Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Azathoth
Jul 28, 2006
Dia ad aghaidh's ad aodaun... agus bas dunarch ort! Dhonas 's dholas ort, agus leat-sa!... Ungl unl... rrlh ... chchch...

Edge & Christian posted:

I would reverse this.

Captain America: Sam Wilson and Astonishing Ant-Man are both really dumb but people seem to like them. Black Knight, Guardians of Infinity, and Red Wolf might be really bad but I don't think anyone is actually reading them.

I read Black Knight, the fool I am. It was really not good. It hammers on the drugs/sword parallels for all five issues, with people telling Dane he needs to dry out from the sword, but then in the end they just give it back to him for some reason. No attempts are made to actually help Dane or remove the curse or just destroy the blade, it's just "Never mind, addict, you were right. Enjoy your drugs!"

The supporting cast was also incredibly boring: two bland grumpy human warriors who hate each other because they both think they love ~*Dane-sempai*~ the most. The book's villains aren't even really in the series -- it's mostly squabbling between Dane and the Uncanny Avengers -- and they don't show up to fight anybody until the series is almost done, and then half an issue later it's revealed they aren't really who you thought they were! They're actually... some random other guys you don't know, led by a dude who was in exactly one panel of the first issue, and now they're wearing dumb lizard costumes to disguise their identities for... reasons! Oh, and Steve Rogers is almost instantly overwhelmed by the Ebony Blade when he picks it up, because apparently Captain America is less pure of heart and has less willpower than Dane Whitman?

There might be explanations for some of these dumb things in the book, but so much about it was bad that I don't want to bother going back to it or even trying to remember. It was immensely forgettable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Azathoth
Jul 28, 2006
Dia ad aghaidh's ad aodaun... agus bas dunarch ort! Dhonas 's dholas ort, agus leat-sa!... Ungl unl... rrlh ... chchch...

BrianWilly posted:

Okay so...what's the deal then? How come all the NuHumans are so chill with being recruited to the Inhuman nation?

A lot of the main NuHumans were in pretty lovely situations -- IIRC, Inferno's mother was killed by the mist, and Iso was being pursued by the Chinese military. I'm sure the ones who still have families and who aren't being actively hunted mostly continue their lives as normal, like Ms. Marvel, with maybe occasional visits to New Attilan.

Blind Azathoth
Jul 28, 2006
Yeah, I think they should've just used Iron Woman. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I also like Ironheart (maybe I just like bad names, I don't know), but I agree that the name change makes it feel less like passing the torch and more like, I don't know, Thunderstrike or something. Like Tony's going to be back in a year, and Ironheart will be Iron Man's sidekick for another couple years, and then she'll die or everybody will just forget about her. Which is probably going to happen regardless of the name, but...

Anyway, they should've just called her She-Iron Man.

• Locked thread