of the text on the html guide. any post made prior to the change still works though

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Eastdrom posted:

Hey guys can i get an invite for vilgefarts ?

Invite sent

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

There's a holiday event up now for anyone who is semi afk as well as the new interface. Good time to stop by again

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

MrTargetPractice posted:

In as Cyrix. Please send an invite when you can.

Invite sent

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Magres posted:

wait can you no longer do fuckin anything with magic until level 38 or some poo poo?

e: nm

isn't that mostly a good thing? most durations went up

It's a bad thing because most durations went down if you were above level 40 or so

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

oldskool posted:

and that's bad because goons actively used magic while the top guilds are essentially combat-only, so it works out to yet another change that actively hurts our growth rate while having no effect on the guilds we're trying to catch up to.

I mean we could also rush combat until he nerfs it....

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Samizdata posted:

Can Samizdata get a guild invite please?

:f5:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Bloody mary's mirror gives +2 regen with 0 requirements. They're far more valuable as spell duration equipment than as mana regen equipment though, but you could definitely use them to boost you from 1->5 magic faster...although you could probably dip into the lightning stash for that too.

Same idea for the wedding corsage. Technically usable as a replacement aurora with no requirement, but again far more valuable as part of a casting set. We also don't have a ton of either

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

New content in amar :pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010